Ban Length:
72 hours
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023/11/25
Round ID:
Not sure.
Ban Reason:

Summary

Officer tries to arrest Rain Soho, the chap interferes with the arrest a bit after catching a stray disabler shot. Gets charged with assault. All fine for now. In the arrest of the chap, clown and mime interfere. Mime slips the officer and steals his baton, using it to stun the officer once and frees the chap. This is interfering with arrest, but not rioting. The mime can be charged with contraband since they stole a baton, and the clown for conspiracy. Both Misdemeanor crimes. It’s fair for the officer to get lethals since the mime is armed with a baton.

He then brigs them for 15 minutes, for rioting (which wasn’t their crime), a misdemeanor. This isn’t fine. From the LOOC logs, this strikes me as motivated by OOC anger.
Now to the heated rant on LOOC. LOOC isn’t meant for salting and calling other players shitty, and his rant bordered . The arrests were valid, the brig sentencing wasn’t.

Now, to talk overall about the RP behaviour of this player. In a whole round, they had a total of around 50 saylogs. They went 20 minutes without talking at the start of the round. This is an RP server, you are expected to engage a bit more besides talking to get approval to arrest people or defend your arrests, and this ain’t it. Towards the end I could see OOC anger coming through into the IC actions too.

Appeal Reason:
I thought answering questions and letting joelogbybolb know I came here to listen to what they had to say may reduce the ban.
Additional Information:
I saw the note and appreciated the effort joelogbybolb went after to see my side of the events and I don’t disagree with them. I had a really hard time trying to copy and paste the note from BYOND so I had to copy the ruling which is essentially the same.

Hello, joelogbybolb here. Honestly, I don’t have many questions. I know you vowed to get better, and I have seen progress in your sec conduct. However, it’s still subpar from what we expect from sec roles, so I found that the role ban was necessary to give you some time to cool off. Regarding the server ban, your RP was lacking during the round, and since you had previous history of poor RP I had to escalate. I do have one question though, why did you not ahelp the players in question if you found their behaviour to break the rules? Even if no admins are online, we get the ahelps through discord so one might’ve gotten on.

1 Like

Also, as a tidbit, you can see the full bans list here: BeeStation - Bans

why did you not ahelp the players in question if you found their behaviour to break the rules? Even if no admins are online, we get the ahelps through discord so one might’ve gotten on.

I wanted to keep a low profile and be someone the admins didn’t have to hear from very often but failed.

Alright. Honestly, unless I’m missing any context you wanted to provide in this appeal, I see no reason to alter ban duration, it really is what I think it should be. I do appreciate the effort to come to the forums and answer questions, and I don’t think you did these things in bad faith.

I think we covered everything. Thank you.

Alright, as is, I’ll be marking this as denied. Thanks for making an appeal nonetheless!