Feyweather Guide to Lavaland Gas mining

I have no idea why i cant post links to pictures so until i figure it out im editing the link…

Lavaland Gas Mining

So, bounties are not paying out like you want them to. Try gas farming!
Every shift magical forces change the gas composition of lavaland, letting you roll a few gasses

Nitrogen
CO2
O2
BZ
Plasma
H20

What we are looking for is that sweet BZ which typically rolls from 0-25%~ percentage of the air.
That is a lot of MONEY that you can make. But extracting gasses from lavaland can be a challenge as you need open tuff for it to spawn and scrubbers do not work outside of the lavaland mining base.

Preparation and Setting Up
Gas mining requires mining access, so as a cargo tech beg HOP for access or get a spare mining conscription kit. Inside of it theres a mining access card that you can apply mining access to your ID

Aux base also required to drop the base, QMs start with this access. Alternatively you may ask AI to drop the base.
Aux base also contain the RPD which is vital to laying the pipes for the gas mining and a set of basic tools you will need

You also require freezers to chill the air so you can pack as much moles of air into a single cannister. So this requires either mining or Science access.
This is the single highest barrier to gas mining as convincing HOP to give access is a dice roll. You may have better chances asking AI/ENG/SCI to use the lathe, tell them you are upgrading the ORM and the other department are traitors to materials.

Aux Base Gas Mining
Instead of using passive vents to draw air, I highly recommend the AUX base as the tiles on it are powered by the magics of lavaland. Simply use a landing field designator (found in Aux base or mining lockers) somewhere near the lavaland base.

Run back to Aux base, and start laying pipes.
Try to fill every square with a scrubber, since the powered tiles are a valuable resource on lavaland since you need blueprints to even expand them.

After you are done laying pipes, use metal to make a air alarm frame and install it into the single wall, send the base down using the blue monitor in the middle of Aux Base.

Remember to Tell your miners that the base is dropping and where so you do not gib them, then drop the base. After dropping the base, quickly leave before you fall to your death.
imgur.c0m/nkAzRBw

Head to a autolathe (there is one at cargo lobby) and make a air alarm electronics and cable coil if you have no already grabbed them and head to the aux base.

imgur.c0m/nN6Zyzd

Lay the pipes into the lavaland base. I normally pipe it directly into the old smelter room. Do this so your miners do not get pissed about you getting in their way and it gives you space to work with.
Strongly recommend adding a valve so you can shut off the input because the pressure may kill you

Complete the air alarm by adding electronics to the frame, then wires. Screwdriver to finish

At this point you can set the air alarm, personally iset to panic siphon, manually setting it all takes far too much time.

Compressing air theory
Managing lavaland Atmosia has many set ups. But I primarily inject it into a chamber so it continually fills. then scrub the BZ from it.
Some might alternatively just scrub BZ Directly from lavaland but injectors can continuously inject air into a chamber so it does not clog completely.

Without freezers to compress the air you might only get a few thousand moles in depending on the rolled temperature of lavaland at roundstart ( i have seen 10-60 degrees C). So get those parts from engineering and build freezers to compress the air.
Build a cannister(10 iron in hand) and wrench it into a connector with your BZ extraction method and start hauling it to sell!
Try to always have a cannister being filled so production does not stop simply because there is no space in the pipes/containers.

imgur.c0m/z8WoWr7

This is my personal setup post scrubber nerf. Depending on access problems will take approximately 20 minutes to speed run set up alone. Assuming no problems like a cult or revs in the way. You will not be able to finish this effectively before nuke ops so don’t bother.

Dont Stop there!
take atmosia further and ultilise the plasma and plasma if any for tritium production. Its one of the only places besides metastation plasma miner where plasma regenerates if the station runs out or the SM is not configured filter plasma. It wont be enough to make a lot of fusion but i can see it happen if more experienced atmos men can optimise a set up.

imgur.c0m/PezFEkJ

5 Likes

Bluespace capsules have infinite power too. To expand more, just place capsules next to the base. Use regular tools or a jackhammer to remove the walls.

Do any of this and you’re liable to very quickly end up with a gas field blown up by an admin explosion.

2 Likes

I dare you to try justifying blowing up a gas compressor, it’s mapped on every map that has atmospherics. The gas storage chambers work thanks to injectors having no pressure checks.

1 Like

And why is that? Players are taking advantage of a planets natural resources?

1 Like

Also that is a fast way to get an admin report on the forums

1 Like

As a person that sometimes plays cap i support this and this is very based

thats just lame admining, 0/10

3 Likes

As if blowing up the thermo engine or deleting plasma glass wasn’t enough, the new hot admin take is killing players for taking natural gasses.

Instead of, you know, removing the thermo engine, replacing the glass with something more straightforward, and lowering the amount of bz on lavaland.

Because who needs improvement when you can just scare players into leaving the game i mean not abusing mechanics.

9 Likes

To my limited knowledge of admin policy and rules of the server, This farm does not break any rules and if it is i shall delete it.
If such adminbus is to be the norm, i believe a consensus should be reached and made law. So i dont have to waste my time experimenting nor the time of anyone else reading this guide.
This just creates admin variance that should be ironed.

But i shall make my case for the mechanics at play.
This requires knowledge of Atmos, Cargo, Base building and basic engineering.
Penalising a player’s creative use of knowledge by blowing farms up creates a precedent of non experimentation and disincentives players from trying new things.

I do not believe playing to the game’s mechanics is a problem. Unless it Utterly breaks the point of certain mechanics. A fine example would be an injector underneath the SM.
I do however that some aspects need to be fine tuned and balanced with dynamic changes that will be best for the possible fate of gas experimentation on lavaland.

3 Likes

Y’know, you make a fair point.

A really mature response to criticism.

2 Likes

So remove don’t improve, very nice

Stop having fun in a way I don’t like! Reee! Remove BZ!

6 Likes