I hate the cat surgeon!

The thing is even if it happens roundstart or midround… 90% of the time a doctor will be available to cure your trauma and replace your ears/remove tail(unless you like them i guess)

Bottom line, sure… You loss 10? 15? Minutes maybe less depending on the medbay staff present but… i think that’s the point, something unexpected happened to you and now you need to adapt to it, it never goes all 100% to plan unless you’re lucky, setbacks will appear one way or another, the Cat Surgeon is just one of many many instances, and in the end it does force you to interact with Medbay to get you fixed(or laughed at) and maybe you’ll find a new friend just chatting around.

1 Like

Brainwashing and subverting Silicons is pretty much the go to for pacifists.

After going loud, Medbay most likely just call Security of which often tend to hang around Medbay. So the batton is the only one you get to chat with. They might not even cure your pacifism as you might’ve already hurt people. Meaning you’ll lose all your shite AND be a pacifist AND serve Brig time AND maybe get additional punishments.

If you have the money a mulligan toxin could help you get surgery without raising any suspicion. You can also go to Xenobio and tech storage to get the things for making your own.

1 Like

There’s been multiple precedents that going out of your way to ignore or bypass pacifism is the same as going out of your way to ignore or bypass brainwashing, because that’s more or less what forced pacifism is: Your character has gained an innate and overwhelming desire not to harm others. That’s what pacifism mechanically represents.

With all due respect, if I gain pacifism through a random maint spawn that bumrushes me, why am I the one who has to treat it as an rp tool? I also think that in-universe people view what the cat surgeon does with complete derison, including its pacifism.

3 Likes

I’m totally cool with anthropomorphism or as internet culture calls it “furrys”. I’m old I grew up on the Playboy Bunnies I don’t see it weird or strange just different and I like difference it creates creative-dissidence.

How people want to represent their own persona is their own business but when I’m forced to participate and represent myself as something non-genuine to myself then I’ve got a issue.

2 Likes

If you went loud, you mean you’re probably well equipped, if a mob that you can kill with a few welder hits/saw manages to pacifies you, or you don’t even manage to just turn around and close the door (their ai reaction is super slow) that’s partially a skill issue lol

And if you get pacified and you know you’re being wanted you have gask masks with voice changers and you can bribe doctors or someone to do a surgery.

Also again… you really have to be unlucky to get cat surgeon’d because
1- You first need to lose against them.
2- 90% of the cases happen roundstart, which mean no tot is going loud, medbay’s not doing anything, you can just get fixed in five minutes.
3- All maintenance gets explored quickly which means all the spawn points get triggered quickly so you either see him dead or standing there menacingly which you can just… close the door

Is it a pain in the ass? I mean, sure, but doesn’t really ruin anyone’s round other than cause an inconvience, which in this game, happens a lot, not everything’s gonna be perfect.

1 Like

Or someone caught you in the act with a camera, recorder and with your pants down.

Initially, yes. But once it locks onto you it sticks to you like butter. You can’t close doors then unless lag kicks in.

Money has next to no value in this game unfortunately. I know Markus would just call Security and tell 'em to “fuck off”.

consider that they can easily put you to sleep, that’s the issue

1 Like

Cat surgeon is LRP funny :slight_smile:
Haha your character had their bodily and mental sanctity violated haha :clown_face:

1 Like

I know Markus would just call Security and tell 'em to “fuck off”.

That sounds like an RP issue on your end ngl.

1 Like

in what world is butter sticky

1 Like

All oils are sticky and slippery at the same time.

Dip your finger into some room temp butter and then try to get it all off without a degreaser of some sort.

1 Like

250px-RED_Degreaser

6 Likes

Would be funky if there was an axtinguisher weapon.

1 Like

On toast. Try to remove butter from toast. lol

It is an expression I’ve heard and like even if it doesn’t make much sense.

1 Like

I mean… it won’t make it any harder for you to cause mayham all by yourself. You can antagonize in ways that doesn’t include direct violence.

Including, but not limited to:

Sabotage: the power grid, all emergency lockers, destroying departmental lathes and machines, re-routing disposals, building annoying pipe hazards.
Theft: personal items like PDA’s and IDs are 100% a super antagonistic dick move, Consider an storage implant for things like this, departmental storages can also be cleaned out to great effect on the station and it’s function.
Misc funni: Getting the big money case and using it’s funding to put a bounty on an item or person, if it isn’t a high risk item, or states that the person should not be harmed, then really you’re unlikely to be pursued by SEC. of course you could use this money to buy the loyalty of a Greytider or finance scheme involving things you want from cargo.
TC trades are also always an option.

1 Like

the idea of an antag at a level they can go loud getting robusted by a cat surgeon, a mob that can be killed by just bumrushing it with a toolbox, is hilarious

3 Likes

Skill issue, just run away and call security

didn’t pretend this wasn’t a skill issue. Now read the rest of the post