Guide to Obsessed

So you are walking around the station, going about your regular spessman business. Maybe you’re alone right now. Maybe you’re in a crowd of people. And, just as you’re about to call the shift a greenshit, you suddenly hear the piano tune. It’s time.

So will you please the voices that suddenly appeared in your head? Well, let me show you how it’s done. You can always trust the guy who never greentexted any antag.

Stalking your target
There are two reasons you need to stalk your obsession. Reason 1: It can be an objective. 2: It will keep your mood up. And you may be surprised by this, but somehow a schizophrenic person like you with voices in your head is handling your mood quite well. Once your mood is in the dumpster, it will take a while until your sanity slips. And even that is not as dramatic as it seems, at early stages at least. The specific stalking objective, which can be minutes long, is a different story however. You will need to come up with a plan to stay near your target for a while. That is dependant on your job, for example if you are a curator, try to “interview” your target, or if you are an officer, arrest them for a made up reason. Hilariously the meta here is to roleplay. Talk a lot and it will ease the mood. Don’t follow them silently.

Kill secondary target
This objective you will need to do first, because your target won’t see you doing it. It’s going to be tough to accomplish, with no TC, no partners, and only with the little frowny face in the bottom right corner of your screen. But it is possible. Apply your knowledge from rev rounds onto the situation. Get access to places. Steal shit from them. Then craft weapons with the things you have. Don’t try to lure target somewhere, too risky. Genuinely surprise attack them. Hide your ID when they scream for sec. Once they are kil, turn sensors off ASAP, stuff them a locker and weld it. You have bought yourself some time now. How you dispose of the body you can learn in countless other guides.

Photos
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe pictures taken by AI count as you having done the objective. Even if they do, law 2ing the AI into taking a photo is a terrible play. The AI WILL know your motivation behind it and monitor you for the rest of eternity. What works here is to photograph your target in crit just before they die. If you don’t want to cheese it, you can always do it the fun way of course, and hide at the edge of the screen, maybe in a potted plant, and do the job.

Hugs
Laughably easy if you are a felinid, moth or lizard. Hardest objective if you are a human sec main. Hugs are challenging because they require your target to be standing upright, so you cant just do it when they are in crit. Perhaps try to hug everyone near your target too, to make it seem like a normal thing you do all the time. Other than that I’m out of solid strategies, to be honest.

Heirloom
Just take it from their backpack when they’re in crit. If it’s not there you are fucked. Quite simple honestly.

Kill main target
Finally, you can proceed to the final step of your masterplan. Apply the section on secondary targets on this, but remember you can go louder now. All you need to do is to ensure they get gibbed. Anything that happens after is irrelevant because escaping alive is not of your concern. You even stop being obsessed upon gibbing. And you have won. Listened to voices all the way through, and suddenly realizing in terror the things you have done. Congratulations.

Quick tips

• Avoid medbay like the plague. Doctors can tell you have brain trauma and WILL ask about it.
  • Other antags are key. Go to brig and find a confirmed traitor or something. Tell them of your epic plan, they will most likely agree to it and maybe even give you some TC.
  • And the ultimate super secret tip: Claim you got abducted. (Don’t directly claim it, but hint at it. Say you “fell asleep”, give yourself brain traumas, etc. Works even better if ayys actually are present.) This will give you an excuse to be weird around people and to why you are suddenly avoiding medbay or fainting randomly.
  • Finally, remember to play not just to make le red text turn le green text, but to also have fun. If you’re a head this a rare chance to do antag gimmicks you can never do otherwise. Be creative :)))
    If I missed anything please comment! Thanks

Pretty sure you can’t to that. You don’t remember being abducted when it really happens and you don’t know aliens exist. You can’t just claim out of the blue that you got abducted by aliens. This would only be allowed if there are confirmed ayys on the station. This can lead to your character making this story up IC.

