CKEY:Hoolny

Admin’s CKEY: WilsonPH

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: all of them

Ban Type: server

Ban Length: 1 day

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):2/13/2023

Round ID:42701

Ban Reason:
Rule 14 break metacomms constantly asked to kill a holoparasite user to proof they were a traitor

Appeal Reason: I’m new really new to MRP servers I read the rules as best as I could and it seems I missed a small portion of it in rule 14 it being “Players are not allowed to use information gained in any way other than from their living character’s point of view during an ongoing round, except for information pertaining to their specific job found on the wiki.” I’ll remember this rule by heart in future RP situations.

I’m from sybil where rule 2 lets you know every single possible thing that is in code to use as IC information I’m terribly sorry for not appropriately following the rules It slipped my sight and also there is just a few minor things I want to correct from the original ban post that I just want to correct because I like information being more true especially when it comes to bans, notes and such

Additional Information:
“After briefly seeing that the Miner had a holoparasite”

I didn’t briefly see them they went out of their way to arrest me in medical with their moth lover officer while I was looking at the medical suit sensor records cuffed me and dragged me to maint as they pulled out their “killa queen” and they told it to kill me

“They had a method of quickly teleporting out of the situation once caught, probably a chilling bluespace extract.”

I didn’t have a method of teleporting I was hopelessly cuffed I only teleported out because their holo “explosive holoparasite” teleports people with their punches I teleported into a random outside are with a ship and almost went into crit and somehow managed to survive and removed my cuffs to then go into the medbay to accuse parry

It bugged me a little bit that the ban report was a bit wrong I don’t know how it got lost into translation into being me just briefly looking at them with a holo and me having some power gaming way of teleporting if they were watching the whole thing it would have being clear how the situation went down unless they weren’t which puzzles me anyways.

nonadmin, but hopefully this will make it smoother

1 day bans like this are very minor and don’t really add up to much of anything, and you seem like you get the rules. It’s more of a starting point in case you fuck up bad in the future.

1. person probably didn’t know how you got sent to the ether, and a lot of people here are sore about bad actors. usually though they’re very happy when they see whoever messed up do what you’re doing (trying to do better next time) since people like that are rarer than you’d think

2. You can double check the reason by going to BeeStation - Bans and searching your ckey, the full reason is

“Rule 14 Metagaming and Meta-communications. As a Brig Phys, constantly asked to prove that a traitor had a holopara by asking to kill them to see if they get dusted. This ban was created as a result of the following player report - Hoolny Player Report

1. I don’t know how metacomms fit into this? The first time metacomms is brought up is in the ban reason, and normally bans are a lot longer for metacomming.

real quick tip, to get better RP, bar yourself from getting so invested in the situation, that way you can maintain the seperation between you and your character better

3 Likes

Ill try doing that thanks for the tips mate

They simply stated the entire rule name in the ban reason:
Metagaming - using information outside of the scope of their character’s field of knowledge
Metacomms - communicating/coordinating outside of the game with other players

This incident is metagaming.

Welcome aboard!

You will probably find Beestation to be a lot more “hugbox-y” than TG was in general and you may be in for some more surprises if you’re expecting the two servers to be especially similar outside of their shared coding roots. One of the most dramatic hangups players tend to face when coming to Bee from TG in general is adapting to the fact that it’s generally bad form to seek the permanent removal of others from rounds, unless there is substantial justification. This is true even when playing as or against many types of antagonists.

This is reflected within Bee’s unique version of space law and antagonist conduct both:

Taken from Rule 1: You must roleplay

And more broadly defined in its own rule

Taken from space law, even normal murder is not a capital crime because we have both revival and cloning technology

Prime murder is a separate capital crime, and it exists for criminals who have intentionally prevented resurrection from being possible.

That’s completely understandable, however:

These are not reflected in your ban reason or a part of your record, the note on your record is exactly what the admin wrote in the ban reason, not what the player put when reporting you.

As @TheMaggotGuy said, your exact ban reason is:

“Rule 14 Metagaming and Meta-communications. As a Brig Phys, constantly asked to prove that a traitor had a holopara by asking to kill them to see if they get dusted. This ban was created as a result of the following player report: Hoolny Player Report

If you agree that the quoted ban reason is what occurred there may not be much for an admin to process here by the time they arrive since the ban was such a short duration. Good luck in any case!

2 Likes

thanks for the explanation I would close the appeal but I’m not sure how if you can please do

1 Like

You can do so by clicking the flag at the bottom of your first post:

Report your own post with “other” as the reason, and just say you’d like to withdraw the appeal. Any staff online will get an alert for the report. (I am not staff by the way, I’ve just been here a long time)

1 Like

Closing as per the request of OP
I’d also recommend you to work on your grammar and actually create a character you will roleplay as, rather than playing as yourself.
Quotes such as ‘I am robust, I can beat two of you’ really don’t inspire much confidence.

1 Like