FreshMeatLovers Moderator Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
FreshMeatLover

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
TheButcher#3196

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
I will mostly be available in the evening and on weekends. CEST

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I don’t think freshly minted admins are able or should be able to make any big changes to how things are. Not that i am interested in that either way. I would probably look into updating existing outdated policies like the virology policy once i have experience in admin related things though.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
Short answer: Be the change you want to see.
Long answer: On one hand complaining about certain things or about the state of RP for example always felt wrong to me without being part of the admin team myself. On the other hand becoming an admin is something that i’ve been wanting to try out for quite a long time now. I have never been a real admin in a community before. So this will be a completely new experience for me. It is an experience i am looking forward to though. Again, i can’t promise that i am going to be a good admin. I can only promise that i will try my best. If that is not enough then admin is not something for me i suppose.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
2019-12-21 when i first logged into beestation golden. Other servers i’ve played on are nsv,clover and baystation. I never really felt the need to try out other tg based servers, i was happy with beestation.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
1389h (1151h/238h)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
Probably a 1. I have messed around a bit with admin tools on a private server while testing small code projects and i’ve read the guide to admin tools on the wiki. Apart from that nothing.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Not really no. I’ve been an admin on an Rising Storm 2 Vietnam server but i would not call that admin experience really.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
No.

Your strengths:

• I think i am overall a rather patient and calm person.
  • I value honesty alot, and consider myself to be an honest person.
  • I like helping people out wherever i can.

Your weaknesses:

• I am dealing with a bit of anxiety right now. Don’t think it should affect my adminning though.
  • I can get very stressed out about things. Trying to improve that though.
  • Can be a bit insecure about myself.
  • I do not enjoy ss13 as much as i did for example a year ago.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Obvious lying, people that destroy other peoples enjoyment/fun for no reason whatsoever.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
I think being able to judge a situation as objectivly as possible, being patient and consistent.

What makes a staff team good?:
Consistency in rule enforcement and communication/teamwork. Aswell as being able to rely on your fellow admins. Making sure that ultimately the players enjoyment is what is the most important part and not the admins enjoyment.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To create a healthy, friendly and fun environment for all players.

What kind of player are you?:
I was very interested in the mechanical side of things when i started playing ss13. I would use all sorts of ingame mechanics to try and create fun gimmicks out of it.(Hosting a radio show with circuits, spawning kudzu in the xenobiology containment chamber then roleplaying it out with the RD and rest of science, things like that) Recently, i’ve noticed though that only the roleplay aspect of ss13 is what keeps me playing. That is why i basically stopped playing science. Security, medbay or even engineering have alot more interaction with the rest of the crew than science just does not have.
I overall consider myself to be a helpful and nice player that likes to roleplay with people.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I think the hardest part for me is probably finding a middle ground between being too harsh and too lenient. I don’t think that is something that can be learned other than through sheer experience. Other than that, i don’t think i will change at all.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Bwoink the clown and tell him that stealing the HOS gun is self antag and that he shouldn’t do it in the future. Probably give them a note, depending how they interact in the ticket.
Afterwards respawn the HOS gun (as it could be a traitor objective) into his office with a centcom announcement to make sure everyone knows.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Adminprison them to stop them from dragging around the canister. Bwoink them to explain themselves but this is basically 100% a permaban. Even if it is a new player, you do require quite a bit of game knowledge to plasmaflood. It is not something that a new player can just do.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
I think this has happened to everyone trying to make meth before. Making meth could be a break of the “do your job” rule, but as long as he doesn’t have severe notes regarding that then it shouldn’t be an issue. This is an IC issue. What i might do if i have the time is check what exactly caused the explosion. Happened to me before that a non subverted/malf AI mixed water/potassium while i was standing next to the dispenser just because i complained about them being incompetent over comms.

Also if any admins want to quote my notes then they have my permission to openly do so.

3 Likes

grafik

4 notes that are actuely negative, most being very minor. While also having 4 notes for good behavior.
With your time count, iam not too worried.

