Ban Length:
Until August 24th
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2021/08/03
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Detonating lavaland base for no reason as syndicate lavaland agent
Appeal Reason:
It’s silly that I’m banned from EVERY ghost role just because I detonated the lavaland base. Why do I get banned from all ghost roles? It’d make a lot more sense if I was only banned from being a syndie comms agent on the lavaland base, or just a temporary ban from all lavaland ghost roles, not EVERY SINGLE GHOST ROLE IN THE GAME. I’ve seen other people do the same thing and get no punishment, too. One more thing. Nowhere was I told I was getting a job ban from all ghost roles. All that my ban said was “Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn”
additional Information:

well i mean
i think the idea is if you can’t play nice as ONE ghost role, you’re probably not gonna play nice as others
other people doing the same thing either have circumsdances on side (for instance not allowing station dwellers to take the base) or should be reported.
also that list is, i believe, a comprehensive list of every ghost role in the game except like, midround antags like blob or nightmare, so in a roundabout way you DID get banned from all ghost roles.

blame the coder 10 years ago that coded this ban system

Why should we expect you to use ghost roles responsibly if you can’t handle the first one. If you ignore the large red text and act directly out of character for the role you take, why do we expect you won’t do the same in the others?

This is an unbelievably common excuse. Seeing someone else break the rules does not mean you are allowed to and I can more or less guarantee the only time this happens is when there is no admin on, because we get a MASSIVE alert when the syndicate self-destruct is pulled. In case it wasn’t apparent, it sets of several huge explosions, which at first glance looks like someone is mass griefing the station with explosives.

As it stands this appeal shouldn’t even be considered for acceptance due to the tone in the appeal alone. Edit your appeal, consider and perhaps even apologize for what you did wrong and my stance will change.

I’m not seeing anything worthy of overturning my initial decision.

1. As has been mentioned, someone who treats one ghost role flippantly is likely to do the same with others.
  2. If others blew the base for no reason and didn’t face any consequences, it’s because they weren’t caught. In an ideal world, they would be banned too.

You have a twenty-four hour window to reply, after that I’ll mark this as denied.

With no further input, this appeal is denied.