Everett/Fighterslam's admin app

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): fighterslam

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): fighterslam#3109

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): I’m hopefully starting a new job soon, so I won’t be on quite as much as I have been, but generally every day I’ll be able to put in a few hours. Timezone is Central Standard Time.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I’m not too sure. Previously, I would’ve said that I would get rid of the ‘ban from sage so they get deported to golden’ policy because that simply didn’t work. It’d just send shitters and griefers to golden where they’d ruin things for an even smaller population of people, where they’d have more opportunities to screw things up.

How old are you?: 18 as of five months ago

Why do you want to be an admin?: To improve beestation. The sheer amount of shitters I see ruining roleplay and blatantly not giving a damn about others has been wearing on me, and at times I’ve lost the motivation to send ahelps because of the sheer amount of things there are to report, there’s a lack of admins on sometimes, and I don’t want to bother the admins. Also, I’ve been told that I should apply for quite a few people, and Bee is losing alot of admins with very few new applicants. I want to keep the server alive.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since mid-2019.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Since mid-2019. I’ve racked up about two-thousand hours on Beestation alone and probably another two-thousand collectively on other servers such as Aurora, Civ13, Skyrat, Colonial Marines, TGMC, CorpMercenaries, World… Yeah. Alot of places.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’d give myself a solid 8.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: Well, I’ve been an admin on Blue Colony and Civ13 before, and thus far I haven’t gotten in any trouble, though I’m not experienced with a large server like bee. I would rate myself an 8, I guess? I’m not too sure how I’d perform in Beestation’s environment, but I’m willing to give it a try. I’m familiar with the interfaces due to hosting private servers before and adminning on other servers, though I still have a bit to learn.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Yeah. Other SS13 servers as mentioned above and a long time ago on ROBLOX.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Not Applicable as I have no alts.

Your strengths: I like to think I’m a good roleplayer, and an all-around robust player and a solid mentor. I also think I’m good at receiving feedback and actually using said feedback to improve.

Your weaknesses: Sometimes I can be a bit impulsive, or quick to jump to conclusions. I’m trying to do better at that, but that’s probably the most important thing for my application.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Not really, no. I have a quite few flaws, but there isn’t anything that makes me get mad super fast…

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: The ability to remain level-headed and professional when needed. Just not letting shitters get to you, not getting upset when someone calls you the n word in a ticket for the fiftieth time, that kind of stuff.

What makes a staff team good?: How well they perform. I always believe actions speak louder than words - a staff team that carries out their job well is a good staff team. Making rounds more enjoyable for players, creating an interesting overall narrative for a shift, getting rid of people who seek to ruin the experience for others… All of these things, if they’re done, can contribute to making a staff team good.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To make the experience more enjoyable for players. To manage it, to deal with rulebreakers (hopefully by helping them improve! But that’s not something everyone can do.) To make rounds more interesting, to make the server a good environment.

What kind of player are you?: Sage player. I’ve got a considerable amount of hours on most jobs (Though I don’t play medical much outside of Virology, which I used to main back in 2019, and Chemist, which I’ll occasionally play to make chemistry factories so medbay can deal with their 50 patients without being too overwhelmed or stressed.) I did rarely play on Golden and that used to be my preferred server, but it’s gone now, sadly.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Hopefully I’ll be able to learn more self-control and discipline by having some actual responsibility in my life beyond myself.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: This is context-sensitive. If the HoS was fighting nukies, then it’d probably be a bwoink for the clown, since this could very well result in the death of the HoS or maybe even a victory for the nukies if the HoS had the disk on him. Otherwise, if there wasn’t any sort of critical situation, just teleport the gun back to the station, maybe subtle-message the HoS that they feel like the gun is outside of departures or something. It’s important for items of interest to remain in the round for things like antagonist objectives.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Assuming that another admin is dealing with the effects, check their account age and maybe Client ID (not sure if Bee logs these though) to see if they’re also an evader. If they’re an evader/new account, then it’d probably be just a permaban on the spot. If they were a known player, ask them why they did it. Chances are they got upset, or the account was hijacked - it’s definitely going to be a long ban either way due to them plasmaflooding as a nonantagonist.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Figure out what explosive they mixed and tell them how to avoid doing that on accident in the future. The rest of it can probably be dealt with by the doctors and engineers, but if there are none/they’re not available, moving the corpse out of chemistry to get them back in the round a bit quicker, just giving things a slight nudge so they can hopefully get back to enjoying their round.

6 Likes

Do you think you could get a reference from some respectable player on one of these servers?

Its not necessary but I think it could help you out quite a bit.

2 Months ago your ticket conduct wasn’t exactly great, but you havent had any problems since and you seemed to want to improve.

You have quite a few notes total, but for a robust player with 2000 hours its expectable and most of them are over a year old.

+0.5

1 Like

This was never a policy for this. The only people supposed to be deported to golden were those that had no apparent interest in RP.

This policy will remain even without Golden: those without an interest in RP will be shown the door much more quickly than those that are simply slipping up.

That out of the way

Putting past issues in the past, I’d be happy to see you step up to admin and give it a shot.

+1

1 Like

Working on getting a vouch or two as per your recommendation.

I know I used to be a massive shitter and I still have to work on improving but I’m hoping this will give me the motivation and discipline I need, so any feedback you have would be very valued!

Reference will still help for others

But I can +1 giving a try.

Good that you recognize what does seem like your main weakness looking at notes, which aren’t a great history but with how active you are it’s not the worst either.

1 Like

-Dionysus, head admin at Civ13

-Jonathongun/JamesTheBond, moderator over at Colonial Marines 13/CM13

These are the two vouches I’ve acquired so far.

6 Likes

+1 for having a shitter background and actually learning from mistakes unlike most shitters

4 Likes

Changing my vote from +0.5 to +1

T: +4

1 Like

It’s not actually as uncommon as it seems. It’s just a lot easier to forget about the shitter that stops causing problems because the only players that keep getting reported are the ones that continue to show up right under our noses.

1 Like

Notes are a bit worrying but most of them are fairly dated, worth giving them a chance in my opinion.

+0.5

1 Like

interesting background, but he has gone trough his redemption arc
1+
T: +5.5

1 Like

What do you want, a cookie?
I’d like to see how you do under trial at the least.
+1

+6.5

1 Like

I think this have some potential. You improved your behavior. I don’t mind giving you a chance.

+1
T:+7.5

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with this application, and you’re clearly dedicated to the community. I’m happy to see you have a trial period, and I’ll be interested to see how you handle your first tickets.
+1
T: +8.5

1 Like

Application accepted.

Welcome to the team.

3 Likes