Ban Length:
Permanent
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023/01/11
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Validhunting as botanist. Couldn’t bwoink due to being DC/ED
Appeal Reason:
Stumbled upon a gunfight in main hall between detective and two others (paramedic and an assistant from what I saw). I gave detective a healing plant as he had just been shot. He then asked me to help him, so I picked up a fire axe from the floor and helped detective kill one of the gunmen. After a while it was getting late, so I decided to quit the game and go to bed, apparently after which I was bwoinked. The appeal reason is ultimately that I had no clue I was validhunting by helping the detective and that the inability to bwoink me was just a matter of how late and how tired I was, not some deliberate attempt to avoid punishment.

3 Likes

Heya. I’m the moderator who applied this.
I joined to investigate tickets, you had one open about validhunting.
During my investigation, it appeared that:
_You were informally deputized by the detective.
_You used the fireaxe on hostile agents (contractor: Milly)
_Used the fireaxe to hit machineries (may have been miss click, hard to say without context).
So, I couldn’t make up my mind with what information I had access to if you were acting in good faith or a player with an axe looking for blood.

1 Like

That sounds about accurate to what happened. Don’t remember hitting the machine at all, definitely not on purpose as I’m not very robust and tend to panic click in a fight. Am I just screwed here with the appeal since there’s not enough details?

3 Likes

You don’t have anything to worry about, it is only permanent to force an explanation, and you’ve already done so.

They may accept your explanation as is, and give a warning not to repeat behavior with some advice, or may even just accept it and apologize for a mistaken ban depending on how they view the circumstances. It’s extremely unlikely your case is going to be a sustained permanent ban, and the worst you should expect is being asked to acknowledge and accept following a rule.

It’s just gonna take a little bit for someone who can process it to show up and do so.

3 Likes

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 Like

Seems reasonable. Ban lifted.

Hey. I want to apologize.
Your appeal convinced me what happened was in good faith, and I was wrong to be cautious.