Fun fact about EoCs:

“Be” and “act” are not the same thing.

to act is to do something. If you haven’t done anything yet, you by definition have not acted.

5 Likes

This just demonstrates again why we need to make the Ai be on Corporate only.

(And remove Heretic.)

Heretic’s fun tho.

The only problem is the need to grab pierced realities early on, the fact pierced realities become instantly visible (so blue alert is called instantly after) and that heretics are REALLY weak at first (at least, until they grab ashen jaunt)

It also doesn’t help they got two items (normal-sized and small) that they cannot ever get rid of - making hiding these from sec during a bag search legitimately impossible.

As a result, unless someone really robust is a heretic, you end up with a majority of the heretics dead/permaed really early on and unable to carry on being antagonists - quickly turning the shift into a green shift. Which is far from great.

There’s a lot of room for reworking heretics and modifying it so as to make it more fun, but as it stands already, it’s already pretty good. It just needs a bunch of work.

when the AI is fully endorsed to be a normal validhunter :pensive:

Act
verb

1. take action; do something.
  2. behave in the way specified.

The both definitions can be used. We can argue as much as we want, thats what lawyers are for in game.
But until we have more lax/defined space law (and the subsequent implementation and policing) the current sentiment will probably stick.

1 Like

I dont see how this is an issue.

makes AIs and AI play boring

Maybe for you. Its less stress having to worry about silicon policy and stupid laws that make no sense.

1 Like

if you dont want the stress play something else

I play silicon for the stress. I just dont like having to stress over the trolley problem every day.

1 Like

its not hard

the silicon policy has made it pretty easy, it literally gave you an easy answer which is that AIs are not utilitarians

Silicon policy wouldnt be necessary if we didnt rely on an unrealistic lawset.

No megacorporation would use Crewsminov. They would use Corporate. If you want at least a semi-realistic RP you would use Corporate.

RP Isn’t about realism

it’s about improv and conflict. Asimov is good because it is flawed.

2 Likes

I dont see how Corporate wouldnt improve this. Trying to figure out who is an EOC and the thrill of the hunt by sec would make it better.

And it would make Ion laws more interesting.

CC inspections easier.

Borgs wouldnt have to worry about crew safety or job hazards and instead just work thus leading to more interesting encounters and paramedic actually having a fucking use.

Ai would be able to do their job for once and not have to open every fucking door and fret over everything sec does.

Plus, it would mean i cant pull my bullshit as Nukies anymore and just…delete the crew manifest. Like i do whenever i am Nukie borg.

Because it makes AIs act just like a head of staff

Not as an actual distinct entity with conflicting interests that have to be responded to

corporate is basically the lawset I’ve played under in most of my time in SS13 and I’m glad it’s not the norm here

That nukie thing is fine, good even. If there’s a problem tier silicon access to be network based with the crew records existing separately. This would benefit ruins too

Honestly with our rules about AIs who are purged, don’t bother with corporate. Just have no default lawset if you don’t want asimov lol

And it leads to a hell of a lot of Ai deaths and borg deaths because people get fed up with the Ai “Not obeying law 2 because of law 1” Because people who dont play silicon dont read silicon policy and thus dont give a shit that the silicons are trying not to get banned.

Incoherent sentence is incoherent.

You cant even make AIs corporate anymore.

1 Like

good

its conflict

not really, the deal there is that silicons can access everything they see. There’s no access control, if someone wanted to fix that they could just fix it instead of giving up on laws and deliberately flawed silicon logic as a concept.

Nothing changed, it always depended on whatever circuit the mapper added.

I dont see how the crew murdering silicons because they cant defend themselves is good. Its conflict, yes. But that doesnt make it good, at least imo.

Why do Nukies even have a sec records console?

No map has a corporate board anymore. They used to like a year ago. Now none do.

would be fine with this, then caps would actually pick a good ai lawset that deals with the situation instead of “hurr durr i’m gonna let the ai save every tator/rev/cultis because i’m too lazy to walk into ai upload”

They’re given protections (and should, with any public server)

But people getting extremely pissy at eachother due to imperfect information is like
peak rp

only meta and pubby

buuuut the others rely on RNG for it to spawn

Could def be fixed, I don’t think we need every map to have a protectstation but no corporate.