I’d like to discuss the roleplaying limitations on Free Golems and the silicon they create in how they influence a round on the station. I decided to make this topic after a shift where a Malfunctioning AI went doomsday and a Free Golem borg (Asimov but replace human with Free Golem) killed it with 20 seconds left on the countdown. The round in question was 30945 [Golden] but this is for case study purposes, I’m not looking to point fingers at anyone specific. One of the crew members that died to a plasma fire reincarnated as a free golem posibrain and then ran to the AI sat to kill it. The sillicon team targeted robotics first when they went delta just to make sure the crew couldn’t make an unsynched borg to kill the AI, so this blindsided them. So these are my questions:
- Are the free golems allowed to intervene in a round?
- Can the free golems and their creations stop a malfunctioning AI and other antagonists?
- Are Free golems even allowed on the station?
- Should free golems be allowed to make silicons? Just the creation of an AI on the golem ship would be a big intervention on the round.
- If any free golem borgs are listening to binary chat on subverted/malf AI can they snitch to the station?
- Can the golems mount a pirate robbery on the station? Steal ore, raid armory, try not to kill anyone. Nicer pirates if you will.
- Can they visit the station to trade some of the unique tech they have?
And in return, can you attack any free golem on sight, or is it based on escalation? If the golems are allowed to intervene in a round, can a malf AI preemptively destroy the free golem ship, and without going delta?
And lastly, can it be made clearer on the free golem rules when they’re born on what they can and can’t do?