EPS Mail Delivery Milestones

Go for it.

Truthfully, one of the plan i had was to implement a way to pack up your own mail (atleast using special machinery for non-paper stuff and use the Bluespace tech to compress items) and the ability to send back spam mail to either get scammed, get nothing or get money/unusual items back.

Also addressing the whole “Critical” mail by adding a signed receipt system, where the receiver has to sign a sheet of paper on the back confirming they got the mail, hand it back to the mailman and in cargo send said sheet of paper back to centcomm to get some extra credits to cargo.

EDIT: there’s more stuff i’d like to implement, but due to either being REALLY boring (aka add prioritary mail that needs registering, or pack up mail to be sent back to Centcomm with the same crate they got in) i think it’s better that they aren’t considered.

3 Likes

while the proposed ideas sound cool, I think I fear playing EPS as a traitor, as I consider it to be a difficult role
EDIT: thinking of it, there’s already plenty of difficult and outright mail refusing recipients, so I can’t imagine the irredeemable damage done to EPS reputation by playing it as traitor
that being said, EPS units will gladly continue to serve mail, including but not limited to, if not with priority, that coming from crew itself
and remember, if you need some dangerous package delivered, make sure to wrap it in something, be it even a plain container, EPS holds mail privacy to very high standards (FAQ: yes, relaying messages is also something EPS would do, cough, voice analyzer, cough)

2 Likes

So do your pronounce EPS like “Hey eeeps” or like. “Hey E.P.S”

oh God I didn’t expect this question
I will not set a canon for this, but if you’re really curious, for reasons I won’t explain, I pronounce it like… epɨsɨ (in IPA phonetic notation)
while at it, it’s unexpectedly difficult to find an IPA to speech tool that processes [ ɨ ] properly…

Ee/pee/ess
The only way to say it

3 Likes

-Orion Galatea, Mailbot Enjoyer

2 Likes

Be on an assassination mission, barely scrape by alive after succeeding, EPS pops around the corner, “YOUVE GOT MAIL”
“Wh- What the fuck… HOW the fuck?”

3 Likes

Oh god the unabomber gimmick… RUN

But for real, keep it up i always enjoy seeing EPS around and if the mail-traitor items are merged i’ll be looking forward for your gimmicks!

got you covered

9 Likes

You should totally deliver mail to a shaft miner while he is fighting a megafauna.

3 Likes

Coming soon :tm:

1 Like

I fucking love this. Is it cool if I make my own EPS-esque delivery boy? Everything else has gotten boring but this sounds fun to do

of course

I consider it fair that other players can do this gimmick as well, given that EPS mailbot happened through interaction with other players in an unplanned and unexpected way, turning out to be one of the happiest accidents I had on ss13

it is not one of the easiest tasks to cause IC conflict over OOC conflict though

there is a PR in development (see above posts) that allow for a traitor mailman and I’m not planning to fill that kind of role soon, considering it difficult, but other people taking on this role might find it very helpful for mixing their gimmick with their goals

otherwise, that being said,
there’s mail pending and it needs delivery
good luck

1 Like

Just gotta deliver mail to someone about to get banned in the admin room in CentComm now.

Pro tip: Install a beacon on potential griefer when they aren’t expecting it and teleport to them when you think they are getting banned.

1 Like

Or find a blood cultist or heretic about to make a sacrifice and deliver mail to the victim or themselves. Better yet! Ask to be teleported to the clock cultist lair and deliver mail to people there!!

“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds”

The only big thing left is to deliver mail during an ash storm since that’s the closest we got. Not even that hard compared to what’s already been done

1 Like

You can’t teleport to the CentCom Z-level. :pensive:

wow I can’t believe I missed this
one of the first delivery milestones
wizard round on deltastation
wizard takes Flesh to Stone spell
morgan strange, secutity officer, has mail (hello @Fronsis)
however when I meet them they were an unfortunate statue
Well, Anyways…

You Got Mail!

• offers an item

morgan: * blinks
morgan: * doesn’t move

4 Likes

There are other Z-levels? D:

Then I guess his only bet is flirting enough with one of y’all to be teleported to y’all. xd

2 Likes