Engelwoods Staff App - Side B

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Engelwood

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Big John#2912

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Weekends, Monday and Tuesday Afternoons

What changes, if any, would you bring?: More interaction between the playerbase and staff team

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be an admin?: To help keep sage clean free of the big griefs, loser tides and refugees from Golden. And to also bring the hilarity that ensues from the admin menus

How long have you been playing SS13?: For about a year now, with 770 hours

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: All of the time spent on SS13 has been on Beestation Servers

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8 I have pretty decent knowledge of the game and can implement it in my robusting

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 4, I have been practising using admin tools recently and I’m starting to get the hang of them

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Apart from trashy Gmod Darkrp and Starwarsrp server, no

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I think Larry Linguini, haven’t logged on an alt in forever

Your strengths: I’m impartial in all situations I look at and take things from multiple points of view

Your weaknesses: I can usually be a bit too lenient at times

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People who cry when they die after murdering half the server

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: God damn PATIENCE, No patience? Then you’re gonna just snap at everyone and just make shit unenjoyable for everyone.

What makes a staff team good?: Cohesion, variance and co-operation

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To provide the users with a fun game that isn’t ruined by hacks, grief, trolls and rule breakers

What kind of player are you?: I’m an independent player who usually sticks to their own shit in the round and practises stupid projects

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’ll have a lot more ghost hours and a lot of typing to do

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
I would bwoink the clown about why he spaced the gun. I would assume that since he spaced it right after that he has an idea of this being bad. Depending on his note history, i would either give a note if he’s mostly clean, or possibly a light ban if they have a particularly grief heavy history

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
I would interrogate him about why he felt like this was a good thing to do. Considering there’s no explainable reason as to why he would do this, I would issue a perm ban for atmos tech until he can prove he is ready to play his role, and a heavy server ban if he has had any other notes about similar behaviour in the past

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
If his actions haven’t affected anyone else, and that it was an accident, it wouldn’t even be worthy of a note

If I haven’t built up enough hours, may bloons3 issue me a note saying “Using the Name “Mr Allah” isn’t gonna fly on either server”

There is some difference of opinion on the matter among staff, but in my opinion even if it did affect someone else, a genuine accident should not be punished unless the player has a history of negligence or lying.

Accidents should however be at least minor notes, because players that frequently cause accidents tend to actually be causing “accidents”

This does not always mean believing someone when they claim something was an accident, but that is a seperate discussion and something that is only really possible to discern with experience

As an extension of the above, this is pretty damn hard to do on accident, though it is possible. Someone performing server-wide grief is deserving of a full permanent server ban even if they lack previous notes.

You can lean on others for input on whether something is conceivably an accident or not.

This is something of a yellow flag, as one of our active goals at this time is finding ways to discourage players from sitting in isolated bubbles all round without actually participating in the round at large.

It’s not to say you aren’t a good candidate for admin, just a forewarning that you may dislike the direction the server is planned to head in.

I’m withholding an actual vote until someone (potentially me in a little bit) posts some additional questions.

I feel like working as an admin and having that connection would be a building block to me learning how to open out of the bubble, and start interacting more with the crew and station as a whole. Whilst I’m more closed in during game time, I frequent the forum and discord quite a bit, not always saying something that helps along the conversation, but its something ig

Quick little bump, admins, please share your horror stories of Ruth Less so Ruko can question why he should even consider accepting the app

Little bit of a cheeky double bump for the lads

I’m in a spot where I don’t wanna bump the app because I don’t wanna become the “PLESSE GIB MOD WHERE IS MY ADMIN ROLE” and be impatient. On the other hand I don’t wanna leave it with no bumps and make people think I don’t care about it. So I’m just gonna go for the triple bump because louie gives me the confidence to do anything

Nobody’s posted any other questions yet, but your note history is pretty good.

791h, handful of bans.

I think thats good enough for my +1 for now.

Also, sorry about the late response. Admins should be getting to it now so there should be some progress towards processing this soon.

Thata alright my man, appreciate the +1 :rat:

Upon review of your in-game conduct, I do not believe you are a good fit for the Beestation staff team, especially on our new path as a roleplay server.

T: 0

I really don’t think you’re what Beestation needs right now even with us as short on staff as we are. You left the server for months, and have been trying to acquire a staff position from the moment you came back. Additionally, you have never had any interest in RP whatsoever before Golden shut down.

Not only do I agree with Inithis’ review of your logs, but your logs are extremely sparse for the playtime you are now generating. It almost (almost is key here, some solo projects simply don’t generate logs) looks like you’re farming playtime while doing almost nothing - you have not only very few say logs, but very few interaction logs in general for the playtime you have produced since being told you were too inactive to consider.

While I appreciate the application, the circumstances behind it are definitely too eyebrow-raising for me to welcome you or vote to give you a chance in confidence.

T: -1

While the answers are formally correct and even better than some I’ve seen, Internal review of conduct doesn’t convince me that you’ll be a good fit with our team or even honestly align with our values and future direction

T: -2

The only reason I’ve tried to push myself into the RP side of this game is to stay in the Beestation community. I’ve always enjoyed the community here and I wanted to try and push myself to be a part of it

I’ve never really found a way for myself to be involved much with other people in this game besides helping with tasks or playing more service based roles.

I can understand why, I’ve not exactly got a staff worthy attitude or record haha

Well, if anyone feels right closing this app, go ahead, It’d probably be better closing it before I reached a record lowest total score

Will go ahead and close it up for now then.