Fixed Pressure Tank Construction (asset already in-game/maps)

Hello all, very simple suggestion/request since the asset is already in the game and part of the station maps:

It would be very cool if one of the coders could make these fixed pressure tanks constructable with iron in either a one-step process, like a canister or multi-step process, like a wall(perhaps using a machine frame as the first step and simply adding iron). They would be tremendously useful for various atmos projects and engine setups. If the assets could also be tagged with the hand-labeler, even better.

As the assets and all necessary code regarding their storage and being part of the plumbing network are already present. I believe this would be a brief but wonderful contribution.

4 Likes

Yeah probably would be simple enough. Also customization medipens, five units of storage.

Just bumping this because there have been a number of construction projects I’ve done lately that would greatly benefit from this.

What’s the difference between these and normal canisters hooked to a connector?

The fixed pressure tanks have a volume of 10,000L vs the wrenched canister’s 1,000L. That’s 4x the max gas volume of an open turf tile(2,500L).

They would be particularly useful for any high temperture gas applications such as making the disposals loop robust enough to handle major fires, thermal electric generator engines, supermatter cooling loops, large scale gas production, etc.

They’re also very useful for shuttles, basebuilding, really any project where you need to store a large volume of gas in a compact space and supercooling isn’t a suitable solution.

Dang, if we had TG’s pressure valves you could engineer something where you had cold bulk gas storage going into a heater/distro.

1 Like

For sure. There are a lot of fun and useful atmos projects we can do with assets that are either readily portable or already in the game’s code. I wish I was capable enough to work on this on the development side. Little things like updating boxstation atmos to have gas miners like metastation and bringing pressure tanks into the constructables would open up a lot of doors.