Dnd legacy of Does-The-Gimmick

I played last round with a guy named Does-The-Gimmick. We tried to do dnd, but after he wrote the sheets, a Wizard bombed us and we ran into a problem, as the paper sheets were recognised as full. I just wanted to say that i saved both the char and the spells sheets, the spells sheet works fine, but im currently working on shortening the character sheets so that you can actually fill them out. If you got any more sheets that you wanted to be made i will gladly look at them and edit them if necessary.

Oh and, if you got a copy of it yourself, please tell me how much characters should each field fit, so for example: im pretty sure the stats section (STR, DEX) needs only 2 characters for a double digit number at best. Whilst hp might require 3 digit numbers. I do not know the rules nor did i ever play dnd so it would be cool if you could guide me there.

@gimmick 20200202002002020 is that you?

Yeah 3 for HP is all that’s needed even at really high levels

1 Like

You know dnd? Can i throw some questions?
Hp needs 3 characters
Stats need 2? Characters
Skills need 2? Characters
Saving throws too need 2? Characters
Armor needs 2? Characters
All the other ones are 10 and up

For saving throws you can always just calculate them or add them as your notes. No need to waste 1000 chars listing each and all…

Is the formula for that complex? Actually… Nevermind. Ill just google it i guess

Stats: yeah 2 is good
Skills: one most of the time but they do go into two sometimes so better safe then sorry
Saving throws:same as skills
armour: yeah 2 is good

1 Like

Saving throws is just the stat midifyer plus proficiency bonus if applicable

Guess ill gut it, thanks! Should i post this sheet formula somewhere here later? I dont have wiki edit authorization
Note: i recently made a lotta paperwork standart forms, since the old ones went down the drain and i played so much hop. Ill dump em on the forums later too

They are good to have on the application for ease of use, but the formula is not that hard.

A good idea is to have all the saving throws from 1 to 30 listed on a paper.

Or just do the character sheets in Roll20.

It kinda makes it lame though. I wanna play with my fellow spacemen, in spess. If i just wanted dnd that bad i would have most likely found an online service for that. However, spess game has costumes, dice, paper, and people to play around with readily available. The only thing i need to do, is somehow make the paper have less characters…

Here’s a copy-pastable form for Spess D&D, the official edition recognized by NanoTrasen.

Character name:
Character class:
Character race :

Strength:
Endurance:
Dexterity:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

Armor:
Weapon :
Ranged weapon

Character Defense (Dex+End+Armor+10):
Character Health points (End+10):

Inventory:

The sheet our guy made also had the skills like stealth, and we also had to make a second one for the spells

CHAR SHEET OF [________]
Race[________________]
Rcial Bnses[________________]
Proficiency Bonus[____]
Clss[___________]
Algnment [________________]

HP[___]
Armr[__]
Armr bnus[__]
Initiativ bnus[__]
Wlk Speed[__]
STATS
str[__]
dex[__]
con[__]
int[__]
wis[__]
cha[__]

Prsnality Trait[___________________]
Ideals[__________________]
Bonds[__________________]
Flws[__________________]

Sklls
AthltcsSTR[__]
AcrbtcsDEX[__]
Sleight ofHandDEX[__]
StlthDEX[__]
ArcnaINT[__]
HstoryINT[__]
InvstigationINT[__]
NtureINT[__]
RligionINT[__]
Anmal HndlingWIS[__]
InsghtWIS[__]
MdicineWIS[__]
PrceptionWIS[__]
SrvivalWIS[__]
DecptionCHA[__]
IntmidationCHA[__]
PrformnceCHA[__]
PrsuasionCHA[__]
Pssiv WsdomPRCPTION[__]

Weapn1 [_____________]
Weapn2 [_____________]

Inv[________________________________________________________________]
Gld[_______]

the sheet got a little messed up but it checks out at about 840 characters. Should be fine with the maxcap and should be fillable
edit: the boxes all had a number of underscores in them so to facilitate a needed amount of text. Dont know why it decided to fuck it over here, but hey, i fixed it already

Spells
Class casting with [__________________________]

Spellcasting Ability[____________________________]

Save DC [___________________________]

Spell Attack Bonus[_____________________]

list cantrips and spells below[_____[________________][_________________][________________][_______________][______________]____]
use the fields below to dictate number of slots

1st Level[_____]
2nd Level[_____]
3rd Level[_____]
4th Level[_____]
5th Level[_____]
6th Level[_____]
7th Level[_____]
8th Level[_____]
9th Level[_____]

Yeah, I am Does-The-Gimmick. I remember that round fondly. Sorry for necroposting a month late, I don’t log in to forums often.

I found what the problem is, for some reason the underscores take up about 5 symbols worth of symbol cap space, so your sheet was ultimately deemed full every time. I split it into two now and advise you do so too if you plan on actually using it