Give admins the ability to give antag rep, when people are noted/banned for ruining a antags round

No, that’s not antag rep farming. You’re perfectly fine to turn off antagonists you don’t like while leaving others on. Antag rep farming is effectively an extension of antag rolling. If you aren’t consistently leaving rounds early because you didn’t roll antag then you’re fine.

Yeah calling it antag rep farming makes no sense to me
Every single instance that could be described as “antag rep farming” would just be bannable under the guise of “antag rolling”
And if they’re antag rep farming through an exploit, It’s bannable for using an exploit to your advantage

I don’t think there’s really a single instance of bad antag rep farming that can’t be chalked up to anything else, and it feels like, as it stands, it mostly exists as a clause to make people afraid to ahelp and go “can i plz have antag rep bcz grief?”

The only actual, allowed & normal case of “antag rep farming” would be to turn off antags solely to turn them on again later and near guarantee a roll, or keeping most antags off to play a rare one. Which I doubt it is not allowed, because not allowing that would be absolute BS.

I’m of the opinion that if you get gibbed by a grief bomb or hellfoam nade or a griefer tesloose% shuttle call loses you your gimmick/redtext you should have your rep reset to the same as pre-antag roll since your antag round was completely invalidated by the funny griffman

1 Like

Problem is, some people roll antag while having 0 rep (which is possible and frequent)
Resetting it to 0 after they got griefed… yeah.
That’s why just “add some antag rep” allows to cover every case and not fuck over the ones with already low rep from the getgo

Some people in this thread are creating an argument out of nothing.

I can’t remember the last time I editted the rep of someone. I maybe refunded rep 5 times top, cause antags are less likely to get grieffed than crew anyway.

That never happened in the entire history of bee, you think we are bots? Remind me of R0 again?
Talk about forcing an argument.

2 Likes

For legal reasons I will not comment on this.

Did you completely miss my point ?
The op encourages asking for antag rep more often in case of grief, but if you do so, you might at one point get bonked for it thanks to that “antag rep farming” clause

my point isn’t that you’re all insane assholes, it’s that that specific clause will render asking for compensation more often an actual risk

You make it seem like we don’t think or rules forbid us from thinking.
We aren’t automatons.
Of course if someone that just got grieffed as antag ask about their rep, they seek a refund for a justified reason.

However if they ask about it out of the blue with no context, then yeah I reserve the right to reset it if I sense the player is up to no good.

There is no issue regarding this topic.
The only issue that was revealed here is you thinking rules are enforced automatically regardless of circumstances. Dive the forums a bit and you’ll find topics where people complain about this specific aspect of the server and wish we would write down everything to enforce everything in the same manner with little interpretation.
That’s what I mean by forcing an argument, you are building this on neither precedents nor correct interpretation of the rules.

Sure. This is better said than straight up phrasing people who ask such questions or discuss such a topic as people just creating arguments out of nothing or people who just treat others as garbage
Like come on Hal, reread your messages and think about how you’d react if someone told you that. It seems more inflammatory than willing to close a debate/wanting to give an opinion on an argument

I can’t deny I’m being blunt here, but this thread was drifting towards an imaginary argument. Had this been you inquiring about rules or being confused, it would have been a different story. Nothing I say is personnal here believe it or not.

There is just no risk of people getting their rep refunded after they ask for it due to being griefed in a round, I don’t know what logic would push an admin to make this call.

The only thing this thread should have been about was to tell us to refund rep more to antags that end up grieffed in our ticket, which I admit is something we often overlook.

That sums it up quite nicely here.

You are not entitled to receive antag rep under literally any circumstances but if admins want to then they can give you some rep. That also doesn’t only include cases where someone’s antag round got ruined.

So yeah they already can give rep which I believe answers the initial question/goal of this thread.

If you have an issue with how a specific situation was handled by a specific admin then you admin report that specific situation/admin.