Hollandaise (Evelyn Evans) Administrator application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Hollandaise, no alts.

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): N7hRT#2254, no alts.

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
GMT, I have every day but Monday and Tuesday free

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
None that I can think of, I’m looking to be an administrator not a coder.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
Well thats an interesting question, I guess I want to see if I find it interesting, also it would be neat to contribute to the game in a way (other than learning to code in the apparently shit language the game uses)

How long have you been playing SS13?:
Pretty much a year straight solid except for a little gap in spring.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
This is the only server I play so read the above I guess.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
9 (I know everything except how genetics works, because its a crap job to play, even viro is more engaging to me)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
3ish (If this is referring to technical skill then I know a good few admin tools from playing in a private server, if its referring to the other aspects I have practically no experience, but hey you got to start somewhere)

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Nope

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
Nope again

Your strengths:
I would say I am level headed and hard to anger, I like to think I am good at problem solving too.

Your weaknesses:
I will probably lack some confidence when handing down punishments and the like.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Not through a computer no.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Objectivity, also the ability to think things over carefully.

What makes a staff team good?:
Coordination and, obviously, teamwork.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
Enforcing rules, pretty much making sure people don’t screw the experience of everyone who is playing along with the fictional situation.

What kind of player are you?:
When playing sec or captain I am the type to stubbornly try to preserve order, even if it’s pretty much hopeless or noone wants me to (i.e attempting to stop people from rushing AA as HoS, or not giving it out as cap)

When playing CE I’m the type to either create crazy ass engine setups, or just vibe and try to replace other missing roles, like doctors and cap, while fixing shit.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Not really sure, maybe I’ll gain some confidence in dealing with people from this that would be nice.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
I would do nothing, this is the kind of minor emergent stuff that I don’t think admins need to mess with, I believe that admins can check what goals antags have, so if it is a obj I would put it back in its locker.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Well I would check his playtime and the quality of his job and take that into account when talking to him, so I would put him in the Ajail, then ask him why he was trying to flood the station with plasma, if he actually has playtime and doesn’t look like a burner (or act like one) then I would want to server ban him for a week.

(also how do you ajail? is it just get mob while hovering over the cell or is it an actual command)

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Never done it myself, but I’ve seen it happen endless times, anyway I consider it an IC issue, unless of course there are other circumstances like it being done repeatedly by the same person.

Anyway thats done now.

3 Likes

Wait I think this is in the wrong place, how do I move it?

Well I can’t delete it either so I guess it wants to stay here.

WAIT I DID IT YES

Also there are 2 other admin apps open right now, Triple Threat Trialmins.

1 Like

Stealing HoS’ gun is selfantag regardless who did it, but the rest? I like it.

Also this: Notes per Hour : 0.005.
Full +2 from me.

1 Like

Solid answers all around. Clown’s situation is iffy because while it’s technically self antag, it’s also debatably a prank.

Also there is a dedicated admin prison button.

+2

1 Like

So apparently I will get a note in 200hours if that statistic is true, neat. also thank you for your points.

I posted it only to show how good you are. That little notes for 900 hours is amazing.
And makes me give +2 almost immediately.

We are at a score of (doing that because I need to have at least 20 characters):
+4

Someone give me an admin situation to solve, not only because they’re neat, but the stock ones have been answered many times, and probably aren’t a good way to gauge my admin-ery skills.

900 Hours, with 4 Notes, only 2 of which are for wrong doings?
Those are some good numbers.

Question answers are good aswell.

+2
T: 6

1 Like

Am I allowed to ask what the notes are? Because I only see the headrev situation when I look in game at admin remarks, I also assume one was for breaking into centcom and stealing stuff, which is fair.

Sure thing, you cool with posting them publicly?

Sure I’m fine with em being public, makes things more transparent.

sure thing.

[2020-09-07 11:48:23 | note by rukofamicom]
Exploiting the game to get into CentralCommand for gamer loot. Explained their method in detail so no ban is being applied, but they have been warned against doing it.
[2020-08-31 22:09:24 | note by ravellon]
Asked to redeem his token to be a revenant. No token but also a note of being granted the token and no note of redeeming it. Assumed to have unredeemed token and granted the role of Revenant.
[2020-08-01 01:23:48 | note by bloons3]
given token, rebooting server
[2019-09-13 02:23:16 | note by bastian0930]
Killed a head rev as a rev because his objectives told him to kill leaders. He thought that ment rev heads.

Im kinda proud of the centcom one tbh tho im not allowed to do it again sadly.

Stealing shit from CC do be impressive

Edit: And probably will make you kneecapless.

yeah man it was a proper heist, took like 1.5 hours to prepare everything then I go do the deed and ruko comes on the second I get there, that was a bruh moment.

this was like 5 pop lrp at 5 AM too.

Bro I feel ya. I hate Ruko…

2 Likes

Bro :flushed: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

The thing is ruko didn’t actually notice I was in centcom, that was until I started beaming lockers from ajail into medbay and shouting FREE GAMER LOOT to everyone.

Bruh something tells me this isn’t the wisest thing to be talking about in an admin app.

3 Likes

We were kidding, just wait for a headmin to accept your app.