In-game report:

CKEY: joelogbybolb

Your Discord: jixs4v

Offender’s CKEY: fronsis

Offender’s In-Game Name: Morgan Strange

Date (YYYY-MM-DD): 2023-03-10

Round Number: 47975

Rules Broken: Antagonist conduct

Incident Description: As an unascended heretic, helped a (murderbone) traitor murderbone by growing and protecting xenomorphs.

Additional Information: I wasn’t a player in the round, I’m making this report on behalf of another player who would rather report this anonymously.

1 Like

Interesting!

Alright, i’ll explain the entire scenario just to give some context from my PoV, justifications, and what led to that to happen, however from the start i do agree that the situation escalated a lot more than i intended and i wasn’t able to disengage in time to go do my own antaggery while leaving Lavender’s to do theirs.

I was a latejoin Explorer, within the explo team they were: Lavender Addison(miner that swapped job and was the traitor with hijack) and two explorers, one who was already there, Cryphia and another who arrived when we were in a mission, Taylor Fisher

Since this will require logdiving, i need to clarify that Morgan Strange is IC partner with Lavender, not saying it to immediatly justify the help but you’ll see upon further reading.

When i arrive and greet each other we both IC slowly started to act strange to each other, which would basically plant the seed of conflict and to have a reason to separate ourselves during the shift, when we’re on the ship doing a mission, Lavender asks us to leave, which was certainly odd! The objective was just there! But she said that RD sent a special mission to grab a live specimen Xenomorph and that was more important, Cryphia and i went along because it seemed like a unique petition, i never double-checked with RD because it would get a target on my back, when we left that’s when Taylor arrived and we continue searching for the Xenomorph, unfortunately for us it took us a very long time(i’d say almost an hour?) To find it, while it was certainly annoying because… we wanted to do our own things and plans but RNG wasn’t on our side, i kept going because it would be more natural for me to stick with the team until the mission was done than randomly dissapear and then be reported missing from my job or something like that, in the mean time we had some very solid RP within the ship, talking about our characters lore and so on, even Lavender asking Taylor if he would like to be a “father” which would be the detonator

Eventually after an hour of looking we find a planet with the Xenomorphs, Cryphia goes away with a locker to secure a hugger while i was exploring on my own, i get called by Lav on slimic? Or i think she came and whispered me, to help Taylor “become a father” and i think? Taylor slipped into the egg or got baton’d and facehugged can’t recall, by that point i get asked to help make Cryphia a mom and Lavender baton’s and facehug her, we return to ship, Taylor already awake and IC insulting me, i rest him reassured that he will live again, because when i realized what was happening on that ruin i was gonna use that chance to get both Cryphia and Taylor as my ghouls(or well, the two lesser ghouls with 50hp) so they could help me with my objectives.

Upon arriving back to station and we start slowly disengaging from each other, an engineer from space spots Taylor dead on a chair, where i was drawing my rune currently, by that point the first baby larva hatched and was roleplaying with Lav, until she hit them with the syndie codex tome and they started speaking together, while i went to grab a flower to revive Taylor and Cryphia i saw Lavender talking with the RD, she called for my help probably in case RD would take his PTSD out but at that point i was like “well if they kill the larva none of my problem” since i was trying to do my own stuff so i kinda ignored it and continued walking to get the items i needed(and RD just agreed to the pet and left), once i revive Taylor on the explo break room Security had already arrived on the front door, i started speaking with Aden Finlay and others, but they were obviously more concerned about the Xenomorph larva that ran to the other room where Lavender was hiding it, i even went around them from the door above on one hand to let them breach in and dealt with the young drone and on the other hand to try and find some stuff to make a blade for Taylor and Cryphia but i forgot i needed a kitchen knife and when i returned the larva was already on the drone stage and eventually Prae and some fight was starting.

