Disclosure of embezzlement

Disclosure of embezzlement /s

As some of you may or may not know, for most of BeeStation’s existence we have had no more than 1-3 active maintainers at any given time. At least, that was the case. We now have something of an actual development team, and we’ve decided to reward their efforts.

Our three most active maintainers will each receive a $10 Steam gift card. Out of fairness, three admins were also selected at random.

Here’s the list:

• Ckey - Role
  • powerfulbacon - Maintainer
  • thefakeelon - Maintainer
  • park246824 - Maintainer
  • aeder1 - Admin
  • vexylius - Seniormin
  • tyranicranger4 - Admin

Isn’t that kind of sketchy?

In the interest of not blatantly embezzling funds, people with particularly close ties to Upper Management™ such as Qwerty and Francinum were considered ineligible. In addition, none of the persons receiving these funds were in any way involved in the initial idea for this nor the decision-making process. They weren’t even made away that they were receiving Steam gift cards until this very post was published, except for one of the admins who refused to accept Crossed’s Steam friend request without a reason.

Where are these funds coming from?

These funds are being drawn from leftover Patreon donations that weren’t needed for hosting fees. Whenever we have leftover money, we typically stash it in a rainy day fund or spend it to fund code bounties. Since we aren’t hard-pressed for either expense, we saw the opportunity to provide a small reward for our team instead.

Who made this decision?

The Headcoder, Headmins, and Host.

tl;dr

Once again I would like to reiterate that nobody involved in this decision will receive any of these funds. Also the title is a joke if you can’t tell.

14 Likes

Why dont the mentors get money? Embezzle harder nerd.

5 Likes

For a second I thought you were about to disclose our beecoin insider trading

Thank you for all the work y’all do.

3 Likes

screams very loudly

2 Likes

can i get money for being awesome

https://www.sec.gov/ I’m calling the FBI

I mean shit if an admin went out of the way to find me on steam, I’d accept it

Who is Ckey and what do they do.

8 Likes

hello, i am mr. SEC, you are all under arrest for embezzlement and wire fraud along with funneling money to catperson terrorist organizations

10 dollar steam card - who wants it? and yes i am giving it away, remember - code, code, code - and mentors, don’t get BLOCKED!

6 Likes

Thats me,i will glady take the 10$ and use it to buy the new game in the nekopara series(i play it for the plot)

3 Likes

yooooo ckey bro do you really work as Role?

2 Likes

I am actually the Head Role Ops,which means that im technically above the owner!

1 Like

Wouldn’t it make more sense to save the excess hosting fees donations for future hosting costs, having the monthly donations bar start already filled by the excess?

This has already been done, though I don’t remember how many months reserve was agreed upon before moving forward to creating bounties and paying coders.

I don’t care much but I’d like to point out it’s nice that someone’s finally getting payed for their work.

Granted the pay rate of $10 per every ~4 years is a little below minimum wage.

1 Like

I have done nothing but toolbox catpeople in maints. Where’s my hero’s welcome?

In all seriousness, cool beans.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.