Admin’s CKEY:
HelloMate
Ban Type:
Note
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022-07-11
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
powergaming. kept and used (in an ic conflict) throwing starts and bolas they found in maintenance. Argumentative in ticket.
Appeal Reason:
I was a station engineer. I went around fixing wires in maint because corg has a incredibly fragile grid.
In maintenance, I found a box of throwing weapons (Natural maintloot spawn). I grabbed said box and put it in my bag.
Later, greytide virus hits engineering. Sandal steals insulated gloves. I shove him for it, and he proceeds to shoot me. I run from him, but he chases me, so I throw a bola at him and try to disarm him. Doesnt work, he reloads, so I start throwing stars at him and then beat him.

If finding something in maintenance and keeping it is bad, please make a ruling on this.
With the logic applied here, we could note assistants for getting insulated gloves and a toolbelt from tech storage, or just simply finding them in maintenance and keeping them, both of which are things that are not being punished.
Furthermore, I have not powergamed. I have not seeked out to find a stash of items that would belong to a antag, nor have I crafted any weapons. I have simply found the box and have taken it.

“Argumentative in ticket.” I was explaining how I found them and then gave the admin a relevant question. Saying that someone is “argumentative in a ticket” should not be used when the bwoinked person tries to defend themselves.

(I will also note that this entire encounter was dealt with IC, I was arrested and got my things taken from me. I complied to the arrest and did not use the weapons on security. Admin intervention was completely unecessary.)

2 Likes

I’ll offer my point of veiw, and wait for the input of another admin before taking any action.

I received an ahelp about you having bolas and throwing stars.
You weren’t an atag.
You were carrying weapons and bolas (combat equipment) with you.
I don’t care if you found them in maintenance, there was no IC reason for you to be carrying them
This is powergaming.
Since this was your first related offense, I noted you.

Yes, you were argumentative in ticket (not sure if i can leak ticket messages).

1 Like

In that case, there is no reason for said items to spawn in maintenance, which, as a sidenote, is not a oversight, and were added by coders.

This would mean that assistants should get bwoinked for taking items from tech storage, as they seek out items that are not a part of their job - and not only them. Several jobs take items which are not relevant to their job. Past a certain few, who actually even needs a belt with tools?

Defending and explaining your actions does not mean that you are being argumentative.

1 Like

That is what the rule says, yes. You need to have IC permission or a good reason that bypasses getting permission to carry a weapon. Were I you I would give in because further arguing (and it is arguing) will likely get this upgraded to a one day ban. You messed up, say you’re sorry and never do it again and you’ll be fine.

Code cannot be invoked as an excuse to break the rules unless you somehow totally lost agency over events. Also there are no coders, we aren’t a company, if you want to make change and improve things, go here: GitHub - BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet: 99.95% station. 0.05% bees

Your character had no reasons to keep that loot, except for the purpose of eventually using it as self-defence to dunk on an antag, your motivation as the player.

You didn’t seek out the loot indeed, and it is a natural spawn. So the offense remains minor and would just be resolved with a callback to rules and a fair warning to improve on your mindset (aka, start roleplaying please, this isn’t a combat server).

Hence why I agree with writing a note recording this incident, especially given your history of toeing the lines.

Tools have several uses, weapons only have one, also they aren’t contraband IC. We do actually bwoink assistants just gaming and not roleplaying, the reason we see them all the time is because no one ever reports them so we get busy with something else.
If this single argument is representative of what you meant by “defending and explaing your actions”, then I also agree with the addendum about you being difficult in tickets.

Don’t hoard weapons with no IC reasons. Start roleplaying, I’ve told you that personnally at least 10 times by now, so I’m done expecting much really.

Note should stay as is.

1 Like

Because the note correctly described your behaviour, it should stay.

Appeal denied.