EmiliaPains discord mute appeal

Discord ID: EmiliaPains

Admin Discord ID: N/A

Ban Type: Mute/warn

Ban Length: Perma

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 06/28/2021

Ban Reason: Refrain from posting promotional stuff, fairly certain this extends from other SS13 serves to IRL promo codes

Appeal Reason: It’s either against the rules or it isn’t I request a head admin to mediate and make a rulling on the matter

Additional Information: Rule 8: “Do not advertise other discord/game serves here” source Beestation discord

Don’t post literal advertisements for profit/personal gain and then claim it’s just a meme. In my personal opinion this falls under Rule 10.

It’s not directly against the rules of our discord, no, but it’s not possible to list every possible bad thing out in them either, and I don’t think it’s a stretch to compare it to the advertising rule, even if our advertising rule is extremely specific.

Use common sense you say? It’s not against the rules in the rules page, It’s like saying you are not allowed to own any offensive weapons and then arrest someone for buying a kitchen knife

That out of the way, this is only a mute because it was your third warning.

You have two seperate warnings for posting the same image at different times, once in December and once at the end of April. You’d probably have more luck if you want to push for an appeal on one of those.

Do you remember the spiderman web-shot one?

It’s more along the lines of you don’t see anyone else trying to use the meme platform to make personal gains through advertisements. Put the link in your discord status or something if you want everyone to see it. It has no place being posted anywhere in pretty much any discord server.

I do aye and I won’t dispute those as those are FairPlay

Thank you for clearing that up with me you can close the appeal if you want

One of them is also ancient - as long as you remember not to cross that line with the memes, I’ll lift the one I applied.

@Froststahr can decide whether the second warning is old enough for themselves since they applied it.

What of these two bans? One of them was ping Ike the other I’m unsure of exactly

This is very contradictory, of course you can’t specify everything under one rule, but why is the rule written so specifically if it’s enforced so broadly?

What’s wrong with just making the rule more general like “No advertising.”?

You’d have to scroll further.

You’ve been muted and unmuted many times without needing to make an appeal somehow - the warning I had applied all the way back in december when you first posted the image was the one I removed.

You only have two active warnings now. The one for advertising, and the second warning for the spiderman image.

Yeah, while you’re here I suppose I can remove that one taking a look at it, so you have 2 warnings cleared

It was an NSFW video you threw under spoilers and said it was NSFW 2 months ago.

You probably know that it’s not allowed even with a spoiler tag at this point

Two warnings removed, third sustained

1 Like