Geatish discord note appeal

Discord ID: Geatish

Admin Discord ID: thebutcher_

Ban Type: Warning

Ban Length: -

Ban Reason: continued trying to bait me after being told to stop discussiong racism in eastern europe

Appeal Reason: After talking about racism against romani people fresh came in to stop the convo, saying it was political. I asked “is it really political to say racism is bad?”, which was a genuine question. I do not believe i had said anything political during the convo, only talking about the treatment of romani people and how shit it was. But, Fresh just replied with “:fishing_pole_and_fish:” to my question, which kinda irritated me so i replied with “you think it’s good?”.

It was not my intent to bait Fresh, I dont really think of obvious statements such as racism is bad as being political, I’ve always thought for something to be political it needs to be disagreable and i do not think racism should be disagreed upon, thus the second snaky comment. Now with hindsight it probably wasnt the best i could comment.

Additional Information:
After talking to jix a bit i can see how a convo about racism or homophobia could be considered political. I also think this whole situation could have been avoided if Fresh had taken me serious and had answered my question.

1 Like

Discussing racism is not something that I think is appropriate for our 2d spessman discord server.

I condemn any and all racism, doesn’t matter what “group” we’re talking about, but games should be an escape from IRL. And that applies to our discord as well.

It absolutely was.

If you get told to stop discussing something, then stop discussing something. I’m not going to argue with you in general chat over this.

Especially not over obvious bait posts like “You’re telling me to stop discussing racism… that means you must find it good!!”.

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

I came into this appeal thinking I might lift this warn, but after reading through this I don’t think you’ve understood why you got warned here.

Appeal denied

1 Like