How to make stimulum in 10 minutes or less (+nitryl)

Guide assumes you know how to make BZ (cool 1:1 mix of sleep gas and plasma in as many pipe networks as possible, or steal it from xenobio).

How to make Stimulum:

Disable turbine machine to prevent it venting gases into space. Set turbine scrubber to only scrub stimulum, connect canister of choice to output.

Input 10% plasma 90% oxygen mix into the turbine burn chamber and light it on fire.

Dump 1 nitrogen and 1 carbon dioxide canister into the turbine burn chamber.
Dump 20 mols of BZ for every burn chamber tile, so at least 60+ mols for regular 3 tile turbine burn chamber.

Stimulum will now be created, which causes fusion projectiles to fire from the chamber, cover the glass airlock with a canister or a locker so you don’t get hit.

How to use stimulum:

Cool stimulum to 20C, fill internals tanks with 5% stimulum 95% oxygen, 18kpa setting.

What is stimulum?

Breathing it injects you with stimulum reagent, making you immune to stuns (and other forms of crowd control) while it’s in your system. It’s perfectly safe until Stimulum has a drawback again, and also flavor text by Rukofamicom · Pull Request #6745 · BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet · GitHub gets merged.

What actually happens in the chamber:

10% plasma 90% oxygen causes tritium to form and rapidly burn up, creating radiation. CO2 present from canister reacts with oxygen when radiation is created from tritium burning up, creating pluoxium. Pluoxium becomes catalyst for nitrogen (from canister) and oxygen to become nitryl. Nitryl reacts with tritium, plasma and BZ, creating stimulum and fusion projectiles.

Yes you can also scrub nitryl from the chamber after you’re done with stimulum.

Nitryl is horribly bugged, as a cursory glance at the lung code reveals no less than 3 different approaches to handling the same trigger threshold.

Hey good timing. This will help my ongoing PR get merged.

I hope it will lead to someone fixing nitryl now that the gases have some attention.

Here’s the bug. Compare to stimulum check and please fix it.

At the moment atmos code is still greek to me - my stimulum change only involved reagent code, which I am far more familiar with.

I can certainly give it a try though.

It’s simple just replace the highlighted line with gas_breathed = PP(breath,GAS_NITRYL)
It’s actually lung code.

1 Like

Wouldn’t you also be able to scrub pluox from the chamber once you get the stim, so you can breathe longer out of one tank of the stuff?

Yes, there’s a lot of pluox leftover. Small extended capacity tank with pure oxygen can already last an hour or more, it’s not really worth the effort in my opinion. Pluox isn’t very practical even if you intend to have internals on for a whole 2 hours shift, just grab a second tank.