Great Bee Admin Drive

Hello.

There are many issues that beestation has currently. Near the top of that list, at least in my opinion, is the lack of admins and staff we have in general. Currently we are unable to sustain more than one admin on MRP, and have significant stretches of time where we do not have any moderation of LRP. This leads a large range of secondary issues as well. Admin burnout and resignation is high. Servers suffer from not being staffed, and the overall quality of rounds lowers. When rounds can’t be moderated, players are left to just deal with issues, and many of them simple stop playing here.

There are a lot of plans getting set in motion for Bee. I, and the rest of the staff, want to see this community on an upswing and get to a new golden era. It is possible, however it can’t be done without a fleshed out and competent staff.

For these reasons, we are holding an admin recruitment drive. We desperately need people to help lessen the work load all around, and ensure that players have a server with structure to play in. On top of that, admins may reach out to people who based on hours, notes, and general personality seem like a good fit.

Being up front about it, admining here is currently a lot of work, and not too much fun to balance it out. Running rounds and seeing things go well is rewarding, but a lot of the time you are dealing with people who are toxic and abusive to you. The amount of tickets that are received every round prevent you from enjoying the game fully as you do for being a player. Also the log and forums work is grueling and never ending.

However, if you feel you want to take that on to improve the community and give a good environment for future players, and improve things for current players, then that alone is a great intention to apply with. The more admins we get who are good fits will lessen the work load all around and improve the conditions for staff and by extension the community. We cannot lessen our standards however, no matter how desperate for additional staff we become. Having minimal staff is still far better than having enough staff filled with some badmins. While no hard requirements other than saying you are at least 18 years old in place, a generally reference point is few bans and roughly 150-200 hours.

If you have are on the fence about applying, just think about that feeling when you get your first bee station admin check in the mail.

5 Likes

as the man who can and/or will make bee great again, i doubt this will end well

5 Likes

let mentors ban people
problem solved

5 Likes

I’m interested, and will certainly apply!

Inbefore there’ll be more furry admins, and ones that came during late 2019 or 2020.

5 Likes

History really does repeat itself…

see: the post-sseth admin flood where we accepted pretty much anyone and everyone who made a somewhat decent appeal, then had to deal with shit staff for the next 6 months or so

3 Likes

LRP Admins are especially wanted.

9 Likes

Perhaps I’ll actualy unironically write an application sometime soon then.
I like the Bee Comunity and being able to keep it fun for evryone is absolutly worth making my own experience a bit more stressfull.
Who knows if i’m good admin material, but if i decide to apply im sure you’ll all give me plenty of feedback.

1 Like

Remember, you get to put gamer words into centcom announce as an admin.

2 Likes

Memetor is as far is im willing to go for now…
you either resign a memetor or play long enough to see yourself become admeme.

1 Like

Remember remember remember, you can literally change the name of CentCom to whatever your based soul desires. I even onced changed it to 7th Grade Sciences Division, or AI Open-Source Development Team.

Source: downstream

Tfw when you’re an ex-admin with no history of abuse of power, Are older than 18, Have hours between 150-200, Only have one ban and wants to play exclusively on LRP.

But cannot be accepted because you’re a based assistant and HoS who ruins people’s antag and grey tide rounds so you’ve aggravated a bunch of people :pensive:

4 Likes

Here you guys go https://www.reddit.com/r/okbuddyretard/comments/gqkx4a/kan_i_hav_mod_plz/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

the essence of bee’s playerbase, right here

I could see myself applying in the future when I have maybe 250-300h of game play and better understanding of roles. So far I have 150h.

I have admin expereince but im too banned to apply sucsesfully

bruh imagine if i became admin

1 Like

Ohhh lordy this seems familiar. GLHF with this you guys

Annotation 2020-06-02 100425
Feel like I remember some things…

3 Likes