I don't actually memorize the rules

wait you mean humans can make mistakes and not remember a rule?
a couple of admins highly disagree with you

Common sense tells you to not play this shit game but you dont listen

3 Likes

Can’t use syndicate bomb except maybe on TComms, you can’t defend yourself even if you’re attacked or that’s validhunting, can’t carry a small knife or something similar, because “powergaming”, literally can’t even teach people the game because that’s “OCK IC” and violated roleplay, even though it’s supposed to be a medium blend of roleplay and gameplay.

Literally there are so many people who will tell you that you literally must let an antag kill you otherwise you will eat a ban.

People who say “I fucked your mom” get banned for sexual content.

A coding oversight that has been in the game so long literally every map uses it extensively will open you up to admin destruction if you do it yourself.

Do I need to go on?

I can’t believe I’m saying this but maggot has a point.
But yes, please do go on, this is rather entertaining

In addition, to clarify some of their points
Michiru was banned for a bit for syndiebombing the SM
Alexanderself tried to shove a dude with a syndie suit, syndie pulled a desword, alex killed them in self defense and got banned for it
Not sure if the powergaming or OOC IC ones have a specific incident, but still points nonetheless.
I can’t be bothered to go find the thread but on the aeformentioned Alexanderself ban michiru told him he should have just eaten the L and died to the desword.
The “I fucked your mom” one is completely unsupported and probably the only part of this I disagree with
And as for the coding oversight this is in reference to an incident where bloons smashed open someone’s fusion chamber with a toolbox because the glass wasn’t purple enough and muh realism or something.

1 Like

know what? let’s keep going

there are magical chemicals that can turn you into a dog, people running around with literal swords and holy chainsaws growing out of their arms, blatant pop culture references like The Hulk or the Aliens from Alien simply because they’re cool and fun, and, hell, eating a mint literally causes you to explode if you’re fat.

But naming yourself Clark Kent is bannable. That crosses the line somehow. Or pretending you’re insane. Even though you can make literal brain burgers. “You are a professional. Act like it.”

careful, that’s probably considered drama posting.

couldn’t find the report or appeal I was referring to but here’s someone getting banned for literally just clapping and spinning and flipping over an ssd body in dorms

1 Like

let’s go a bit deeper, shall we?

No sexual content is allowed, but somehow everyone knows exactly what your naked ass looks like? Hell literally everyone knows your ass so damn well they can recognize it from over 15 feet away on a teeny tiny polaroid? (You can print your ass off on the printers in the library.)

The situation is even worse because up until recently you could set your character to under 18 which leads to bizzarre and disturbing implications.

(I actually got banned trying to prove a point about this.)

2 Likes

Professional people in an unprofessional environment.

Like, I played on Aurora for a bit because I got bored and it had pop, and it was pretty nice there, but that’s probably because the most magical or w a c k y anything ever got there was some wierd blood cult runes or some of the bluespace shit I managed to dredge out of their xenobio system. HRP or maybe MRP on Aurora worked because there wasn’t any magic dogmaking chemicals, no arcane wizards ready to jaunt in and fireball me, and the playerbase had adapted to (or been replaced by) people who wanted a relaxing shift.

bee code is not relaxing. bee code is w a c k y. bee code was made for, and attracted people who wanted, w a c k y space wizard duels, clown cars totalling people into a black hole, a war between the forces of security and a rampaging blood cult in dorms leaving the dorms wrecked and nobody truly the winner.

When bee was first forming its playerbase, the people that came here wanted what beecode offered. But that doesn’t seem to be what the staff want. If I had to guess this disconnect between LRP-MRP playerbase and HRP ruleset and enforcement is where all this came from.

Now, the playerbase could be said to be at fault here, for not adapting to the staff or playing by the MRP rules of the MRP server, but I would argue the MRP server isn’t MRP in ruleset, it’s closer to HRP. On Aurora, antagonists don’t seem to have traditional objectives, but merely a pass to spice up the round. On this server, that wouldn’t work, because you know people would just murderbone. But here, it’s way overcompensating. Antagonists can’t even hit anything but tcomms with a syndie bomb because.

Is the reasoning because it might round remove innocent people? I don’t understand that reasoning because, let’s be honest here, we sign up for that. Sometimes you just lose. But if I say that without context I begin to sound like Michiru. Sometimes you just lose, but that shouldn’t stop you fighting in the first place.

Alright this is getting long, quick summaray of points

This code is from an LRP server and the setting makes it near impossible to believe a realistic standard of professionalism

The people here wanted that LRP, it’s what the server was initially marketed as and what the people who populate the server to this day find fun

There are remarkably few other LRP servers with population that aren’t TG, and this server was also marketed as simply not being TG, hence the playerbase who bought into that marketing aren’t likely to want to play on the server they came here just to avoid

Staff appears to be overcompensating for MRP rules, leading to a more restrictive environment, specifically for antagonists but also for individuals, than some HRP servers (shut up fulp doesn’t count)

the game was designed so that sometimes, no matter how prepared you are, you just lose. But some staff seem to think that means you shouldn’t fight at all (this point could just be a miscommunication and if ruko or someone gives a good response just forget i said this)

TLDR admins think anarchy bad, playerbase agree, admins think freedom bad, playerbase disagree, playerbase can’t talk about it because Crossed doesn’t care what we think.

maggot guy once again proves he’s the ultimate chad

1 Like

Crossedfall won’t post his actual thoughts or opinions. Or anything at all. I barely know he exists, I doubt most people know what he’s like at all or what his actual opinions on anything are.

1 Like

Excited for this open discussion to get locked because it’s “promoting drama” or exactly one (1) person gets pissy

2 Likes

part of the reason I like beestation is because admins tend to give people second chances and be less strict than other servers.

Oh while i’m typing text walls
two people’s senses of what is “Realistic” or “Common sense” might be very different.
I might think it’s common sense to drive on the right side of the road
Certain other people, who were raised in a country that is not where i was raised, might think very differently
The idea of “Common sense” is that it’s common, it’s something everyone can agree on. That does not work on a large scale. Or even this small of a scale but this wide a scope. Me and (picking an admin out of thin air here) Archanial, probably had very different upbringings, and therefore very different worldviews, and varying interpretations of rule two. So if i get bwoinked by Archanial for a rule two or even four violation, and we have different interpretations of what is “Common” or even “Realistic” or “Professional” I can just get banned with very little opportunity to change his mind, or appeal to his “Common sense”

TLDR Rule 2 is stupid Rule 4 is needed stupidity Rule 3 isn’t always possible, please just put a definition on these words or don’t because then everyone is going to disagree

Beestation is funny.

I wouldn’t erp anyone without using the me verb, if it was my intent to erp I would use it to roleplay a environment to get into the mood, doing spin flip clap and having clap seen as clapping ass would be stupid because I could accomplish the exact same thing but better using the me verb.

Incorrect. Crossfall shares many opinions freely.

2 Likes

@Ksanavaari god come look at this

1 Like

What is this cursed shit you summoned me to.

God I hate moths even more now holy shit.

2 Likes

@Ksanavaari It’s okay, Richard. For what it’s worth, you’re still my little MothChamp.

Come here.

1 Like

CEASE MOTH SCUM

4 Likes