Fighterslam banned by LordGrievous

I do not play on LRP anymore but having played there, as captain too, a lot of times I can in some way relate to what happened.

And being this ban about a player that I like in a lot of ways and very much dislike in others, I think I’ll get right in to try to give a sense of what may have been inside the captain’s mind.

3 Nukies were dead. The round was far into itself. The most basic tactic of them all, keep the disk and not hand out AA as it rains outside, has so far worked.

Security was probably responsive for the whole round and in someway a crew, without even the hop, was managing to win.

As a captain, especially an inexperienced one, the person was probably thinking it was due to his leadership(most probably lack of to be honest) that the round was going the way it was going. And he was probably having a great time.

Then a rioting crew, because assistants who gets into bridge are, by default, a rioting crew, step in. Now Garrison, let’s be honest. I had a round on MRP were you simply went right into me and started attacking me while I was talking. Without never answering to me. Why? Because is one of the most basic and effective tactics of them all.

So I wouldn’t absolutely hold against a lone individual, inside his office, totally authorized to kill anyone who trespasses into it, to have used lethal from the get-go, instead of talking. Because as we all know too well talking, usually, can kill.

And with a player like you, Garrison, it does.

So you broke in the bridge, with others, totally unauthorized to do so, during a round that the station was winning, without any reason to do so, because the station WAS already WINNING, and you complain about it?

For real?

The fact that both the captain and the warden, killed doing their duty, not self antagging like you and the others, were cloned, does not change the fact that a party here was 100% self antagging and the other was doing simply their job. Frankly the whole cloning thing sounds more like a cheap attempt at avoiding the ban more than anything else.

But the point that makes me angrier is the whole disk holder fact.

At least from the story, as it was narrated up until now, you were the disk holder after breaking into bridge. So after having critted the captain. The same captain who was holding the disk so effectively up until a group of rioting crew, asshitants, went into one of the few places that could have made them valid just to walk into.

Having taken by force the disk from the rightful owner of it doesn’t make you the rightful disk owner. It makes you target n.1, before even the nukies, to get the disk back. Because it’s not yours to hold.

If you wanna have the responsibility to direct a department, let alone an entire station, next time apply to be captain and try to be a real one.

Usually when I see you doing anything as a head of staff, is just powergaming around, gathering more useless tools, being a nuisance and slowing the work for everyone else, because you know, you were powergaming, being the cog that doesn’t fit in the machine, while the machine is trying its best to be serious and keep the situation under control and in order.

Now I wasn’t there, I don’t play on LRP anymore and don’t know if the story has just been recounted poorly up until now so there are details that don’t make this story as horrible as it is, or is truly so terrible.

But if the story is as it is, I can clearly see where this ban is coming from and Garrison, I know your heart is in the right place and all, but you should really try to understand that your lack of empathy toward the other side of the story is exactly the reason why this ban was handed in the first place, at least I think so.

The fact YOU were bored doesn’t imply that others, not bored, must suffer from it. Bored? Roleplay! Confused? Roleplay! Tired? Guess what? Roleplay!

Just don’t ruin others fun because you were bored.

I hope to continue to play with you, you’re absolutely not a bad person, by nature, but your lack of understanding, empathy, and honest self-critique may really, really be unnerving sometimes.

3 Likes

Just for the sake of the comment all of sec minus the warden died instantly. I myself dropped a nukie, and a nukie with an L6 killed 2 of their team in the crossfire.

I dont know what happened leading up to this. I just saw a mostly naked cooper try to kill everett, then a fully geared warden pump him full of lead

dimitri
when the nukies declared war
the crowd went in and got aa from the captain’s corpse and i secured the disk
the captain switched straight to lethals and had to be cloned
captain got cloned.
later, him and the warden attacked me, the disk holder, a bit later in the round. they tried to kill me, but failed and only ended up critting me.
a bunch of other people who were trying to help me guard the disk pulled me out and healed me.
this was when the warden and captain got critted and taken to medbay, by me.
then the round ended shortly after.
the captain could have done so many other things aside from not saying a word and immediately trying to kill people
the captain could have literally just asked for the disk or used his words instead of immediately trying to kill people
the captain could have tried to assist people and the crew by handing out aa and giving his budget to cargo, and fighting the ops. but the captain decided, HEY THIS GUYS BEEN HOLDING AND DEFENDING THE DISK, LET’S CRIT HIM AND PUT HIM IN A VULNERABLE POSITION FOR THE NUKIES TO GRAB THE DISK

i honestly have no fucking clue how you got the idea that we waited 20 minutes to do anything about the disk

