Frebbie admin application //DENIED//

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Frebbie

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
FREB_CRF

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
Generally Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday mid-afternoons and evenings Eastern USA - weekends are busy

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
My view on rules enforcement is really oriented towards avoiding disruptive gameplay while keeping players engaged. I prefer deescalation, warnings, and other non-permanent measures to steer people into being positively engaged with the server. I know the world works the way it does and sometimes the heavy shit can’t be avoided, but I somehow still have a little optimism even in 2020.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be an admin?:
MRP admins often don’t accept requests to join LRP when there are no admins on LRP and several on MRP. I’d like to help fill some of the LRP administration gap because let’s be real, just having an admin online prevents a significant amount of grief.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
4 years, since 2016. I miss the singularity engine.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
A few months now, I love all of you.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
9 - The only matters I’m not particularly skilled in are bomb making and the finer points of virology. Engineer extraordinaire and server record holder(unconfirmed) for highest engine output at 21+MW with a nitrogen Supermatter and chamber filled with lightbulb boxes.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
3 - I dont know anything about the admin control panel and how to react to things with ERTs etc. Now regarding deescalation, not losing my cool, staying objective, you wont find someone with more chill. Even right now when someone fucks me up as a nonantag I’d like to see them get a warning and told to revive me rather than a ban so long as they aren’t doing something disruptive to the general station population.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
Nope

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
Nope

Your strengths:
Laid back and I don’t hold grudges. I know the ins and outs of esoteric engineering and atmos and sniffing out intentional grief for those station-wide damage events is easy for me. It’s just generally nice to have someone around that knows that kind of stuff anyways especially with low hour accounts in those departments.

Your weaknesses:
I would only be suitable to administrate LRP. I don’t like the idea of trying to impose guidelines on what people think or say or judge their roleplay, call me a ■■■■■■ or whatever in ahelps, I really don’t care, sometimes I am and it can be a fair point.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
It takes a lot to get me really upset. SS13 is just like anything else in life and shitty people exist, gotta learn to work around them because being upset is a waste of time.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Objectivity. You gotta let go of yourself, not hold grudges, and think of the best solution for the player and the server.

What makes a staff team good?:
Accessibility and objectivity. Gotta be there for the little guy just trying to do his 2d spessmen thing and have a good time when he needs you.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To prevent disruption to gameplay, administrative tasks such as mapvotes, and ensuring the server runs smoothly (e.g. something fucks up in-game and is crashing the server address it)

What kind of player are you?:
I’m really live and let live. As Engineer/CE if you ask for gloves or whatever and you aren’t a jerk you’ll get them. Even when I’m doing sec if you break into the captains office or whatever I won’t brig you if you just return the shit and aren’t hurting people. I accommodate people trying to roleplay on LRP and even encourage it despite it not being required.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Possibility of burning out, but I’ll be real with you and let you know if I’m feeling that way. Hoping that just having another admin on LRP will prevent a lot of grief just from showing up as online.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Is the clown an antag? No problem. If not - on LRP that’s an IC issue. The only time I can ever see that being an big deal is if the HoS had his gun out fighting someone and the clown lead to the HoS’s imminent harm or the escape of someone that went on to cause harm to others.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
That’s probably the most serious self-antag besides sing/tesloosing and one of the very rare times where I’d issue a ban unless 99% of the station was a dead and they were using it to fight xenos or something, and even then it’s going in their notes with a few day job ban unless they took ample time to warn the crew and everyone was onboard with it.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Was he an antag? No problem. If not - on LRP it’s an IC issue if the HOP/CMO want to demote him or whatever. I might bwoink him and tell him where he fucked up just to be nice, we’ve all been in over our heads before and fucked up. So long as it’s not repeat behavior it’s a no harm no foul kind of thing.

Further Disclosure
I got bwoinked once on MRP for writing graffiti on the walls. I proceeded to clean it up, should all be in my remarks.

Let me know what you think, I love you all even if you don’t think I’d be worth trying or we have differences in opinion. I think a good example of this would be Chusi who I’ve had disagreements with over whether or not gunning for stealing the captains spare at roundstart each time constitutes grief(I’m not a fan), we disagree but I still love playing with him and would never want him to leave. A lot of nuance gets lost in writing, so just know I appreciate you guys from new players to oldies and staff. SS13 is is nothing without the community - bee excellent to each other.

