Imagine changing rules to cater to people who don't play on the server rather than people who do

wasn’t that because of the democracy bypass - which is totally a valid reason to be like “bruh wtf” - and not because “I actually gotta be creative with my insults now??!?!?!?!?!”

Yeah, I have no problem with people being annoyed/upset by the going-around of player council. But tbh, that may be because of how somewhat poorly council was implemented- IE what even are their power.

You feel you’re right but you’re only an asshole who tries to push your own thing onto others.

Like someone who uses slurs against others, but then undermines them for being upset about it?

You think your opinion is more important or something? Fuck off.

No, I don’t. I think we have opposing, but valid opinions. You think the server should run on a true democracy - a system proven to fail by ostracizing valid minorities.
I think the server should run on a democracy with a power to veto given to those who actually own and run the server.

I think changes should be catered towards the current playerbase

Instead of essentially telling current players to fuck off because others will replace them

at what point does a word become a slur? when I call you a parfait in a derogatory way for a year will that be enough? you all fucking ignore one important thing about words and that is intent you utter moronic buffoon. ooh is moron getting banned too? don’t want to shame and actual morons who may be looking.
are you saying that when a black person call another black person " a slur" in a non-derogatory way that is racist? whatever

You know we had something of a republic going on, but they were never asked about this. I wonder if THAT’S the problem instead of the filter as a whole.

I definitely understand outcry sourced from how it happened, and I would agree with the outcry regarding most types of changes, even changes I agree with.

Basic decency is just not something that should ever be up for debate to me.

1. Be Excellent to Each Other.

Just implement a toggle button called “Filter words”, when enabled, bad words such as “Fuck” and more, get turned into a list of the following characters : % ! ^ # &. There, everybody happy. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Excellent a real profanity filter not limiting the freedom of speech and allowing those who are uncomfortable with bad words to not see them… this feller understands that existence is just one big compromise.

Life is not perfect… so we just have to deal with it.

This is only meaningful when the system is not optional. Moving to another ss13 because you don’t like the culture is trivial, and there are good options with these standards already. Besides, saying mean shit to people isn’t the same thing as systematic oppression.

2 Likes

I have no clue what you mean with your first statement - The system isn’t optional, is it?

The rest of your post is definitely true - I don’t have to be a part of LRP if I don’t like the culture. That’s why I choose not to be a part of it at all and stick mostly to MRP (which further validates OPs point). On the other side of this point, I strongly disagree with LRP’s culture and I don’t think it aligns with what Beestation strives (or at least used to strive) to be: A place for beginners to learn. Not a place for beginners to get robusted, mocked and called faggots who need to git gud.
I would like to be a part of LRP if it were more about learning and being newbie friendly and MRP was actually for more serious role-play and not just the only option for role-play AND learning.

Saying mean shit is also definitely not the same as systematic, racial slavery - it was brought up as an extreme example to show why democracy is not always best, and some rulings should bypass it.

All of that aside, I’ve gotten a lot more information on exactly what happened and how it was handled, rather than just walking in on the aftermath and making a lot of assumptions toward people simply being butthurt that they can’t throw slurs around anymore. I understand it really is far more of being angry toward how it was handled than what was handled. I apologize for jumping the gun in that regard.

The system is optional because ss13 is a videogame with multiple servers with different cultures. Real world governments are far less optional because switching to being a citizen of anothet country is much more difficult.