Event ideas?

And no DAGD objectives.

2 Likes

no theft objectives, afformentioned station with everything swapped for syndie gear and slight extra availability of murder/combat gear.

1 Like

every crewmember has another crewmember as a murder target and you can murder in self defence. whoever remains wins

2 Likes

yeah that’s what happens in “The Ship” or in our case, “The Station”.

1 Like

The 1984 Event

Eveyone is forced to wear the same jumpsuits no matter the job.
The AI acts as “Big Brother” and is the leader of the station. The captain is just a pawn as are the rest of command.
Security of couse act as the “Thought Police” and are allowed to silence any crew that try to show free will. People who disobey are borged.

Crew will be given rules like laws that they need to follow. If they disobey the Thought Police gets them.
Laws could be that everyone must have the same haircut. Don’t have hair? Too bad.
The eventual goal of the round would be set around revs taking over and subverting the AI so everyone is free.

Probably overthinking the hell out of this but I’d figure it would be worth sharing the idea.

6 Likes

I think it would be more interesting if everyone is watching over their shoulder doing the hidden antag thing and the comparative inability for NT to bully people back in line only gradually leaking out. With an obvious signpost that “this round is purely for flexing your e-peen killer strat ASAP”, I fear you’ll get the same general round trajectory as those “Speedrun Any%” Rev rounds.

1 Like

How about the station or the captain gets a ‘Workplace Motivational events’, where the whole station has to try and go along with the event as a Nanotracen vip comes in to see if the station is fitting the ‘quota’.

So if the ‘vip’ (probs an admin) gives the station a good rating, the station can get a random reward based on the rating or a punishment. I’m just hoping that this allows the admins to maybe have an excuse to encourage roleplay abit.

e.g. Station themes(bee/honey theme or christmas themed), Appreciate your assistant day, Bring a pet to work day(everyone gets a pet beacon).

3 Likes

Not sure what to name this but…
How about a station wide event where the whole station needs to band together to do or make enough of something(eg credits) to appease the admins.

e.g Like a dragon forcing people to bring them hordes of money or telling the crew to bring crazy stuff like all of robotics or to build a tesla where ever they are basing themselves (eg. right in the middle of the bridge).

3 Likes

A whole civilization of abductors flies to the station to battle the crew on a giant UFO. The abductor’s goal is to enslave the whole crew with minimum casualties, reducing them to servants for the abductors, while the crew’s goal is to survive. Could be half the server vs the other half for team balancing.

3 Likes

This sounds fun! maybe something i could do to spice up a greenshift / low dynamic!

oooooooooohhh that’s great, i can probably spawn a huge dragon, and crew needs to build them a lair to appease it. sounds cool!

I think it would devolve into TDM at that point, i’m afraid

2 Likes

Funny enough getting cook in this round would be insta win, because the sharpened butchers cleaver can kill your target fast and the gibber allows you to round remove, and no one can harm you in the kitchen. So you could just rush your target one minute in

1 Like

Absolutely giant meteor that spawns far away from the station. Moves .5 tiles every 30-50 seconds. Crew has to build the best defenses it can before the meteor hits and annihilates crew

1 Like

Not a new event (not sure who was the original brain behind it) and needs multiple admins (one per department)
But i’d like to see the return of the “Extreme SOP” event.
Where everyone has to uphold to their SoP or get gibbed with Centcom announcing who and why the person got gibbed.

Last time I participated in that event was a… Blast.

3 Likes

OO7 wanted to run it again a few weeks (months even, maybe) ago.
I would run something like that, but first we need to find a better punishment than permanent round removal.
Maybe jail? Perma? hmm

2 Likes

Extreme SOP, warden steps out of brig without HoS signing off on it and holding brig en-lieu? BOOM, Predator missile-d out of existance.

1 Like

teleport to lavaland beach

1 Like

I believe that’s a thing already

1 Like

How about ‘Hungry Games’ where everyone’s or specific people just have a waaay faster metabolism to the point where its almost unsustainable and starvation starts to actually cause bad effects like severe Hallucinations and what not.

So some people might have to resort to eating foods they can’t normally eat like raw meat or even other crew members!

2 Likes

That was mostly the intended idea for long greenshifts especially. That way people wont just afk or walk around aimlessly.
Giving people some goals sort of help kill the time and have fun like the cargo bounties which alot of people ignore.
If there’s plenty of things happening on the station people tend to ignore it but when there’s nothing it tends to be done quite quickly.

I’m just hoping it can actually be implemented into the server as an non hostile event like mice drop event since it’ll be something nice during long green shifts or lonely ones.

2 Likes

Gulag 1v1 to return to station

3 Likes