Doesn’t apply to security personnel.

pretty sure security are supposed to detain people
not shoot them 4 times with buckshot point blank for being in the same room as them

Open shut case isn’t it?
Everette didn’t do nuttin
Cap upset he caught those hands so ahelped
Providing what sharky and Everette say is correct I don’t see issue

Depends on the situation, but killing the disk bearer on confirmed nukies is pretty lame.

Hm.

Yeah, it’s better to wait for logs to understand this shit show, i remember i joined the round, Chaplain Everett already had the disk and at one point i think he saw they shoot him, probably that was cap and warden

thin ice btw

this situation can be summarized as:
admin doesn’t give any shits
non antag is causing issues, so other non antags get upset and beat other non antag up
non antag is actually fine though and tries to kill other non antags multiple times, helping the antags, and almost causing the round to be lost

real condom hours

bitch cant u just like grow plants in botany

@Xlyana Hey, can you delete this thread
I don’t think I’m getting unbanned this time. Not because the ban isn’t bullshit, but because of my past.
I’ve somehow managed to piss off the entire community so I’m just going away.

It may be nukies but captain is still captain.

Fighter this band not gonna stick. It’s at most day ban material because you DID NOT start anything. You did what everyone does on ops and THEN SOME by opting to protect the disk.
Give it time but itll get replies.

not really

this ho don’t care, spess men kill spess men.

ya give it a second enough ppl like u to forgive it (or atleast make it not perma)

Uhh Everett. You really need to CHILL, i understand that by your own words you have nothing else to do, but constantly spamming the situation on the discord (Not in salt-mines) and bringing the topic over and over again, plus keep expanding this thread is… no bueno.

Please keep in mind Admins are real people with different responsabilities, and seems like most Admins that can pull logs are busy. that’s why the whole idea of having more admins came to light while, most of the news are of course trialmin they’ll eventually (if the conditions are properly met) be fullmins and they’ll be able to handle situations better, in this case in particular and as with most perma-bans most fullmins tend to let the Admin that did the punishment to review it and talk it with you, try to be on their shoes for one second and have some calm, it’s almost holidays and people are doing stuff… and of course let me remind you that this thread is only ONE (1) day old, but jesus christ from what i’ve read on discord between yesterday and today it seems like if you were permabanned a month ago and you still hasn’t got an answer… Please CHILL OUT, try to find some things to do apart from complaining on discord… and please don’t tell ‘‘admins doesn’t give any shit’’ because that’s just gonna backfire you. I’m sure when the times comes Grevious’s gonna review this thread, speak with the council about the permaban and you’ll see a close for this, but for the mean time please try to enjoy the holidays, calm your mind because you show otherwise by doing a constant spam, bothering people on discord and when you don’t get your answer you call Xly for the thread to be closed bro… Chill out, there are protocols to follow.

I see that you really care about playing here because of the friends/enemies/memes moment that you’ve had but you need to rationalize the situation, try to be on the shoes of the admins and the general people, see the calendar and see again that this thread is only ONE day long and see that you still have people that give you arguments of why this is not a perma, ultimately wait for Grievous to show up since he’s the one in charge of this.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why Everett got banned tbh, captain tries to kill him, he gets killed back, classic escalation.

My only suggestion, if I’m reading this right, is it should NOT be a perma. Captain, AFTER NUKIES HAVE ARRIVED, ATTACKS DISK HOLDER. Everett, then defends the disk, from possibly a damn nukie. All though it was the captain, a perma was a too hard.

This ban seems excessive unless I’m missing some context.