## About The Pull Request
The Frostwing is a bird-like creature native to Glo…wStation's ice plains. They are agile and able to climb and fly, using their powers to steal resources and technology from the station in order to build their base on the ice plains. They are intelligent, but not technologically advanced (anymore), having lost their civilization after the station was constructed, and have been scavenging resources from the station in order to build their own base on the ice plains. They are not inherently hostile, but will defend themselves if necessary. However, they are not above using deception and stealth to achieve their goals.
The Frostwings have a hierarchical society, with a single leader at the top. They are organized into small groups, each with their own tasks and responsibilities. The leader is responsible for making decisions for the group and ensuring that their objectives are met.
- Steal resources and technology from the station to build their base
- Avoid being killed or captured by the crew
- Use their abilities to evade capture and escape with their stolen goods
- Flight: Frostwings are able to fly using their wings, allowing them to quickly move around the station and access areas that may be difficult for the crew to reach.
- Cold resistance: Frostwings are adapted to the cold climate of their home planet, and are able to withstand the freezing temperatures outside the station. However, they take damage when inside the station's warm atmosphere, and must use hardsuits to remain inside for extended periods of time.
- Cold healing: When at their regular body temperature, Frostwings can slowly heal burn damage, allowing them to safely make multiple short trips into a warm environment without accumulating excessive damage.
- Damage from warm atmosphere: Frostwings take damage when inside the station's warm atmosphere, and must use hardsuits to remain inside for extended periods of time. However, hardsuits prevent them from using their flight abilities and slow them down, thus weakening them.
- Vulnerable to attacks: Frostwings are physically weak and can be easily killed or captured by the crew if they are caught.
- Limited time inside the station: Without a hardsuit, Frostwings can only remain inside the station for a few minutes before taking significant damage.
### Possible interactions with crew
If the Frostwings are successful in acquiring enough resources and technology, they will construct a larger base on the ice plains and continue to advance their own technology. This could potentially pose a threat to the station and its crew in the future. It is up to the crew to decide how to handle the Frostwings and their actions.
- Friendly: Crew may choose to be friendly with the frostwings, offering to trade goods or technology in exchange for labor or materials scavenged from the ice plains.
- Neutral: Frostwings may choose to remain neutral, simply stealing resources and technology without interacting with the crew.
- Hostile: Frostwings may become hostile if provoked or if their efforts to steal resources are thwarted, attacking crew members and causing chaos on the station.
Frostwings are the last of their species, so they need to be able to make more frostwings. They can make more frostwings using the modified clone pod, "avian egg synthesizer" that spawns in their base. They have 3 to start, and if they are broken they are permanently lost and cannot be rebuilt. They can be repaired using a welder and cannot be deconstructed.
The egg synthesizer works as such:
- Put in 100u synthflesh
- All synthflesh is instantly consumed, incubation starts
- During incubation, power use increases drastically. If power is lost or it breaks, the incubation cycle is lost and you do not regain your synthflesh.
- Incubation takes 3.5 minutes
- At the end of incubation, a frostwing egg is spawned that ghosts can click on to take the spawn, and a new frostwing is created.
The requirement of synthflesh further mechanically encourages engineering prowess and tech thievery, as frostwings will want to steal things like plumbing materials, lathes, chemistry boards, etc and build them at their base. They will also need a reliable way to power the pods, since they only start with a partially charged SMES and an APC, with no other way to generate power.
### Admin Policy
Frostwings should not be killing crew except in self defense, and even then should avoid doing so. They are smart and know what technology is AND how to use and acquire it- they simply lack that technology and want to recover their civilization from the impact NT's new space station had on them.
**Escalation To Follow: Normal**
**Station Response: Lavaland-ish (they should however, not kill on sight if there is no justification for doing so)**
Due to the inability to restrict this game wise, they can read UIs but they should not be using UIs to communicate with crew like paper etc, that is not in the spirit of the antagonist. The curator or a translator circuit are the best options here.
Frostwing's main goal, and overall what their administration should be based around, is expanding their home base and acquiring resources.
The last few frostwings that survived (the players) are quite smart, and know their way around departments, they are adequate engineers and doctors.
Knowledge of the station: Frostwings have been studying the place for a while, so they are familiar with its general layout and function. Human culture, however, is a mystery.
## Frostwing Lore :tm:
Frostwings are native to the ice planet, and existed for a long time before the station was constructed.
The station's construction interfered with their natural hunting grounds and drove away their food sources, summoning dangerous spiders drawn to the heat. The station was also built upon a natural cold fissure where they would store their eggs for hatching, meaning they no longer had a suitable way to reproduce.
The last frostwings came across an abandoned ship from Nanotrasen's initial scouting missions and refitted it to be a home, and modified cloning technology aboard to create an egg synthesizer and incubator, so they could continue their species in the event of their death.
They died, and now it's up to the new frostwings to build a home and grow their numbers, using the resources available on the station and their unique abilities suited to the environment.
## Concept Art
Generated by DALLE 2
Myself: Idea of ice birds (inspired by dudes that steal), Code, Frostwing egg and incubator sprites
kit_katz: Sprites: Frostwing, Frostwing meat, Frostwing feather
Spockye: Frostwing base
ChatGPT: Idea of dude that steals, writing design doc
DALLE 2: Concept Art
Sounds (all CC0):
- Wing open/close: https://freesound.org/people/ani_music/sounds/244978/
- Caw 1&2: https://freesound.org/people/basedMedia/sounds/548106/
- Caw 3&4: https://freesound.org/people/nigelcoop/sounds/75162/
## Why It's Good For The Game
They add more variety and potentially interesting situations to the round, as well as giving ghosts another role to play, or potentially being a role that is seeked out by players specifically, similar to ashwalkers.
## Testing Photographs and Procedure
Frostwing base (by Spockye)
Healing after body temp restored
:cl: itsmeow, kit_katz, Spockye, ChatGPT
add: Added Frostwings, and ice planet exclusive bird antagonist that steals from the station.
refactor: Species now support custom body temperature settings.
tweak: Fluff papers no longer have absurd amounts of health and can be broken easily.
add: GlowStation: Added combustion/rocket jetpacks to the armory, for use against flying threats.