Dummies Guide to Roguing Nanites

This guide is for teaching people with little to no understanding of nanites how to make quick, easy, and robust rogue nanites.

Step 1: REMOVE ALL THE BENEFICIAL NANITES.
Very often people will chuck toxin build up, and completely ignore Selective Blood Purification, or similar. Go to the NANITE CLOUD SERVER and remove the following from the nanites if present:

• Bio Reconstruction
  • Mechanical Repair
  • Selective Blood Purification
  • Accelerated Regeneration
  • Defibrillation
  • Dermal Hardening (Armor)

Step 2: GET A PROGRAM
Grab a Nanite Program Disk and head over to the Nanite Program Thingy. Then, program it at the Nanite Programmer. Step 3 will teach you which to pick. From there, place it into the Nanite Cloud Server, and click Upload

Step 3: Pick your Poison
Theres alot of ways to fuck with nanites. Each has different uses, varying in Lethality and Effectiveness. Ill run through all the notable nanites you could be using, and how to use them

UTILITY: ELECTROMAGNETIC RESONANCE
Lethality: HARMLESS
Effectiveness: LOW

Effect: The nanites cause an eelctromagnetic pulse around the host when triggered. Will corrupt other nanite programs. (The nanite server will cure this after roughly 30 seconds, due to how the cloud works)

Suggested Use: Generally shit. But if you want to use them grab a Nanite Remote from the Science lathe, match the Trigger codes, and set the remote to Target. Click on people.

WEAPONIZED: Cellular Breakdown
Lethality: MODERATE
Effectiveness: MODERATE

Effect: Minor brute damage overtime. Will definitely catch people off guard, oblivious people might enter crit before they realize it.

Suggested Use: No programming needed, just slap it in and watch people cry.

WEAPONIZED: POISONING
Lethality: MODERATE
Effectiveness: MODERATE

Effect: Basically the toxin version of Cellular Breakdown. Actually injects chems though, so keep that in mind.

Suggested Use: No programming needed, just slap it in and watch people cry.

WEAPONIZED: MEMORY LEAK
Lethality: HARMLESS
Effectiveness: VARIES

Effect: Constantly corrupts programs. Again, cured by the 30~ second cloud resync.

Suggested Use: Place in, wait ~30 seconds, destroy the server.

WEAPONIZED: AGGRESSIVE REPLICATION
Lethality: LOW
Effectiveness: HIGH

Effect: Deals brute damage to the host to increase nanite saturation.

Suggested Use: Cram into the cloud alongside a constantly-active effect like Toxin Buildup. Very good.

WEAPONIZED: MELTDOWN
Lethality: HIGH
Effectiveness: HIGH

Effect: Drains 10 n/s, dealing massive burn damage. Ignores nanite safety threshhold, meaning it will burn out their entire nanite supply unless stopped.

Suggested Use: Cram in. Watch the fire.

WEAPONIZED: CHAIN DETONATION
Lethality: EXTREME
Effectiveness: EXTREME

Effect: Creates an explosion based on the nanite saturation of the host.

Suggested Use: Grab a Nanite Remote, set the trigger code, Set to Targeted or Area, and fucking NUKE people.

WEAPONIZED: MIND CONTROL
Lethality: NONE*
Effectiveness: VARIES

Effect: On Trigger, the target is mindslaved into following the preset command for 60 seconds.

Suggested Use: Grab a Nanite Remote, set the trigger code, Set to Targeted or Area, be evil.
Alternatively, use it for felinid sissy hypnosis

SUPPRESSION: ELECTRIC SHOCK
Lethality: VERY LOW
Effectiveness: Low

Effect: Zaps the target with an electric shock, dealing massive damage to their nanites

Suggested Use: Very, very niche. Use a nanite remote.

SUPPRESSION: SLEEP INDUCTION
Lethality: LOW
Effectiveness: BASICALLY DOESNT WORK

Effect: apparently… puts the target to sleep after a LONG delay.

Suggested Use: Use paralysis instead.

SUPPRESSION: NEURAL SHOCK
Lethality: NONE
Effectiveness: SUCKS COCK

Effect: Stuns the target for a moment with a seizure.

Suggested use: Seriously, this SUCKS. Good for clowns though, use a nanite remote.

SUPPRESSION: PACIFICATION
Lethality: Harmless
Effectiveness: Moderate

Effect: Gives the target Pacifism while active.

Suggested Use: A roleplay oriented Paralysis side grade, pretty much. Or a stealthy way to stop sec from arresting you. Set to INACTIVE in the programmer. Grab a nanite remote and set the activation and deactivation to create a toggle.

SUPPRESSION: PARALYSIS
Effectiveness: High

Effect: Completely halts player actions that are not speaking or emoting.

Suggested Use: Put in as-is and paralyze half the station. Or, combine with Mute for some dastardly deeds, setting to INACTIVE in the programmer and using a nanite remote as a toggle.

SUPPRESSION: FORCED SPEECH
Effectiveness: EXTREME (On felinids)

Effect: Forces a preset text on Trigger. It follows the exact same rules as the player chat box, meaning you can use verbs and radio prefixes

Suggested Use: “*wag”, “;I want to play on the table!!!”. Or use it seriously and create security confusion. Nanite remote as a trigger.

2 Likes

Pro tip: Take advantage of using multiple clouds. Set your gamer nanites aside in their own cloud(and ideally in a hidden, separate machine), while keeping your evil nanites in the machine to destroy.

This can be even better for good nanites where you make a paralyze program for sec to use, give them the remote, and a separate cloud without the paralyze program.

Out of the scope of this guide, but very true

I beg to differ on the emp part. A possible result of corruption is a change or removal of nanite ID. I usually pack my nanites full of programs, so maybe it’s a me problem, but almost every time I’ve been emp’d with nanites I get an id change and something like suffocation or brain damage. The only way to fix a corrupted id is to reenter a chamber or remove them completely, which means there’s a non zero chance to instantly horizontal anyone with nanites simply by emp’ing them. I’ll also note that the activation/deactivation corruption does NOT get reversed by a cloud sync, and it persists through id changes. So getting corrupted can force someone to completely redo their entire cloud setup for very little cost.

Nanites are all about optimization and effectiveness.

Replace all the beneficial nanites with harming nanites,
So that they will activate when the person is wounded and needs healing - for maximum lethality!

No one in medbay will expect nanites to be the culprit

1 Like