Ban Type:
game ban
Ban Length:
permanent
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2024/3/29
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
As a regular cargo tech, bought an autorifle crate and sought the means to open it for self-defense. You have been talked to about this several times in your low playtime here. Please come back here in a year with a vouch if you wish to play here again…
Appeal Reason:
I understand why I was banned but it being permanent is really insane considering the circumstances. Though I did intend to break it open due to there being no HOS, warden, or quartermaster to ask to unlock it, I never intended to grief or do anything malicious with them, so it being perma based purely off of me buying an autorifle crate (breaking only the powergaming rule) is what i dont get
Additional Information:
I have had some bans before but being completely honest i dont really remember what they were about, so the no powergaming rule being enforced this hard kinda came as a shock to me. If you could give me another chance I would really appreciate it and I will try to adapt to the rules

Hey there, thanks for appealing this!

I’ll go through my thought process on why I opted to have you come back in a year with a vouch.

You currently have about thirteen hours of living playtime on bee.

In that time, you have been talked to several times ingame, and have had a valid player report made against you where we had to contact you here: Bogus Berry player report

In all the times we’ve had to talk to you leading to a ban, it has been related to you acquiring weapons and access that you had no good reason to have beyond self-defense, something that is explicitly mentioned in the rules (2.2.1) not to do.

Admin conduct 2.5.3.3 states that “Repeat offenses will be met with escalating punishment (e.g. Note > Minor > Major > Perma)”.

When I talked to you today, you had just gotten off of a week-long ban here:

I am worried that if I were to trust you to follow the rules on this server after breaking them for the same reason two hours of playtime later, you are going to break them again after another two hours of playtime later.

I hope you understand now why this happened, and how the permaban wasn’t based off just the crates, but all the other times you acquired guns and access for self-defense too. The year and a vouch is the way to rebuild trust, and I hope you come back with a better outlook on playing a character beyond “winning”!

Have a good one regardless!

2 Likes