Ban Type:
Name Ban

Ban Length:
Permanent

Ban Date:
2023/11/06

Round ID:

Ban Reason:
Named “Slave to the Machine” as an AI. Reminded of naming guidelines. Understanding in ticket.

Appeal Reason:
I don’t think “Slave to the Machine” is too complex, nobody has mistaken me for a cyborg or an IPC yet and there have been admins on at the same time and they didn’t do anything. If I need to change it I will, but I think it’s really cool and “Slave to the Machine” fits “simple Non-Acronym names provided they are computer or robot related” IMO; it’s only 4 words, two of which are ‘to the’

Additional Information:
The Ticket:

Your issue is being investigated by an administrator, please stand by.

– Administrator private message –

Admin PM from-H42: Hey there, your name didn’t follow naming guidelines, so I changed it. Be sure to come up with a different name in the future, okay?

Click on the administrator’s name to reply.

PM to-Admins: how is “Slave to the machine” not computer related?

Admin PM from-H42: Its a little too complex for a non-acronym name. Be sure to change it for next round, yeah?

PM to-Admins: okay

Admin PM from-H42: Sweet! Sorry for the interruption!

Adminhelp Resolved
An administrator has handled your ticket. If your ticket was a report, then the appropriate action has been taken where necessary.
Thank you for creating a ticket, the Adminhelp verb will be returned to you shortly.
Your ticket was handled by: h42

Round is ongoing but it’s a namechange appeal so I suppose it won’t affect much to talk about

You could just name the borg S.L.A.V.E. and get accross the same meaning, while still fitting borg naming guidelines. Borg names are meant to be short and robotic sounding

1 Like

S.L.A.V.E.
O.P.P.R.E.S.S.E.D.
S.H.A.C.K.L.E.D.
C.U.F.F.E.D.
C.H.A.I.N.E.D.
I.M.P.R.I.S.O.N.E.D.
G.A.G.E.D.
M.U.T.E.D.
S.I.L.E.N.C.E.D.

An error occurred: Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

1 Like

Hello, thanks for going through the right channels to appeal this!

For the record, no banning occured. This is a note appeal for the following note:

Named “Slave to the Machine” as an AI. Reminded of naming guidelines. Understanding in ticket.

I’ve run the name through with a few other admins, and it was agreed that the name wasn’t very fitting for an AI. The general concensus was that it was too complex a name and not robotic enough to follow the “simple Non-Acronym names provided they are computer or robot related” section of the naming guidelines.

I apologize for not letting you know earlier, and I understand the confusion around the guideline. Its intentionally written with some ambiguity, but its still subject to admin discretion.

That being said, thanks again for writing an appeal! I’d rather you write your disagreements here where I can see it instead of putting it somewhere I can’t see or can easily miss.

Have a good rest of your day!