I want something in between sage and golden

middle grounds are hard to find these days

1 Like

the middleground is golden

1 Like

Something between “do you have a license for that plant you powergamer” of Sage and “brig and bridge tide speedrun any %” of Golden would be great.
Bu that is a distant dream feels bad.

Be the change you want to see in Golden. We’ve enabled much harsher treatment of greytiders rushing AA and breaking into secure places, and escalation policy states that trespassing places you as the aggressor in escalation policy, so you cannot escalate while trespassing in an area you don’t belong. Stolen or improperly awarded access does not mean you aren’t trespassing either.

Play command staff on Golden and kill the tiders. While they aren’t self-antag for trespassing, they are valid… and it is self-antag to kill or turn on command staff just for defending secure spaces no matter how many players claim it is “Unbased and cringe”.

Command staff are not just allowed, but encouraged to step up and stem the tide. Greytiding won’t get you banned on Golden, but it is still supposed to have IC consequences.

1 Like

I basically only play Ai. Even if those escalation rules exist, I can only watch the tiding speedruns every round.
I do not have the means to stop that nor would my rules allow that besides bolting important things down( which takes tiders like 15 extra seconds) .

As long as it is an IC issue only nothing will ever change, given that golden is almost always low pop and people think twice about resisting the tide when there is max 1 security officer to help them.
Obviously I am not really personally affected by that as people almost never tide AI sat, but it is still annoying to see. If I could implement changes I would make armory and caps quarter more secure but then again that would screw over the RP in case of caps quarters.
The main problem is honestly Golden being too low pop to have a functioning eco system when it comes to departments and their ressources.

Friendly reminder that entire stations can be maintained by one person.

Do what that information as you will, and make sure to remember what that means.

1 Like

Maintaining is not the same as actually being flourishing. Of course the station can be maintained by one person, because to “maintain” it all you need is to set up the SM and maybe solars for good measure. But then you have no diverse sortiment of plants, food, advanced research tools, currency income via Cargo and so on and on and on.
But that all is besides the point.

Let me rephrase myself then xd
One person can do everything on a station by himself, literally everything.

Call red then. Checkmate. Jokes aside, probably? But that’s not even the issue with low pop as I mentioned.
The issue is usually on golden that people tide into departments (especially bridge, sec and engineering) and steal all the shit they can find. Then if later on the respective department staff joins their Tools are gone and/or in case of security they have to deal with self antags and actual antags with a disabler because armory is empty and so is bridge with all its accesses and all its goodies.
That would not happen on high pop with security personnel being there from the beginning plus the heads in their respective treasure trove offices.

Semi sarcastic proposal: with less than 20 players joining into the station Armsky evolves into general griefsky to protect the armory. Call it “survival protocol” or whatever you will haha

I mean the biggest issue is that people want a degree of roleplay that actually has people responding to shenanigans in-character instead of just shouting “BIG CHUNGUS CUM GAMING” and walking away like what happens on Golden, while I think much of the admin team doesn’t really know how to handle shitposty players that maintain a certain level of RP (or, even worse, think that being shitposty somehow makes them lower-RP).

I know this because I tried it; I put a server on a VM so I can pause and continue it whenever I want (Thank you VMware for being free and epic), it works, yes, tho byond is a buggy mess so it can break at random, deleting your save, besides the game having the possibility to crash, but the chance of this was negligible.

I created a small custom map called “Build-a Station”, which started with one mining bag, one explorer suit, one oxygen tank, one explorer’s mask, one mini lava land base which is just SMES and an air lock, two SMES on the station for power, one pickaxe, the cargo shuttle, the mining shuttle, a cute atmos setup, a golem vendor, one vendor board (Tho in future iterations, I’m changing this with an RPED) (This is for cooling the research servers) and an autolathe, one cargo budget card and one captain’s spare. No, no space suit - ya gotta buy it.

I had even disabled the free money from the economy subsystem.

I could do quite literally anything I wanted, including taking my time building an epic full station.
I had done genetics, botany, nanites, xenobiology (to its fullest extent), etc etc.

Now if I can do anything with basically just a golem vendor; I can surely do anything when I have literally everything set up for me.

Make sure that you are not mistaking the bee ss13 for something else; when I wanted to build an entire station from scratch, I didn’t force it on other people by constantly recalling 24/7 etc etc; I just spent some time figuring out how to annoy no one xD

Define RP, tbh.

Become slime person, split in two, have access on both :flushed:
I do not see tiding as wrong as long as you do not fuck with other people’s things, especially when they have no idea how to serve you or are being stupid as fuck (10 hours of surgery and half your organs fucked because “CLONING BAD!11!!”)
People stealing tools that would be used by late joiners is annoying, ye, but there’s MRP for that xd
You can’t have the best of both worlds when they conflict, sorry lad.

Shitposting in-game is and will always be considered poor RP here. It is not welcome and that is not changing. We handle it by telling players to stop and banning them if they refuse to. You are not maintaining a level of RP when you break RP to shout some randomly OOC shitposty thing.

BIG CHUNGUS CUM GAMING

Would result in a bwoink at minimum, and very likely a ban from Sage if it was noticed.

This is the kind of fundamental misunderstanding I was talking about, to be honest.

No shit, I was talking about why so many people don’t want to play on Golden lmao

I’m aware; I’m telling you that there is no misunderstanding - You are flat out wrong. You do not dictate what is acceptable RP for Beestation, as I have told you once before.

And like I said, you continue to misunderstand what I’m even saying, which I said admins do all the time, and evidenced by the fact that you also immediately started talking about Sage behaviour when I was talking about Golden. But it’s fine, you’re clearly not interested in listening.

Again, I’m aware that you were talking about Golden behavior in that specific example, but that’s exactly the sort of shitposting we bwoink for on Sage and yet get shit for doing so.

This is why I say admins don’t really understand them (or, even worse, think that it’s somehow lower RP), because you don’t even know what kind of player I’m talking about lmao. I’m specifically talking about players that don’t like that kind of interaction but are still silly in terms of how they roleplay.

I’ve talked with a few admins about it in DMs but you’ve made your disinterest in talking to me clear so I don’t know why you’re bothering now.

5 Likes

1 Like

ahemm… can we go back to the original discussion? You guys could send private messages for that if you want to continue. No need to turn this into a public shitshow.