Howluinb Mentor Application

i-i don’t know tha-!

+1 :joker:

you seem to have low hours but good knowledge, if you play more when you get mentor you’ll seem pretty good
for now ±0

Thanks for the encouragement !

+0.5
you seem cool, have good knowledge of the game a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶t̶h̶s̶
learn botany and viro and get some more server hours and you’ll be very epic

The racism part is solely oliver being dumb ahah. i was a moth main for 700 hours before switching to no race main.

my opinion has been changed

+1 from me

It was requested i post this from the OP, also 1+

do the kitty girl rock meow meow meow !
T:+4

putting my +0.5 up to a +1 because i no longer wish to be a centrist

Now for a server specific and quite technical combat question :
What is Zeskoblocking ?
How can you use it as either sec or a tider ?
How do you break a block ?

Not going to cast vote yet, but same consensus as bluezorua, your bee hours are quite on the lower side (good knowledge tough).

1 : Zeskoblocking is a result of this pr https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/pull/1642 , aimed at lowering the RNG of combat. It makes every weapon have a weight and blocking tier - making battles depend on what kinds of weapon you use more than just “lol me hit mouth with toolbox u go down with luck me win”

2 : As a sec, you either use shields to block most projectiles and melee attacks (walking is very important when doing so) however you have to keep in mind the shield’s durability - or you use the billy club to smash through someone’s defence/
While fighting with good weapons, if you aren’t chasing someone, it’s MUCH better to always be walking so as to allow for better blocking and parrying with whatever weapon you’re using. Otherwise, you’ll get fucked hard by a walking ling with armblade. Also, you take stam damage from blocking with an item instead of a shield which can end up with the arm holding the item being temporarily disabled - which sucks.

As a tider, you steal the null rod from chap, get yourself a good weapon and fuck up seccies by walking and smashing their ass until one of them pulls out a disabler, or you grab yourself an adamantine shield from xenobio and smash everyone’s ass.

Most important thing to keep in mind are the tiles pattern depending on block level as if you get hit in the back, no matter your desword, you’ll get fucked hard.

3: Smash hard with a better weapon, hit from a distance with disablers/lethals if not a shield, and if a shield wear them out until they break into pieces- which makes ranged a necessity if they’ve got a good weapon along with their shield. Throwing objects are also pretty good (tiles, bolas and toolboxes for example are great throwing objects).

this is a -1 from me, play some more and then reapply

0 from me. I have no clue who you are, your hours and time in jobs could use some work.

Decent answer.
Walking usually upgrade the block level by one (dictated by the variable block_upgrade_walk if my memory serves right) onto whatever is the innate block level (dictated by block_level ). Shields usually have one innate, one upgrade, so running is sufficient in maint, but not in a hallway.
About block breaking, it is to note that riot shield do not block energy weapons, but some objects like the toy katana can deflect them (all of which are determined by certain code flags).

All in all, good research, you’ll find a way to fit in not to badly if you keep it up. + 0.5

General question for stuff like hours: do /tg/ hours count as well? Dw, I will never apply for anything but i am curious as to how the differences between the servers are being rated.

Not very much as far as I’m aware - one of the main points of hours is to show your interest in the server, and having a low amount while applying makes it easy to believe you could just either give up on the server or act terribly - as it is hard to know who you are.

The only thing it really is good for is experience, which matters, but isnt the determining factor since mentors are staff and they need to be certain they wont be shitters.

T:+4

That’s like T: +3

-1, get more hours here.

Whatever, the score is positive, your answers are good, you are active on discord, I’m gonna accept that. I count on you that you’ll get some more hours on Bee quickly ;I

Accepted

You are now a member of Beestation Staff. Keep in mind that you are held to a higher standard than an average player. Good luck