ID console

I was thinking how in real life, aftr reading a thread about if an ID is stolen it compromises a department (e.g. sec), what if the HoP or Cap could use the ID terminal to restrict access to certain ID cards?

I kind of get why it would be a pain if someones whole plan was around stealing an ID, but you know how much of a shambles getting the HoP or cap to the HoP line mid-late round can be so I don’t think it could be hugely negative.

Say someone stole sec ID, managed to break into sec a few times using it without being seen but eventually HoP is able to restrict/limit access of said ID card. Then when its used on a door, it denies access and also alerts the ID console of its last attempted use location?

I’m kind of comparing it to real life ID cards that can be managed remotely through their systems as its a registered RFID that you can block access if lost.

3 Likes

Honestly not a bad idea. Though I am uncertain if it’s a good mechanic in all cases. My main concern is that stealing the spare id isn’t that useful anymore, since it’s so easily noticed and made useless fast in such a case.
I also think the syndie ID card would become more of a meta item, like the emag is.

Possibly restrict head of service cards from tampering due to their high-security clearance that people are unable to deal with it?
Many ways to refine it before it was fully implemented to balance it.

1 Like

I feel you should be able to do the same for bank accounts. Just raise or deny pay to whoever you want from a console. Cause a labourer strike!!!

2 Likes

Give your a reason to buy the agent card. It’s just 2 TC and can’t be denied like that. I think this totally should be a thing

I already buy it pretty much every round, it’s such a great item and you basically never lose it if you get arrested. Honestly I’d say it’s on par with the emag.

1 Like

This is a good idea, though that gave me the thought of tots using it to just remove access from all of sec and command in one swoop.
Probably a good idea to set a timer on how often it can be used and a limit on how long a ID can be locked down

1 Like

I’m so desperate for more strikes and riots against command. Having command more resources to oppress the crew and the crew having more reason to protest against an unjust command

1 Like

Maybe also with an EMAG you could temporarily disable the console so any ID’s stolen cant be altered, or you could specifically choose and ID to be temporarily restricted (cause its an emag say you COULD restrict captain or HoS)

same hahahahah!!

This could maybe work with double identification like you have to do for early shuttle launch

I would too but I think the big issue is people afriad to get bwoinked or be the first to take a stand / escalate violence due to not being antag so it always just ends up a shouting match more than anything geting done :c

1 Like

All access is still all access. Especially massive if you play a role with weak access.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.