Discord moderator Massked //DENIED//

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Massked, I think I used to have another one til I swapped computer but can’t remember.

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Massked

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): pst: well I suppose this is somewhat irrelevant as my schedule can change

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I want to be the first discord moderator and this application is about that though I would also like to be a game admin

How old are you?: 22

Why do you want to be an admin?: I think it would be cool to be the only one.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 500 hours

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: played a long time ago, stopped, stared again a few months ago.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 9

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 5

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: uhhhhh I used to be a discord admin for when I used to be in a gaming clan.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: pretty sure I already answered this

Your strengths: usually easy going, can take insults well.

Your weaknesses: I hate people acting dumb for something they know they did wrong. I can handle arguments and encourage them but acting like you don’t know what I’m saying irks me a bit.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: look at previous.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: ability to see the other person perspective.

What makes a staff team good?: consistency. Rules should be enforced as closely as possible by admins otherwise they become irrelevant. Consistent enforcement make people know what is and isn’t ok.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: to promote fun and generally keep the peace to allow players to have fun as well

What kind of player are you?: I am usually pretty chill and like to help out though sometimes I like to play the jackass when the other person refuses to listen to me

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I don’t think I will.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: depends. Is the Hos an asshole? Is there mounting escalation? Then sure fine but if the clown just does it for no reason round start I would earn them not to do it again and give them a minor note.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: regardless of their response, if the logs check out that it is their fault it is 100 percent atleast a 2 week engi ban and maybe a week server ban if this is their first offense. If they have previous history or are non compliant in the behind it scales from there.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: check their history, if this has happened before several times then a ban is in order. But if it hasn’t happened much before or not very commonly I will probably leave him with a warning so long as they are not straight up dickheads in the ahelp.

Also I got an endorsement by lol111

You were muted like 2 days ago

1 Like

3 days ago. 2 days ago i became a mentor.Today I’m hoping to get a a discord position. Next week I will be a headmin.

how did you get mentor while banned and while muted lmao

This is why I’m going with -1, be mentor for some time and I’ll be glad to give you +

1. Confidence 2. It was just a sec ban not like a game ban.

Is this an actual admin app or what?

Title has me a bit confused.

There is a unused discord role called discord moderator. I wanted it and was told to apply on the forums. Here I am

Discord/Community moderators never had the groundwork completely finished because everyone proposed for becoming one ended up applying for (and getting) trial admin.

The idea was that trustworthy players that don’t want the full responsibility and headaches of being a game admin could still help keep discord and the forums in check, but the requirements for being one and the process for accepting them is still sorta up in the air.

I’m not sure if this can be processed yet, even with recommendation.

1 Like

so then can I have it if it is no big deal?

2 Likes

also a yellow name would be nice

2 Likes

… no you can’t “just have it” and I didn’t say it was no big deal - I said there’s no groundwork, no levies of responsibility or plan to handle misconduct. There’s no concrete gauge of whether or not you’re suitable to be a mod, or any system of voting.

You don’t automatically get staff position because we can’t process the application.

3 Likes

Also these questions you answered are about in game admin acts, so they are useless

Discord Moderator role has since not yet been released, when this is open for application we will announce it.

3 Likes

Do you really want to be known as a Discord Moderator?

https://youtu.be/RFgjQXV890A

2 Likes

Denying as the role hasn’t been established/released.

Denied.