The only thing I really wana add is that you should ALWAYS check the note history, honest mistakes can happen. only time not checking notes is needed if its a acount made today with 0 hours perfectly making a TTV and running to the brig as non antag

While I personaly dont know you(other then that amazing coms agent play) the app gives me good hopes

1+

Yuge hours with an amasing notes per hour of 0.007 make me verry confident about this

None the less, questions first : )

1. Ghosting around you notice the HoP is in their office with no mind attached to them. You manage to confirm that the player has been disconected for atleast 30 minutes. Actions?

2. ckey “sussybaka1488” joins as a scientist. They have 0h on the server and you see the acount was made today. Anything wrong here?

3. While you are admining, you notice that another admin quietly spawn equipment for a player for no obvious reason. What would your actions be here?

4. Roboticist has made a mech and is using the teleport module to appear in random loactions. They dont do much besides walk around and teleport, though. Issues here?

5. While playing a methspeeded botany man runs up to you and instahusks you with a plant. Taking the liberty to check, you see they are not an antagonist. Actions?

6. Do you pour the cereal or the milk first?

7. You notice that the head of a department not only is not taking lead of their department, but also generaly incompetent at the jobs he is supposed to be the boss of. Actions?

2 Likes

Will try to keep that in mind for the future. Thanks for the +1 though!

Oh god the dreaded questions. Alright, here are my answers.

Check if the guy ahelped before disconnecting. Check their notes and then probably command ban them as they did not cryo themselves. Disconnecting for 30 minutes means it is not a computercrash or something like that. Not cryoing means they take up the spot for another player who could’ve been an active HOP.

Orbit them for now and be ready to intervene should they start doing something suspicious, like flooding plasma, making TTVs. But i would not take any action for now. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

I would ask the other admin why he did it. Then report it on discord to a higher up, probably headmin to let them handle it internally.

I am not so sure about this one. For me this is a clear violation of the “you must roleplay” rule. He does not do much except for walking around and teleporting. So basically he does not interact with other people at all. Probably check what mech he made too incase of powergaming. Check if he is an antagonist of any sorts for example an IAA that doesn’t want to get killed. Bwoink him, check his notes if he has past notes for bad roleplay/powergaming and his hours. If this is his first incident and a rather new player, probably remind them of the rules and note them. If they have previous notes of bad roleplay and powergaming probably ban them for a couple days or more depending on the severity of the notes.

As an admin i am not allowed to handle tickets regarding myself so i would ahelp it. If there is no admin online i would try to call one on discord. If nobody responds and the guy keeps murderboning then i might take the freedom to adminprison them until another admin can look into the issue.

Cereals first. Obviously, I’m not a barbarian :wink:

Check their notes, if they have any regarding incompetence in the past. Bwoink them to let them explain themselves. Then probably job ban them from the respective head role. If it is a new player and he has no previous notes regarding incompetence and understands why you gotta be competent in your departement then i would probably only note them. Otherwise in most instances this will be a job ban from the respective head role. Head roles are not supposed to be beginners friendly so most of the time he knew what he signed up for.

1 Like

Pretty much spot on for all of these

Your response for #2 is correct generaly speaking, but in this specific instance you could take action right away since their ckey has le nazi number, but i dont fault you for not catching that.

+1

Oh shit. I did not know that. Well i am not even too sad about not knowing these type of things really. Will remember it though!

+1

T: +3

1394h, extremely few notes for that amount of playtime.

+1

Since you bring it up, what are your thoughts on the topic?

The major circumstance that this would be okay would be if they’re randomly husking people repeatedly. As the slider moves towards grief then start taking actions. Just because you got hit by max potency death nettle doesn’t mean it wasn’t an accident. Overall, good answer here.

It’s important to notice if someone is new to head roles too. If they are you can try giving them some advice!

Overall extremely well versed player. I don’t have any reservations.

+1
T: +5

I think there is no clear cut answer to how our current RP-state even is. The difficult part about “rating” the “state of RP”, lies in the fact that each player (including admins) has a different view of what RP or “good” RP is. What i consider “good” RP or fun RP might be completely boring for someone else. Trying to find a middle ground that works for everyone is the hard part. I personally think that our current ruleset is actually really good or atleast a big improvement to how it was a year ago. It’s admin coverage that we are really lacking. And i’m trying to help out in that regard, if i can of course.
Thanks for the +1 though!

1 Like

accepting at +5
wellcome to the team