At that point everything became chaotic since the Prae went wild, we had a fight in there where me and Taylor fought an officer that attacked us, i killed one with the help of Taylor but shattered my blade and had to come back, when i came back i almost got critted by the officers when i was fleing to space, and was saved by the xeno, then the more the Xeno grow, obviously, the less friendly it became and it started tail sweeping everyone, officers, Lav, Me, Taylor and i think Cryphia(or she died earlier, ghouls are so fragile after all) but it still held some small loyalty to Lav, that was bound to run out, during all these fights i was actively killing the officers that attacked me, until i believe Lav? Told me they needed them alive or perhaps it was the Xeno with codespeak, since Lavender hit me it with but i didn’t even speak with the Xeno, regardless i kept going for kills because it’s more fitting for my heretic nature, eventually i manage to capture Aden’s body and revive them, the plan was to utilize him as a ghoul to get one of my sacrifices: Melody Baker, which is IC partner of Aden Finlay, so i explicitly told them: “Get me Melody” or “Kill Melody and bring her” can’t recall but they decided to punch Lavender for some reason(She complained on radio to me) i believe i was still trying to go back to the area when that happened, but the whole idea was… “Hey Melody, you get Aden back if you surrender to the Mansus” a.k.a get sacrificed.

The fight went on, i had to kill Odette, paramedic, because they were trying to drag away Aden’s body and then i believe two other doctors showed up and got killed or critted by the Xeno prae(or queen?) And then i spotted Anxiety in crit as one of the doctors, and that’s when my 2nd idea came: “My other target is Aaron Marthin… which is IC partner with Anxiety perfect! Same plan as Aden!” However Shuttle was called and time wasn’t in my favour, not to mention Security and the Xenos going, understandably, rogue.

My plan was to exploit both IC vulnerabilities of Aaron and Melody(both were working on Robo) to get them sacrificed, rather than go unga rch t trht on them and eventually if the Xenos got a head of staff, sneak in, grab a body and leave, since i was conscious that the Xenomorphs were gonna be evil and not loyal at all at some point

I remember Lavender asking me to get monkey cubes and… I didn’t get them because that was out of the scope of my plans and i felt that was actually helping with the murderbone, since that’s was aiding with even extra manpower to the Xenomorphs that were only limited to two(Shuttle was called quickly and Sec kept the xeno at bay for so long that they didn’t manage to facehug anyone from what i saw)

The original plan was to arrive with the egg and let Lavender do their thing while i kept both Cryphia and Taylor as helpful minions and completely disengage with the Xenomorph scenario, but sec immediate and swift response made difficult to leave and between the fights and the tailsweeps a couple of people died, the only one i remember directly killing were: one officer with the help of Taylor-ghoul, one final punch when Aden was already being killed by the Queen and Lavender then i critted Miriam in a fight and Odette for trying to rescue Aden’s body, me and Taylor were defending ourselves and Taylor was on a super erratic ghoul beast mode attacking my aggresors since i never said “kept them alive”

I do remember leaving Miriam alive in crit because they were the HoS but i didn’t had time to sacrifice her(or to compute that she was a HoS since so much shit was going on) and while i informed the Queen about her and Odette, they were both already in hard crit and they died shortly after so no one got infected by my hand nor i made it easier for them.

Eventually when i tried to get to shuttle i met the Xenoqueen which was full hostile at that point and it critted me while i was dragging Lavender body to revive her(who probably met the same fate or was killed by sec) and the queen, me and Lav got left behind on station, while in crit… i got a signal that both Taylor and Aden died on shuttle, i’m curious what they were doing so i"ll edit this part when they inform me

I’d also like to clarify something that despite my amounts of hours, i’m not very robust or knowledgeable as Heretic, while i could’ve stayed on station and go full hostile(against a full team of sec) all my sacrifices were people my character IC knows(except the RD) and i had come up with the idea of making them willingly surrender to the Mansus sacrifice to save their loved ones because i felt it was gonna be a more impactful RP scenario than just… ashen passage into robo, mansus, blade both of them(specially because they were working on a bunch of robots and i didn’t want to be an asshole) in the mean time during flying between missions i used that time to slowly get my gear, the thermal vision collar, the flask, the blade and to passively gain points(though i did drain two influences on station) in fact Taylor saw the rune himself but i covered with a good RP excuse.

