Fuck glowshrooms

i hate glowshrooms so goddamn much, they look so ugly, i dont care if they give light or essentially are kryptonite to nightmares, they ruin the clean aesthetic worse than gibs and blood. in conclusion, glowshrooms bad

4 Likes

you know whats worse then glowshrooms?
Shadowshrooms

2 Likes

9 Likes

Fuck glowshrooms. All my homies hate glowshrooms

Thankfully most botanists who can be assed to mutate their plants for griff or pranks will usually go for chem fuckery and not these pieces of shit.

1 Like

Hell yes.
Although I was bwoinked once for making healing weed-nades and leaving the 5% space drugs in if you want to griff the way to do it is with mad chemistry…
I once saw a 20X20 range plant nade set a room so on fire that with current atmos/burning floor plates it would have holed the station.

finally someone who agrees.

This is the truth. Imagine if your house was covered with some weird glowing mold, you’d get that place fumigated ASAP. Glowshrooms are a disgusting plague on the station.

1 Like

If a glowing fungus moved in to cut into my electric bill like that, I’d patent that shit so fast.

4 Likes

I’ve saved stations with glowshroom before.
Power went out and people were freaking out - like they never saw a station go dark before…

I just rushed some glowies and got to planting.

2 Likes

That is a fair point, and glowshrooms can certainly be valuable in such cases, but when they get released “just because”, it really makes the station look terrible.

Glowies were more valuable before we got the botany dispenser - the radium was perfect for smashing together ghetto mutagen but that took time so it was understood that botanists putting together a full dispenser was a perfectly normal thing…
Which made traitor/shitter botanists even more dangerous than traitor/shitter chemists because nobody expected it.

Plant-b-gone works on them right? so there’s a spray bottle in back and nades that can clear glowshrooms easily.

1 Like

The more the station looks like a shithole the more will people act like it.

4 Likes

I honestly prefer not being able to see over being able to see but everything is ugly and glowing.

It is time to put some shadowshrooms. People will see the actual cancer even If it will get me killed by crew.

1 Like

i do love when shadowshrooms get mutated to give off light instead of eating it, it’s manifested cognitive dissonance

Seems like you should be able to remove glowshrooms with the janicarts floor buffer. It is the janitors job to keep the station looking nice.

This won’t remove the ones on the wall.

Objects in this game are not actually mounted on a wall. They are on the tile next to the wall and their drawn sprite is offset. It would work just fine.

1 Like

I’d love it if you could apply the glowshroom effect to other plants. I doubt people would complain if instead of huge ass shrooms it was just glowing grass.

1 Like

Fairy grass on tg. It’s like regular grass but cyan and glowing. Can be ported pretty easily, actually.

But then Nightmare should be made able to dig it out with lighteater as well.

1 Like