Fighterslam Player Report (June 2020)

In-game report:

CKEY: TheMaggotGuy

Your Discord: The Maggot Guy#3950

Offender’s CKEY: Fighterslam

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Everett Garrisson (or however he spells it)

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 06/10/2020

Round Number: 17055

Rules Broken: Rule 9

Incident Description: This was greenshift, so no reasonable threat IC and he wasn’t sec. Carrying around a flash at close to the round start while wearing sunglasses. I shoved him twice (it may have been more to try and get him through the slot into the HoP office but IDR) for “being a heretic” because I worship the moon and he said “praise the sun”, then stopped afterward to not be an ass/self antag. He then runs out of the HoP line, flashes me (meaning he also had sunglasses), cuffs me with cable cuffs he had, then dragged me off to security and claimed that I was the one with the flash, and I got arrested for 4 or 5 minutes. My fingerprints weren’t on it and HoS refused to check with a scanner. (He later said he would but idk if anything happened.)

Then he broke into the HoP office to try and get himself AA (I assume) at around the middle of the round, then later on (75% through I assume) he was literally just walking around in a hardsuit for no reason, which is the textbook definition of powergaming.

Additional Information: It was greenshift and there were no admins on which is always a good combo. I think an admin latejoined, but when I ahelped about "the greenshift is about to end so please join soon" the entire ahelp including the stuff about Everett was rejected and I never heard anything back

@fighterslam so you can respond

I do be taking this one

@TheMaggotGuy hi

so, I always have sunglasses and a flash. it’s basic self defense. you attacked me, I took you to security, and claimed you had stolen the flash because you shoved me in the hopline for no reason and then tried to get sec to arrest me. I never broke into the HoP office, it was wide open and had no power, and I was helping the HoP fix the APC by replacing the powercell for them. edit: the AI literally unlocked the APC and opened the door to let me inside, in addition to giving me access to a replacement cell. I also never went near the ID console, nor did I make an attempt to screwdriver it off to steal an id or something. I never got a hardsuit, just access to EVA from the HoP earlier and a space suit. I was planning on going space exploring - which I did, and didn’t find much of interesting besides the syndicate fighter, so I just came back to the station around 8 minutes till shuttle and just waited outside evac for the shuttle.

you were the chaplain that round, right? yeah, you were. here:

this was after you had stolen a P.R.O.V.E cartridge from the lawyer or lawyer’s office, and presumably attacked the clown to steal their megaphone. as non-antag. on a greenshift.
thank you for your report!

@bloons3

I was on for this round, will need to check what was going on.

this is considered powergaming tho

I think this was after you kidnapped me

pretty sure I remember you hacking the door

All I saw was you hacking the apc, which was about when sec arrived, so there’s no way to know you weren’t trying to just turn it on to give yourself AA

you were literally wearing one on the shuttle if memory serves right

which is allowed

iirc his stuff was just laying out on the ground and that’s where I also got the golden bike horn thing

having sunglasses isn’t considered powergaming

1 Like

I never even SCREWDRIVERED the door, the logs will prove this. At no point in time did I EVER have a hardsuit. I never kidnapped you, I apprehended you and took you to security for flashing me. If having a 4-use self defense item and EYE PROTECTION is considered powergaming, the admins can decide. The AI unlocked the APC for me, I didn’t need to hack it. Also, I don’t recall stealing from the law office, breaking in, and tresspassing in there, is allowed for non-antags on greenshifts… And shame on you for stealing the clown’s megaphone instead of finding them and returning their items, or telling sec the clown’s shit is everywhere and they are missing.

Might I add, literally anyone with maint access or science access can get a flash on Deltastation? They can just go into the abandoned mechbay and print a flash, the materials and machinery are there for it. Sunglasses cost 50 credits at any clothesmate vendor, which can be found in arrivals and dorms, there’s a total of two in stock in each vendor, plus bartenders generally give out their beer goggles, a unique form of sunglasses, out to whoever asks, since they are also 50 credits but free to vend for people with the bartender job. This is in addition to the security maintenance sunglasses, and the warden’s extra sunglasses… Even on non-deltastation, it’s not hard to get sunglasses and a flash. I mean, I am RARELY ever seen without sunglasses on. Most people haven’t seen me without sunglasses, actually…

Also, maggot, if I chose to, I could player report everyone I hate - because people fuck-up from time to time, especially like how you fucked up just now. But I don’t, because I don’t like forcing people to go through an absurd amount of drama and bullshit, not to mention dragging others into it, just to gain a small 3 minutes of satisifcation that I got someone banned from a 2d space man game for a couple of days. Some people may call me a shitter, but shit like this is what, in my opinion, truly makes someone a fucking asshole. You started this shit in the HoPline. You know, I could even call this metagrudge, especially considering the amount of lies you’ve told. Because you attacked me in the HoPline without being provoked in any way. Because you have shitted on me, false-reported me, shittalked me, and done similar shit in the past. Give it a rest, I barely even play on beestation anymore. Even if, somehow, this report DID get accepted? I would hardly care. I’ve been permabanned several times in the past, and there are plenty of other servers for me. This is just petty.

And you might be wondering: “You’ve made plenty of player reports, they’re all right here! [a bunch of links].”
Well, I learn from my mistakes. I try to improve upon my past self. It doesn’t look like you do. You’re going to become the new me, stop digging this hole deeper.
This is an atmospherics simulator. You die. Things don’t always go your way. Shit sucks, and there’s sometimes not always things you can do about it. I’ve decided I’m not going to say anything else on this, because I typed out another few paragraphs but just don’t think I should say all that here, because it probably wouldn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Having sunglasses isn’t powergaming lmfao

Getting a second admin’s input on this.

This same issue came up the last time we had a community discussion on powergaming, and sun glasses specifically came up. We had been allowing it on the grounds of sunglasses just looking cool, and then everyone that had been rushing sunglasses more or less openly admitted to seeking them out for the major advantage they offer against flashes.

Intent matters, and rushing items to defend yourself with because you’re paranoid is powergaming. Pre-emptively seeking items for self-defense or a combat advantage is the core definition of powergaming, and even if sunglasses aren’t, the flash is.

Do not collect dangerous items, weapons, or tools “just in case”

Even the council voted on the sunglasses situation and the vote was unanimous that owning sunglasses alone wasn’t powergaming, but causing other issues afterwards means they will be counted against you.

Non-sec, Non-head shouldn’t have or seek flashes or anything else for personal protection before you have a reason to be afraid.

1 Like

can you even powergame on greenshifts when there is no threat

Also @ruko Who asked for your opinion? You’re a manipulative cunt who is biased on everything related to me. Of course you’re going to try to make me look bad.

Bloons literally asked for a second opinion of all admins in discord without linking the report or saying who it was about. I gave my opinion and was then directed to the report.

@bloons3 Can verify this if you think I just have it out for you and not everyone who literally admits their reason for gathering x items is because they feel a compulsive need to powergame some form of defense.

I do really dislike dealing with you because you take it personally any time I do though

2 Likes

this contradicts itself.

It’s extremely late where I am, only reason I’m up is because I got woken up for something unrelated and now I’m just passing the time by checking notifications. I’m too tired to talk about the rest of the posts/etc but this stood out to me.

Only other thing that stood out to me was the sunglasses/flash issue but I think that was handled well. It wasn’t “just” sunglasses he had.

yeah that

he did lol

you left out the fact that it was combined with having a flash tho…

:relaxed:

2 Likes

I asked another admin to take a look at it since I’ve interacted with you before and wanted to be impartial.

If there are exceptions to rules (E.G: Sunglasses), make sure you document them. This is what I gathered from this thread.