95 hours.

hhhhhhhhhhh i’m not a trialmin rn but get at least 100 more hours.

as for your questions

1. You forgot that you need to spawn the gun back at the locker due to antagonist objectives, plus maybe note the clown.

2. WAY too relaxed. That’s a permaban on sight; you’re going to need to learn how to be fair and be a bit less nice.

3. Yeah that’s fine.

TL;DR for admins: Low hours, seems a bit too nice. That’s about it.

Yeah I get being on the low end might hinder me, and if it does it does, not a biggie. If I have a chance to participate beyond being a regular player, I want that feedback from everyone and if you disagree with me I get a better perspective and a chance to talk with new people. I took a break from SS13 for a while because I wasn’t enjoying the communities I played on years ago so maybe it’s something I could keep in the mind at some point in the future if the servers need staff.

You forgot that you need to spawn the gun back at the locker due to antagonist objectives

I’d say situational. If it’s on the station z level and stationary, I’d still lean on it being an IC issue for the antagonists to overcome. I mean they do have the option to buy/steal hardsuits and the security staff have access to hard suits as well. Considering kill targets can be flying around space changing z levels, it would be an unnecessary use of admin powers to put a firearm back on the station especially if it isn’t part of an active objective in a gamemode that has it. Our difference in view would be a good example of differentiating between MRP and LRP servers I think. If the staff consensus is in your favor I’d have no problem accepting it despite my opinion.

Your account is only two years old, and you were apparently targetted for a sweep against multikeying on TG, are you sure you don’t have any alts? Also singularity engine still exists, we don’t have Oranges here

It has been exacty three weeks, as of today

These combined with pretty low playtime lead me to leave a -1 for now.

1 Like

I’m finding it quite difficult to believe… I’ll be sticking with a -1 for now.

1 Like

I’d prefer if you didn’t drag TG into this, because it’s a very different community with its own problems. I had a out of game issue with a former member of the staff that they couldn’t leave out of game and documented it fully through their process.

The logs and incidents leading up to that are all public and hosted on those forums, so before you drag that up with me, I’d highly suggest you read them and share them here if you feel so strongly. Yes I have used other keys in the past, but I am not presently active on any and haven’t been for years.

I don’t plant to ever appeal that ban again because even years later, for a ban that was given for out-of-game conflict with a former staff member, the present staff still hold a grudge. That goes against my whole perspective so, take it as you will.

RE 3 weeks, my bad, it’s felt like two months.

could u guys maybe take more of a chance on Frebbie just bc he would play on golden?

i don’t sense a lack of maturity and also, i’m not directly aligning ruko’s admin app with Frebbie’s, but Ruko’s playtime was not much better than this

yes

Yes!?

As a golden main, people shouldn’t deserve special treatment regardless of MRP/LRP player.

No.

low hours and I kinda don’t like the answers to some questions.
I will leave a -1 for now

1 Like

Im not an admin so I dont really get a say, but LRP NEEDS admins.

However, due to low playtime and lying in the questions this application seems a bit sketchy

1 Like

That’s a pretty hostile reaction to some justified questions. I don’t feel strongly against you - I just wanted some transparency because the application was mixture of discrepancies and very buttery language.

You raise some eyebrows when you mix flattery with incorrect information, you know?

Definitely the truth - with the experience I have now I wouldn’t have gone over a +/- 0 on my own application for what it’s worth, and I don’t think I was experienced enough at the time I started either - I succeeded on a string of luck, good intentions and experience adminning other games.

twell to be honest, other comments have made me realize that i’m not that prone (YEAH BITCH I USED THAT WORD WRONG AND NO BITCH IM NOT GONNA FIX IT.) to frebbie. for reasons other than playtime but u know. Maybe on the next golden admin app

intelligent conversation with Nan Kelliday?

That’s a pretty hostile reaction to some justified questions. I don’t feel strongly against you - I just wanted some transparency because the application was mixture of discrepancies and very buttery language.

Everything is public on TG and rather than asking me or speculating here, you should get the straight facts from primary sources and make the decision for yourself. If I were being hostile, why would I give you got direct access to logs, ckeys, times, dates, involved parties, and the points of view for the people I was in disagreement with?

As a golden main, people shouldn’t deserve special treatment regardless of MRP/LRP player.

I would be inclined to agree with you if there weren’t such a massive staffing imbalance. I wouldn’t have even applied if not for the surplus on MRP and deficit on LRP.

Please accept my withdrawal. I believe that with my lack of game time and disagreement with what seems to be the consensus thus far for the hypothetical moderation situations, well, I wouldn’t feel welcome or a good fit.

I’ll be denying this application as it currently sits at a negative score.

Application denied.