Hot Take Thread

Hot take:
Playing the same characters or the same roles for months on end is stupid. I don’t know how so many people can stand it. I have 5-6 characters all with different personalities, races, and job preferences.

Maybe I am just insane, but it just becomes incredibly boring.

3 Likes

Just make husks un-revivable.

1 Like

I think you forgot about changeling absorptions

I did not. Absorbtions entail you having all your DNA removed. Cells cannot function without DNA. You should not be able to be revived from absorption.

Keep coping.

1 Like

Beestation lifeweb server confirmed?

2 Likes

look what you’ve done: https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/pull/6290

1 Like

Belittling someone else for their choices in a subjective hobby is ignorant and incredibly foolish.

1 Like
  1. There is no example for “someone else” provided. I provided no subject for this take.

2. Dude. This is a HOT TAKE thread. Definition of hot take : a quickly produced, strongly worded, and often deliberately provocative or sensational opinion or reaction

The entire point is to air unpopular opinions, this is one of mine. If you went into this thread feeling easily threatened by others’ views, was that really a smart choice?

Leave your bullshit at the door, this is a meme thread.

Moths, Apids and Felnids are very unoriginal races and are just reskinned humans

At least IPCs, Slimepeople, Ethereals, Plasmamen and Grods are unique. They have to manage their own unique resources/hunger.

Cold take:
This is pretty sad for a station that calls itself BEEstation.

1 Like

Cold takes are meant to be opinions but you’re out here spitting facts.

1 Like

Boiling take: admins should host a referendum. By the people for the people.

A… referendum???
uhhhh you usually need a question to be decided first my guy.
Thats like having an election without candidates

That seems like a good idea

My brain is just made different, I enjoy doing the same stuff.

Actual hot take, ketchup on macaroni and cheese is some good shit. And I’m not just talking a little, I’m talking turn that shit orange levels of ketchup.

1 Like

I’m tired of people thinking I’m crazy for this!!!

Also xenos and blob suck major cock like holy shit is fighting them not fun. It’s always 2 minutes before the shuttle arrives that you get that dumb ass level 5 biohazard detected or you get told the shuttle can’t leave because of Xeno Queen when no one even knew there were xenos before it. Blob is straight boring to fight, its space vines but you sometimes get to shoot a blobbernaut. Xenos are actually cancer since they move at mach 5 and can plant resin walls to cuck you the second you are about to actually make headway. When you finally kill the shitty ass Queen and are on the shuttle about to leave, some fuck morphs into a queen and delays the round even more. Plus you got sweaty ass fucks spamming on the larva stealing all the spawns so they can go off, die, and grab another larva spawn. Absolute shit events.

I dont think we’re the ones who need to keep coping, chief

Yeah thats stupid, only one queen should be able to grow from a hive imo, makes the stakes higher and prevents dumb shit like what you said from happening

Anyways while im here i dont know if this is a hot take or not but id like to complain about swarmers. Swarmers are fucking stupid. You can never get rid of them completely because they replicate fast, they fuck up any building projects you mightve been working on, they either get the shuttle called or dont because they ate the comms console (thus prolonging the round), they arent interesting or fun to fight (like how xenos at least have the cool survival horror aspect going for them), they probably already rushed the ore silo which is cancer (not to mention you cant get the mats back either)

They need a rework or need to be removed altogether

Chief, I have no emotional investment in the PR beyond thinking it’s worthwhile.