Offender’s CKEY: Doktorwueue

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant): N/A

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 09-20-2021 (IST)

Round Number: 34173

Rules Broken (if relevant): N/A

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):

• IC and OOC punishments are separate.

Incident Description:
I went to tech storage and took the insulated gloves to hack my vendor as the roboticist. I have access to tech storage as part of the role and did not misuse the gloves. The vendor was the only thing I hacked in the entire round. Hacking the vendor did NOT give me any contraband items that could be used to grief. I bought 1 techpriest robes and nothing else.

Admin bwoinked me and subsequently proceeded to waste almost an hour of my time over a non-issue. Also brought in another admin who’s name I cannot remember, and he proceeded to give me the same looping argument completely ignoring my replies and asking the same question over and over again. Accused me of powergaming when it clearly was not what I was doing. I did not use any external information to give myself an advantage. Everything I did was in-character and pertinent to my in game job.

Additional Information:
I have screenshots of the entire conversation, but I cannot add links to the post. If whoever is responsible could message me asking for them, I can provide.

11 Likes

How is this relevant?

5 Likes

Cleaned up the thread of peanut posts and misc. discussions. We will review the incident and provide comment soon. I’m temporarily locking the thread to prevent the waters from muddying even further.

4 Likes

A quick update. During our initial investigation, we found evidence indicating that you have been actively ban evading. Not only that, but your previous ckeys appear to be linked to some less than savory behavior including having a ckey specifically created to target a member of staff.

While this revelation doesn’t have any direct bearing on this specific report, we also can’t stand idle and allow continued evasion; especially from someone who seems to have it out for members of staff. As such, your accounts have been permanently suspended, including the account created to make this report.

We will continue to process this report, just without the usual back-and-forth.

14 Likes

After reviewing the ticket and relating logs, we agree that the ticket itself failed to live up to our quality standards. This should have been a relatively simple case where we confirmed if the glove usage was valid IC and then either informed the player to return them or closed the ticket. In this case, the roboticist informed the admin that they were grabbing gloves from tech storage (a room they have access to) so they could hack a vendor in their work-area. This reasoning seems to be entirely valid from an IC perspective and our involvement should have ended there.

Both Wue and the moderator who were jointly handling the ticket have been coached on this and were given additional feedback on ticket handling for the future.

During our investigation, we also found that Wue had been playing as the other roboticist which tangibly links them and the opposing player. Admins are expected to hand off issues which could potentially involve them, especially when other admins are observing the round as was the case here. While it didn’t seem like this had a major impact on the overall end-result, it likely had at least some impact on the overall handling of the ticket and compromised the impartiality of our judgment. Due to this, they have been given a strike.

Since the reporting player has been permanently banned for unrelated reasons, no further actions will be taken. This report will be marked as processed.

7 Likes