Fighterslam Player Report (June 2020)

Bloons literally asked for a second opinion of all admins in discord without linking the report or saying who it was about. I gave my opinion and was then directed to the report.

@bloons3 Can verify this if you think I just have it out for you and not everyone who literally admits their reason for gathering x items is because they feel a compulsive need to powergame some form of defense.

I do really dislike dealing with you because you take it personally any time I do though

2 Likes

this contradicts itself.

It’s extremely late where I am, only reason I’m up is because I got woken up for something unrelated and now I’m just passing the time by checking notifications. I’m too tired to talk about the rest of the posts/etc but this stood out to me.

Only other thing that stood out to me was the sunglasses/flash issue but I think that was handled well. It wasn’t “just” sunglasses he had.

yeah that

he did lol

you left out the fact that it was combined with having a flash tho…

:relaxed:

2 Likes

I asked another admin to take a look at it since I’ve interacted with you before and wanted to be impartial.

If there are exceptions to rules (E.G: Sunglasses), make sure you document them. This is what I gathered from this thread.

The exception to the rule for powergaming is based on intent. Do you want that cakehat because it looks goofy or because it’s a powerful weapon that you store conveniently on your head?

Sunglasses because they look cool or because you hate sec/flashes and feel a compulsive need to defend yourself?

Rushing a flash for no reason will always be powergaming for those that don’t start with department-based access to one. Same for cuffs. The rules state if you aren’t sec not to act like you are.

The intent is stated clearly.

1 Like

Document it and add exceptions to the rules list, all I’m asking.

It’s unrealistic to document every possible item, situation and role which does and doesn’t count as powergaming.
The council votes on specifics as needed when there’s a major divide on something.

If your job doesn’t start with access to it (not counting maints) and it has no immediate use, don’t seek that item out “just in case”

1 Like

Flashes can be found and made in maintenance.

1 Like

(not counting maints)

I didn’t even edit that in
You know what else can be in maints? Guns.

There you have it, flash & sunglasses are powergaming for assistant. Alongside any hacking tools (Which this person probably had), etc etc. Just about anything is PG’ing at round start.

I think the powergaming comes into play here because

doing it every single round means it typically manifests into the player breaking in somewhere like tech storage/robotics and getting gamer gear round start before sec have time to gear up.

I dont know how many times ive been playing sec and seen tech storage broken open, all the flashes and gloves missing and then everett running around with flashes/gloves/glasses 5 minutes into the round, basically meaning if I ever want to try to arrest him I need to jump straight to guns.

1 Like

having a flash and glasses EVERY round is powergaming everyone can agree on that

1 Like

this is like saying “bulky 2 handed item I can’t even put in my backpack FOR OPENING DOORS” about the fire axe.

“Uncommon items that can be quickly replaced should not be escalated to OOC, but if it is a direct inconvenience or they have no purpose to steal said item, it may be treated as self antag.”
“If the player cannot provide a valid reason, it is self antagonising behaviour.”
I have it for preaching and messaging everyone, and besides, you had a prove cart too my dude. We were literally bantering over the reply all feature, you said I smelled, I said the only thing I was smelling was your mom.

I think he fuckin died, I never saw him after that. Pretty sure I would’ve made sure the clown got his stuff because I generally like the clowns, but even I won’t carry around a backpack all round taking up a hand slot on the off chance a commonly killed character ISN’T dead.

this speaks for itself

yiiiiikes

i don’t hate anyone tho, only reason this didn’t stay in ahelp is because the ahelp didn’t get addressed in-round

what even
90% of the time you’re just putting around in space, I interact with imhotep about twice as much as with you

isn’t it obvious? He was prescient and preparing to stop me from shoving him for praising the sun!

Let’s just start quoting the rules. The only thing that is in question here is the flash as the rules state: “Mundane items that an everyday person would have (tools, insuls, sunglasses, soap) are not powergaming unless used specifically in a way that breaks another rule. In those cases it will add to increasing punishments for powergaming.”

Now the rules also state:
“Do not collect dangerous items, weapons, or tools “just in case”. Do not wear a hardsuit, riot suit, or similar bulky/uncomfortable armor for the entire round.”
I, personally, would list a flash as a weapon / tool. Having the flash at round start as “self defense” goes under the “just in case”, not the “I actually need this”.

Furthermore, being shoved twice is not enough reason to cuff some guy and get him brigged for 4 to 5 minutes afaik as you’re not really security are you?

Also “As a non-security & non-command crewmember, you’re not an experienced soldier. Do not rush into danger without reason.”, just dropping this out here.

By the way, before anybody cries “Don’t shove him in the first place”, stuff that can be handled ICly remains that and this is a report about how Fighterslam power game’d, not how maggotguy shoved some guy then got pwned for it.

Admins will probably start sperging and going all ‘ban he aodmoasdmoasdm my quota!1’
Just fucking tell him don’t do it again and move on.

also
Being an assistant is not a free pass to ignore any part of this rule. Assistants are expected to help around the station, not immediately rush all the supplies that aren’t nailed down or behind locked doors - Ask for whatever supplies you need from the department(s) you’re helping.

2 Likes

@demdisco As for the assistants being expected to help, it’d be alot easier if there wasn’t a 75% chance every time you go to a department they’ll see your grey jumpsuit and tell you to fuck off, and then close the shutters. Because that’s happened significantly more than someone actually talking to me.

Also, I didn’t have zipties or handcuffs. I had CABLE CUFFS, which I crafted on the spot once he assaulted me. I’m not the guy trying to pick fights with people randomly, but this shit happens to me, frequently. Probably as a result of me being a “known shitter” even though I barely play anymore. This is why almost every round, I’m off exploring in the gateway or space or maintenance, because people on the station generally treat me like shit. Not all the time, but it’s a pretty common occurrence.

If you think that people are treating you like this because of your name, you can either change your name or sit by medbay and pat people on the head with a medkit until they start singing your name for years to come.
Departments being assholes is nothing new, to do that assistants being expected to help thing, I suggest going to do HoP and asking him for department access (After getting its head’s approval (can be painful, I know)) and a special title on your ID card. When somebody brings shit up of that “Y U IN HERE IM GOD BHNADJANSD MY AUTISM IS INSANE WATCH ME” you show them your ID Card. If they still keep on freaking out because they’re autistic pieces of shit, call security and / or the head that you got access from. Remember, heads of departments have consoles that let them add access to their departments.

Don’t think I’m asking for you to be banned because of “he haz flesh brooooooooooooooooooo”, I said that this instance should be a slap on the wrist. I doubt you’ll do it again if the admins says no, you’re not here to grief, I know that much. I do not understand why people who do fuckups are treated the same way as griefers. (Incoming adminz saying “PROOfxp/??” and “Nuffin rong with azking for proof, that’s what is the baziz of an argument after oll yes bud!!”)

Fighterslam should very technically be punished by these rules.

However, they were able to non-lethally resolve a situation where they were attacked unprovoked in the way that most things on MRP should be resolved: they got security involved and washed their hands of the affair.

The other parts of this report (All Access, hardsuit) do not appear to be substantiated by logs.

Because of the context, this will be a note on Fighterslam which will increase the severity of future punishment should they power game again as well as a warning. They should not have had the items, though they did handle the situation well.

As such, closing this report.