Guide to dealing with the AI

So, the pesky AI is on your tail or you just need your targets dead?

Note: Most of this assumes you’re a Traitor. If not, assorted tips could have something related to your problem but otherwise good luck.
Method 1: Subverting

Arguably the most useful method, but also one of the hardest. Before we talk about how to subvert the AI, you have to figure out how to get there.

To upload a new law to the AI, you must find an AI upload computer and your desired Module. Mostly this will be a Freeform or Freeform Core module (though for you filthy hijackers it’ll be a OneHuman possibly), but it could really be anything.

Now, the hard part. Getting these two items. You have two ways to do this: Breaking in and Creating. Creating it is probably easier.

First, you must find a Circuit Imprinter with the ability to print AI module and the AI upload console. The engineering one has these. Next, you create a Computer Console. You need wires, the aforementioned AI upload console computer design, metal, and glass. You create a computer frame, add glass and wires, and finally the board! Then you write your module (don’t write non-human on a Crewsimov AI or vice versa!) and it’s done. Be sure to destroy it after unless you want some chaos.

If you chose breaking in: Why do you hate yourself? Whatever. I suppose you can break in with C4 or X4. Be sure to get a hardsuit. However the AI is definitely going to inform Security, either due to Law 1 or 3. After all, usually breaking into the AI satellite means you’re up to no good, especially when you don’t have access. So in general good luck.

Method 2: Destruction
So the AI is screwing you over due to a poorly written law, or it’s just impossible to subvert it for you?

First, break into the AI sat however you like, but try to not to trip the motion alarms. Then it’s as simple as throwing an EMP/Explosive grenade into it’s core and destroying it fully afterwards! If the AI isn’t paying attention, even blunt force will work to an extent. Be sure to destroy/avoid/disable those turrets. Disabling Telecomms also help to prevent it from getting help, though it still can tell it’s borgs what’s going on.

Assorted Tips
Credit to: RogueNPS You can block both laser and taser turrets with Atmos Resin. Thermite top of AI core and then atmos spray to destroy it easily. Updated: Works on any kind of turret.

Credit to: J.I.Joe Aside from directly engaging the AI you can also just divert its attention elsewhere. Set a block of C4 on a timer on the opposite side of the station. When it blows and people start talking about the hole in the station on comms that is natarully where the AI will be looking while you do your business on the other side of the station.
Credit to: Lord Scrubling on discord Deactivate it with an x ray gun, block turrets with lockers or rcd walls, use a sonic jackhammer to knock down sat walls

Hopefully I’ve created a semi-comprehensive guide, as it is my first guide. Please do give me suggestions/feedback on how to make better guides.

I will also edit to fix grammar/add to this guide if I see anything that is wrong or get feedback!

Tip: The easiest way to get into any Ai sat on basically any station is to thermite directly above where the AI’s core is. Get a firefighting backpack, switch to Resin Launcher (Or Foamer if you prefer to be more precise.) and fire. It will block the turrets fire as they cant shoot through it even on lethal and you can easily break in and kill the Ai.

This is effective for both if you need to kill the Ai because its doing its job and when its not doing its job.

Wow, that’s quite interesting and useful! Mind if I add it to the guide?

Sure. I learned it while killing an Malf Ai as Atmos Tech once. Turrets shoot through Metal Foam. But not Atmos Resin.

The lasers cant shoot through Atmos Resin because it doesnt function like Glass does. So any form of laser is blocked normally.

Aside from directly engaging the AI you can also just divert its attention elsewhere. Set a block of C4 on a timer on the opposite side of the station. When it blows and people start talking about the hole in the station on comms that is natarully where the AI will be looking while you do your business on the other side of the station.

That is useful! Can I add it to the guide?

Go for it
20characte

a favourite trick of mine is the good old sonic jackhammer RCD comba

jackhammer in from the back and build walls around you and slowly creep up on the helpless Al then beat the shit out of it

That one only works when the AI is not a paranoid bastard. Some Ai players recall their floorbot/pingsky into their core room and emag them. meaning you have the issue of
a) you cant run because slip
b) you have to kill pingsky asap or you are done for BUT if you do then
c) floorbot dissolves all your weapons, gear and suit with its emag acid.

1 Like

Emps disable turrets and bots and depower the windoors, allowing an easy crowbar open depowered windoors and kill