FreshMeatLover
Ban Type:
Note
Note Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022-09-18 15:29:06
Round ID:
Unknown
Note Reason:
After ending a hostage situation in a very sad way by just rushing in and getting the hostage basically killed instead of roleplaying it out (Like other people were doing in the meanwhile) they have been reminded that this is a roleplay server and that one should roleplay when possible and reasonable.
Appeal Reason:
Not here to appeal I want it reworded, I explained in the bwoinks what actually happened
There was a hostage situation in brig where hos got taken hostage and the 2 kidnapers were in perma with the hos bolted
One of the kidnapers demanded the nuke core for the release of hos but that is imposible without the tools, so negotiation was out of the book
One of the kidnapers got cocky and started making a fake reinforced wall going to brig medical in corg station, I hid in a crate waiting to ambush them, they were clearly trying to run with the hostage at least one of them.
“by just rushing in and getting the hostage basically killed”
Now this is the part of the note I want altered, I didnt have a choice I didnt rush in to get the valid, Fight or flight kicked in, I was basically forced to do that by the actions taken by both sides, as the note clearly says I was not the only one rushing in this situation, one of crew either the antags by making a fake wall, or the crew present by unbolting perma where the traitors resided forced the other to act, The hostage was going to get harmed either way, and by not rushing in I was going to do more harm than good,
I understand I am not here to win,
To help you put in my POV here is an analogy if its even the correct us for the term.
A schoolbus which has the brakes cut is speeding downhill and its going to just run off the edge of a cliff if someone doesnt do something,
the drivers are 2 groups of children which are fighting over the steering wheel resulting in the bus going like
LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT slamming the inhabitants in the process
I was that someone who decided we shouldnt go off the edge and had to side with one of the children and so I pull the steering wheel making the bus run into things to slow the descent, the bus stops and the hos flies out of the windshield but not off the cliff, everyone is bruised because the children couldnt work with eachother, even if I sided with the other children the hos would still have eaten some dirt.
I had no choice at that time, the correct choice would have been not playing sec since that would consist in going in a bus driven by children.
Additional Information:

I hope this is readable

1 Like

Thats one hell of an analogy. Though, you could have just joined the passengers and didnt involve yourself in the struggle. What I’m trying to say is that you dont have to involve yourself in everything, even as a securitas personnel, especially if there are other seccies as well. It is fine to just forward information to the others. Maybe ask for their ideas on what you should do or at least for permission to act on the situation. At least that way you wont be blamed for

as it would have a proper IC reason even if someone died.

All I’m trying to say is to communicate and dont try to do everything yourself, even if that results in someone else’s or your own death if that is what’s needed to push the narrative.

And trolls, dont get banned.

1 Like

I heavily disagree with this. You absolutely had a choice. And the head of staff that was standing next to you was trying to resolve the situation peacefully.

People were trying to RP it out and it looked like it would turn into an interesting and cool situation. Which was something you completely disregarded by rushing in and getting the HOS killed, knowing that they can easily be revived again. Which is LRP behaviour.

There’s a reason to why the police in real life always tries to protect the hostage.

I think the note accurately describes what happened. You absolutely had a choice.

1 Like

What choice?
Do or die?
They shot first, what am I supposed to do, eat bullets?

…They shot first?

From what I remember you were the one that burst into the room in the first place instead of waiting behind the airlock like the two other heads who were trying to negogiate. And the first thing the kidnappers did, was not to shoot you, but rather they shot the person they had kidnapped. And killed the hostage.

Anyways, I don’t really see me changing the wording of this note. As I still believe it very much so accurately describes what has happened.

1 Like

Hi, famed hostagetaker Trevor Sealis here, can confirm after they rushed in I shot the (HoS)tage with a .38 chambered lethally.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 13 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.