Fishytheflopping in Mod application 3

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Fishytheflopping

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): azi2320

**How often are you online to help? (Timezone):**GMT & Likely whenever I’m free.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: As I’ve said in my previous application, all issues with the server is out of my hands regardless if I was put into the shoes of a moderator or regular player.

How old are you?: 19

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I’ve honestly wanted to become a moderator for quite a long time, I’ve wanted to help out the server with it’s issues even if that’s slaving over player reports on the forums or in the game bwoinking every validhunter, although my ultimate goal in the end is to become an admin to really enhance the game experience for others, as you can see from my forum posts I have a fascination with enhancing rounds for not only myself but others and if I get the power to bus, who knows what I’ll be able to do to help out every newbie and veteran to show them how fun ss13 really is.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 10 months

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 828.7h - Living 585.2h - Ghost

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 6 (I know my way around most departments besides Engineering and Botany, I haven’t played them too often to get a feel for them)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 8 (I’ve moderated for discord servers and roblox RP servers in the past and there were no complaints)

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I’ve moderated for roblox RP servers before, I’ve never moderated for ss13 servers before ((The RP servers shut down as the years went on, the owners kinda just lost interest and just let the private server subscription expire))

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Nope!

Your strengths: I’m friendly, creative and quite social online

Your weaknesses: I can get quite stressed when put under pressure but uni has taught me to manage multiple things at once (Just don’t start timing me when I’m doing apps and we’ll be sweet/j)

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Validhunters mainly, nothing aggravates me more than somebody sticking their nose where it doesn’t belong.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience and the ability to cooperate/communicate.

What makes a staff team good?: A good staff team will cooperate with each other

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Enforce the rules to ensure everyone can have a fun time.

What kind of player are you?: I’m a creative person who tries to make things fun for others, I’ve put ideas forward and made rounds fun for others before hand, I try my best to follow the rules, I’ve had occasional slip ups with the odd thing, bit too loud as an abductor- ran to help with an army of golems when security had it handled but I’ve never done anything out of bad will. I try and keep myself in a medium RP standard as a base and only seek to improve from here on.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Nothing much honestly, I’d likely be a bit more absent in game- being more in ghost doing fun things and helping out whenever I can without putting my game on hold (As in if I’m a doctor, I wouldn’t wanna let a crewmember bleed out because I’m dealing with a validhunter).

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Honestly depends on antag status, clowns for the most part forget they are meant to be funny or slightly annoying (We cant expect all clowns to tell jokes, security needs somebody to harmbaton/j) If the clown happens to be an antagonist I’d let it go, as I have learned it could be a valid strategy for later or a way to hinder security at large.

If they happen to be a non-antag, I’d like to PM them regarding the situation, just because clowns can play pranks does not mean they are good to steal high rank equipment. Depending on the reason for it I’d likely note them and send them on their way as it’d be retrievable if the crew knows how EVA suits and oxygen works.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I’d check the notes and account hours of the player, odds are this is a griefing attempt by some troll or an alt account coming back for one last attack. I’d make use of admin jailing if applicable or just let the crew have at the griefer (IC crimes have IC consequences). I’d put in a request to ban them for a month (If the grief was that bad that admins gotta clean it up, it must be bad.) Depending on notes, previous bans or account time I might submit a request to have them perma-banned.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I’d check their play time, if they are a new player or an old player. If they happen to be new, I might PM them to ask if they’ve contacted mentors and how long they’ve been playing ss13. If they are new to the game or the server I’ll help them out by giving them a few pointers to wiki addresses before marking their ticket as an IC issue without a note.

Hey, thank you for your continued interest in helping out :slight_smile:

Sadly, you’re banned at the moment. Admins are generaly expected to have clean record atleast recently, which with you currently being banned is sadly no longer the case.

I’ll be closing this application, but if you can manage to keep out of trouble for some months, you’re welcome to re-apply.

1 Like