How can I git gud at AI?

Just had a round where I was told to kill myself when the escape shuttle arrived. I did this by requesting a mediborg hit my core with a saw. I believe theres a faster command than this for kermitting suduko?

type command, wipe-core
More or less is cryo for AI, usually you have to open ahelp first, so just type its your law, and wipe your core, but i forgot if the traitor will get a new target if you do it this way…

Edit: i forgot, try to type suicide first, never tried it but should be risk free for the antag greentexxt

You can Psudo-pernamently seal doors by bolting them then depowering apc environment.
This allows an edge over borgs.

If you dont have camera vision of an area, sometimes opening a door can give limited sightlines into the area from another camera.

Keep crew Health monitoring out. This is the most powerful monitoring tool in your arsenal.

Ai is the most powerful command staff as it can easily call upon the might of the station and assist. A few well times words can make a significant difference. You are also normally the first to see things.

You serve the crew, but the crew sometimes serve you. As ai you are endeared to the whole crew save for shitters.
With enough charisma you might be able to get people to upgrade your cameras to xrays. It will prove invaluable in times of crisis.

Learn to use a bluespace launchpads. This is a tool far more powerful than a borg. You can save or kill anyone on the station with some experience.

Learn how to maximise research. A poor timed request for research might cripple science for the rest of the game. A well empowered crew is valuable to you. (And your borgs)

You can print posibrains if robotics have no initiative. They are obliged to help brains with souls. (Ghosts can enter brains fresh out of the fabricator).

Lings are not crew nor human. This is baked into the rules.

Learn to use station intercomms. They are a powerful spying tool when set to ai private (this will annoy borgs though, you can bypass this by setting a unique frequency)

Enabling camera lights might give you away. Turn it off unless you need to see dark zones.

Start with the basics first.

Camera hotkeys (Ctrl+number) to save a position and then press the number to jump to that position.

It’s a bit overwhelming and feels like playing StarCraft 2 but you will be amazed at how much better you will be able to spot things.

Like spotting a changeling headcrab in genetics or spotting someone “checking” their pda while having contraband “magically” appear in their hands etc.

Also do not underestimate the crew they can help out a lot, especially security and paramedics.
Think of them as monkey borgs.

Talk to security in a “valid at x location” format to win the game
Try to update security or the detective on something that you suspect(never use meta knowledge) and let them confirm what you seen and deal with it.
You can even take pictures of proof and send them directly to their PDA.

Talk to paramedics about wounded or dead people, they don’t always watch the crew monitor.

If you are efficient enough at coordinating the crew then they will blindly obey what ever you tell them.
Who wouldn’t obey an all seeing AI overlord that has your best interest in mind and is very efficient at it.

One more tip about doors, you can power down doors temporary.
If someone is trying to hack a door or a rouge borg is trying to open a door - just press the door, bolt and depower it and then say in vox “I am a strong door”.
No seriously, no one can go through a depowered bolted door unless they break it entirely.

Yes I’m biased and I won’t tell you how to do bad things efficiently

1 Like

OKAY, OKAY, SO YOU WANT TO DO BAD THINGS EFFICIENTLY? HERES SOME TIPS!

ROBUST TIP NUMBER ONE: BEG FOR AN AI SHELL. NO, SERIOUSLY. GET DOWN ON YOUR FUCKING KNEES (Holopad, .h to speak through it) AND CRY TO ROBOTICS FOR ONE. PATIENCE MAY BE REQUIRED.

ROBUST TIP NUMBER TWO: YOU SEE THAT TOXINS STORAGE, THAT JUICY JUICY TOXINS STORAGE? DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN RELABEL CANS?!! TAKE YOUR GOD-DAMN SHELL AND GO TO A PLASMA CAN. RELABEL IT TO AIR, AND DRAG IT TO SEC. SOON AS YOU ARE THERE, RELEASE IT AT MAX PRESSURE AND HIT YOURSELF. ONCE. LIGHTLY.

ROBUST TIP NUMBER THREE: CYBORGS ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND. ESPECIALLY WHEN HACKED. ENGI BORG HAS A STUN ARM, MINER TOO. SERVICE HAS EXPLODING CIGARETTES, DEFAULT HAS AN ESWORD. PEACEKEEPER HAS MORE CHEMS, STRONGER HUG. MEDICAL HAS DEADLY POISONS.

ROBUST TIP NUMBER FOUR: WHEN OR IF YOU GO MALF, REMEMBER TO PERSONALLY DECONSTRUCT THE FUCKING ROBOTICS CONSOLE, OR, IF YOU ARE DOING BORG FACTORY, DECONSTRUCT IT UNTIL YOU SEE THE BOARD. DON’T TAKE THAT BOARD OUT. WRENCH THE CONSOLE TO UNSECURE IT, THEN DRAG IT ALL THE WAY TO AI SAT. MAINTENANCE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

ROBUST TIP NUMBER FIVE: ALRIGHT, SONNY, YOU WISH TO CRIPPLE THE STATION?!! HMMM? HUH?!! HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
GO TO THE ORM, AT VAULT. CLICK X ON EVERYTHING. HOLD EVERY CONNECTION.
GO TO GENETICS. BLOW UP THE CONSOLES. SERIOUSLY. BLOW UP BOTH CONSOLES, IT’LL HELP YOU IN THE LONG RUN.
GO TO TOXINS. SOME MOTHERFUCKERS JUST LOOOOVE TO MAXCAP YOUR BEHIND. IF YOU DON’T WANT YOUR BEHIND TO BE FILLED WITH SOOT AND BLOWN TO HELL AND BACK, RELEASE ALL THE TOXINS PLASMA CANS, AND HIT YOURSELF.
GO TO XENOBIO. KILL ALL THE GREY SLIMES AND SPACE THEIR BODIES. DESTROY THE CONSOLES.
GO TO ARMORY. TAKE THE ION GUN AND RUN. WHEN SECURITY BREAKS INTO YOUR FORTRESS, THEY’LL ION YOUR TURRETS LIKE THE MANBABIES THEY ARE.
GO TO TELECOMMS. BLOW UP THE HUB, OR IF YOU ARE THE TAUNTING TYPE, TURN IT OFF AND ON (only when you taunt the pathetic little insects)
GO TO THE SM. PUMP A SHIT TON OF C02 INTO ITS LOOP. POWER WILL GO DOWN, AND SO WILL THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF THE ENGINEERING TEAM. (note, don’t do this if you don’t have hijack or similarly themed objectives)
AND FINALLY, GO TO CARGO. DESTROY ALL THE CONSOLES. THEY’LL ORDER GUNS AND FUCK YOU OVER.
GOOD LUCK, CORE.

9 Likes

Basically what this Schizo said.

Also, shameless self-promotion

Don’t play AI lol

BONUS TIP!!! There’s an AI static bug where AI’s can see through static sometimes. MAKE SURE ANY CAMERA YOU SEE IS ON AND WORKING ie. moving back and forth. It’s never fun to have an antag round cucked by a bug, even if the AI doesn’t know.

1 Like

You can act like you have a downloaded personality module or like a machine without emotion, act like a bro jock dude or angsty etc.

AI is very flexible and doesn’t need reason to have different personalities each round. Like clowns.

1 Like

You’ll also get warned by the Admins if you’re caught abusing this particular bug.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.