But yeah, i certainly wish things developed different but that’s what happened, i’m open to any questions and i believe @zimon9 and @taylor can give their 2 cents since they were caught in the middle and voice their opinion if i actively helped with the xenomorphs things beside the original 2 facehugs, i think Zimon might have a full recording of the round that can provide more context, i really didn’t help the xenomorphs take over(which they didn’t at the end), some stuff were useful for me as an heretic and that was the main reason but i tried to disengage as much as i can but Security was heavily present on the main area and i felt like running away would’ve been less fun and impactful, and the fight was almost non-stop and shuttle coming made everything chaotic(it didn’t event trigger the free 10 minute xenomorph) alongside all the RP talks we had i believe we had a solid and fun scenario and less people would’ve died if they didn’t rushed head on into the active dangerous area(the paramedics for example and one MD, while it’s their job… security was actively fighting).

In the end, though redudant, my kills were limited to security personnel that was attacking me and i accidentally crushed my only blade while fighting the first officer so the only thing i did after that was to shoot a laser gun a Miriam and to Crit odette with some punches and sawing because she was taking Aden’s body away but it was extremely chaotic and non-stop fighting and again i do wish i could’ve disengaged sooner to try and get my stuff going but i got caught between sec and lavender and the xenos so i had to fight my way out while trying to think what to do in the few minutes we had but never actively assisted them on the takeover.

That’s all for now.

Edit: I got some video footage of the main conflict thanks to Zimon, i’ll be sending it to the assigned admin when it gets assigned, if i don’t reach send me a DM! It should massively help portray the entire situation that unfolded better.

4 Likes

A heretic explorer goes on a mission with his other two explorers and a traitor (unbeknownst to him) to fulfill his boss’s request for a xenomorph. While exploring the ruins, said murderbone traitor facehugs his teammates - not his place to stop it, so he doesn’t… also respecting the RP leadup to this, he decides to act like the antagonist he is and not report it (to which reporting it also isn’t necessarily his place either)

Seeing it as an opportunity to grab ghouls and sacrifice his targets, he lets the traitor raise the xenomorphs. Then security comes, naturally, and the heretic defends himself (which can be construed as him defending the xenomorphs). Yes, the traitor asked him for monkey cubes - no, he did not get them.

That’s the story. It may’ve looked like assisting murderbone, but it was just him happening to be an antagonist explorer on a mission with a murderbone traitor. Why attack a psychopath breeding xenomorphs? Not his place - in fact, grabbing the corpses after (which he did) would be directly useful to sacrificing his targets.

I was that murderbone traitor, I did the xeno protecting and raising. He was just another antagonist on the exploration team defending himself from security. Easily misconstrued as assisting me in murderboning.

8 Likes

Hello, and thanks for making this report!

I completely understand wanting to be anonymous, and know that anyone is welcome to do so. Just PM a report to the admins on the forums or Discord and the rest will be handled by us. If you’re worried that one of us will be biased in its handling, please PM headmins or Crossed. I’d personally rather know that something is wrong and have to put in the effort righting it than not know there is a problem at all.

After going through the logs, I can confirm that Lavender and Edward did work together, but it was moreso Edward not wanting to be killed and not needing the station to be safe. Edward didn’t actually attack anyone that wasn’t arresting them nor were they actively complicit in the xenomorph scenario beyond watching Lavender murder two innocents. No action will be taken.

Reading through both players’ logs, I do feel the need to say that both players and a large chunk of the other people involved should probably start interacting with other players beyond those that they intimately know. If you’re reading this, while I understand the appeal of developing and exploiting complex relationships ingame, I’m worried that you’re sabotaging yourselves by restricting those interactions to only the “in” group. I’d try to shadow players you may not recognize to learn about them or help players who may not have as deep a character as yours to improve and make the server a better place to play on for everyone.

Thanks again for making this report!

Report Rejected

4 Likes