Secondly this is quite a fun antag to once in your life try to RP. You can really let your imagination run wild. I think it’s rather cringe if you walk up to a person, hug them 5 times, then bash their head in.

Follow them around creepily, steal their shoes, trash their workplace, send creepy PDA messages, etc. Yes you might get valid hunted, but take the risk once in your life please.

2 Likes

Pretty sure you can’t to that. You don’t remember being abducted when it really happens and you don’t know aliens exist. You can’t just claim out of the blue that you got abducted by aliens. This would only be allowed if there are confirmed ayys on the station. This can lead to your character making this story up IC.

Don’t want to argue here, but aren’t you supposed to know what antags are/do? There even is a traitor gimmick objective to convince people there are antagonistic forces on the station besides syndicates. And you can always claim you “fell asleep”, never said you need to state it outright.

And yes, I agree, obsessed is fun to RP. I will clarify in my post that it’s not just for le greentext.

tbh people claim this irl. by “alien” you can mean any non-human (or species not discovered by NT) so it’s probably fine.

you, uh, seem to suggest roleplaying as obsessed.

Not that it isnt a bad thing but, uh.

unless it was removed, arent obsessed literally unable to speak when their target is within view, without stuttering/mute/passing out?

arent they also extremely prone to just passing out/jittering/looking really obvious to be obsessed when near their target ? Let alone the funny ultra well spread health analyzer that allows for instant giving away while you are passed out

Its an antag supposed to be a rp-based stalker bad guy, which actively prevents you from RPing.

I rolled obsessed as HoS, planted a gun on target, wanted to do a trial where id make up shit against him to get an execution.

Funny thing, the fact i kept passing out everytime i spoke near him. Had to just call an executive shot and kill him wordlessly shitsec-like.

Obsessed needs a rework, badly. Its fun on paper, in practice it boils down to wordlessly staying near target then flashing+bsb or you die from passing out midfight.

• You dont need to speak to your target directly. Ideas have been posted above like PDA messages, messing with their work place, etc. Maybe sneak into it and leave a photo of them with a creepy note attached. Something like that.

• You can avoid passing out by lowering your sanity. If you are less sane you will be able to spend a surprising amount of time within your targets vicinity.

That doesn’t change the fact that for a roleplay-oriented antag, the roleplay options you have are pretty shit and unfun to plan any gimmick around with.

1 Like

Well, it‘s only a guide thread. Perhaps we can wait for Saint Axel to bring us gimmick objectives for obsessed too. Or we remove the ability to instantly detect it on a scanner.

1 Like

I framed my target as ling once(was an officer), when they screamed for help and the whole brig + cap arrived, i just point at them, point at me, *m point at my mouth, *m shake my head. Boom. They helped me arrest the poor lass.

This was in pubby chapel, so i just carry them to the mini kitchen area, and do my worst creepy guy impression in form of the objectives (hug, photos, etc) while feeling fully uncomfortable. When theyre dead and i can speak again, i do a monologue about stuff (well a bit meta, knowingly their ghost can see me speak still, but no other choice to rp). Cheers to them to actually acted like those actors in horror movie, complete with the scream for help, and screaming noooo when i finally kill them… at least i do hope theyre acting. But mindshielded crew as obsessed are a bit unfair, glad they removed it.

Obsessed are a weird antag, surprisingly its hard to RP being a creep, and sometime you felt like a step away from getting banned for being creepy (or maybe preventing speaking thing is to limit the creep level?).

What’s even up with someone becoming one? I suppose its meant to be rare but in my 150-200 hours i’ve seen it twice. Once in end screen result and myself for like less than a minute after drinking fourth wall.

It’s given by a brain trauma, so either you drink fentanyl, or a random trauma event occurs.

I believe that is not true. The server decides someone is becoming obsessed based on the threat level, etc. Then it randomly picks from anyone with the antag turned on and makes them obsessed (which is also not affected by antag rep as its midround).
In other words you can’t meta becoming obsessed with fentanyl (tragedy)

1 Like