Hydroponics Gene Complexity Feedback Thread

I can feel the botany hate coming from this thread.

You’re looking to nerf how easy deathnettle(prickles) and acid are to obtain.

Try not to make the job unfun while you’re at it. Thanks.

Usually I make more constructive posts than this, but I feel that a thread like this doesn’t deserve it. No offense.

5 Likes

I take it this is the gimping botany thread.

You know plants actually need sunlight to grow right? Botany should been put on a random setting (normal, realism, famine) so people can appreciate how cartoonish it can be.

Nerfing yield is so harsh when the seeds are already bad stated straight from the vendor. Yield can be 0 forever if your me and botany is just as hard here as in reallife. And maybe it won’t matter because you can increase yield a little or a lot with a drop of mutagen.

3 Likes

yeah from what I know, robust harvest and hell even the splicer/dna manipulator machine can be used to extract a good yield from a sample crop, then impose that heightened yield stat on anything and everything you grow. I grow a mushroom more often than not just to take fungal vitality and put it on shit loads of things.

Extracting good stats does require a upgraded dna manip, wich it never is or at least not until 1 hour in usually.

2 Likes

All I’m gonna say is that sometimes the stats hands down suck and even T1 parts can mildly improve the stats without any gambling.

the saltpeter and diethylamine in question:

You only get diethylamine in limited amounts by hacking the vendors or by having better parts in the minor chem dispencer. The real strat is gambling with 2u unstable mutagen splashes until you get 10 yield, then splashing saltpeter in 50u/100u doses until you get 100 potency and 1 production speed.

1 Like

You guys are failing to consider the average botany player which will not know of all of this.

Because I was taught by floria and marina I can get my stuff up fast, with almost max yield and max potency, however, seldom do I see botanists capable of doing that. To them its still a bit of an unknown even if the information is readily aviable.

3 Likes

You can max out yield and potency early, and I don’t mean stealing a dispenser. However the method is very annoying.

Yeah this pretty accurately helps me pins down my understanding of botany as “has toyed with all the things in botany at least once”

1 Like

Throwing either of the anti weed traits before hand makes this basically risk free aswell… Dont need to worry about RNGing out weed chance or babysitting them

Any mushroom for fungal vitality.
Nettles from hacked vendor for Weed adaptation.

Will any nettles do? because I’ll run into nettles all natural pretty often.

Either normal Nettle or Death nettle.

Are you talking about random tray overtakes? because yes those are fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.