I want something in between sage and golden

Removed our little shitshow, because you’re right. Sorry for my part in that.

Pretty easy answer, just play sec on golden. You have a lot of freedom to smack the tiders about with this new ruleset. Playing AI and using that as an excuse on why you can’t stop them is pretty damn funny to me. When I play cappy this

does not happen.

@Ruko, @DurrHurrDurr is referring to individuals such as Gukle, who do actually roleplay and want to roleplay, yet their RP is rather more chaotic or silly than most individuals. He’s not talking about people who spew memes over comms. The argument is that said more chaotic roleplayers don’t have anywhere to go, as Sage is a more uptight form of RP than them, and Golden allows people to spew memes over comms and not roleplay at all, thus they cannot go to Golden, as their RP gimmicks are responded to by “HAHAHA MRPer!!!”.

1 Like

And we have started banning people for this under harassment. There’s already at least two.

Still doesn’t really address the overall point though, which Caecillius did a pretty good job at summing up; Golden is not an environment for people who want any level of roleplay, and is, for all intents and purposes, NRP. A lot of the more chaotic characters’ behaviours are still very firmly rooted in roleplay (and largely require an MRP environment to really work), but I think the admin team is pretty absent of that kind of perspective and player and as a result often fail to understand the actual behaviours and mentalities of those players.

I always saw Sage as a LRP without the memes/powergame/tide.

But recently it’s been more about tightly enforcing rules and admins intervening in IC matters.

I both still RP on Golden and even see others engaging in RP regularly - just because it isn’t required doesn’t mean you can’t still do it to some extent. Act like people who are treating it like a game are out of their mind. Furthermore, you can get away with super wacky RP you can’t on Sage, as long as it isn’t getting into self-antag territory.

Recently did a round where Chaplain started a cow cult, about 20 players online at the time. Every player except the round’s antagonist took part in the cow cult, and I even ended up making the Chef a custom antagonist because he had captured some of the cows to make burgers out of them before the cult had really taken off. Crew noticed burgers and hilarity took place, with Chef enabled to lethally defend himself as an admin-sanctioned antagonist.

Players regularly engage in RP on golden like this even though they don’t have to, especially if you do it in a way that others can join.

1 Like

I hated this when it was at it’s height, but thankfully it doesn’t seem to happen much these days. Sure, it used to be like that but it doesn’t seem to be that prevalent anymore, I haven’t heard anyone get called an MRPer in a while now, thankfully.

Thats rather lucky of you, to be honest

So you can just open fire on people that walk into brig and they get banned if they fight back???

If you are a member of Security, yes.
If you are the Captain, this applies to players entering your office without permission.
If you are a member of command staff at all, this applies to any non-command staff entering the bridge without permission.

Command and Security may defend their respective areas + highly secure areas on the station with immediately lethal force on Golden.

However

If you are not currently in an antagonist role, do not act like you are an antagonist. As a crew member on the space station, you are allied with Nanotrasen and the station as a whole from the start of the round - This means if you commit crimes that may result in you receiving capital punishment as non-antagonist, you are breaking this rule.

Do not act violently when being arrested or removed from an area you are not supposed to be in; using force to defend yourself in cases like that is not considered self-defense.

You get a chance to shove him and run away? Go for it. You want to break into the brig with the intention of killing the officers that try to kill or remove you? No get the fuck out of here with your valid-baiting.

If you’re not an antagonist, you break and enter at your own risk - not at the risk of the other players you involve in your shittery.

I just want things to go back to what they were like a year ago on sage… A kinda lax RP standard but without muh valid, murderbone and people screaming over ooc

1 Like

Same. I don’t like being bwoinked for mutating plants as a botanist.

Dont mind me im just gonna find a seat
Popcorn torll

this community is falling apart!

It always has been, eee

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.