Derelict Spawner Mission

For Beestation Sage MedRP server.

I want to suggest a Spawners Menu option for the Derelict similar to the Charlie and Delta station one. And I’d like it to be available for every map that C&D station AREN’T available on. I know the Derelict Drone role is semi-available but to be blunt, I don’t think it’s useful to anyone except someone who likes to play drones. And I don’t feel there’s a massive population of players desiring that.

I do think some would prefer a Derelict Station role as a full character, however for the following reasons:

1. If killed during a LOOONG round and never cloned, gives the opportunity to play on another station for fun instead of floating around waiting for the round to end (which can sometimes happen in 5 minutes or not for 3 HOURS).

2. Some people like the Derelict and love the challenge of repairing it.

3. If disliking the current station, this gives another one available.

4. With no real antag available on it (unless one is made), it allows for extended play to be largely uninterrupted by meaty ores or space vines or anything else (unless an Admin decides to screw around…which could be fun, sometimes.)

I would like for it to have at least 4 or 5 spots available (but all this is negotiable, the ultimate goal is to make the Derelict a spawner role). A good solid team that can do this can probably get the job done.

A SUGGESTION as to what the player can spawn with :

1. A red text stating the usual YOU HAVE NO MEMORY OF PREVIOUS LIFE as well as just a short “YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN BY MOTHER RUSSIA TO RESTORE STATION K13! As Russia is struggling financially and cannot afford to make another one, your goal is to restore K Station to it’s former glory and secure all valuable items. Beware, Space Station 13 may send others. You are not to take aggressive action unless someone invades or you are given orders from Command. Work as a team to rebuild the station!”

2. Russian uniform, jackboots, suspicious toolbox (full), dufflebag (with iron sheets, glass, cable coils and a box with food items), Suspicious Space suit, large oxygen tank, gas mask, Stetchskin (with only one clip).

3. Objectives: 1. Restore power via solars. 2. Repair Gravity Generator, Atmospherics and T-Comms. 3. Contact Command and report in to them.

This will, of course, require some changes to the Derelict. For one, as it was explained to me, the Derelict HAS no Atmos system. So we need to put one in, moderately damaged but repairable. I don’t know if the gravity generator there CAN be repaired but if not, remove it and replace it with one that CAN be repaired.

And put in a satellite of some kind that allows them the ability to listen in but not communicate (except via “ANNOUNCEMENTS” like Captain’s Announcements but instead K13 Station/Kremlin13 Station Announcements) from a comms console.

Finally, some kind of shuttle that can dock with Lavaland so some mining can be done. Shoot, one of those escape pods like near the hermit’s place would do nicely, just have it work like any other shuttle, can only go from Lavaland to the Derelict.

And basically make an admin be “Command”. If there is no Admin, then their objective is simply to repair and mine. If there is an Admin, they can give an objective as they see it.

I know this would be a large amount of work but ultimately, I think it would be worth it. Especially if there could be some kind of war or competition between K13 and SS13, especially if it was over resources in Lavaland. Or a strange alliance or working together. Hell, Syndicates/Nukies could try and ally with a K13 or something to that effect. It opens a LOT of possibilities that I would like to see how players handle or deal with.

1 Like

The gravity generator on the derelict station is functoinal, all you gotta do is built the APC/SMES and it’ll start activating when charged. Of course, the loooong wires required to get it working is the main issue, but thankfully there’s an electritian’s toolbox for that.

So does that mean you’re FOR or AGAINST the idea?

Going to say this is a bad idea for many resons.
1 the drones are fun to play around with but it would be better if you ported TGs derelict as that has more resources to play with.
2 giving them lavaland accses will make it so this literally becomes a second life as pepole will just use lavaland to get onto the station especially if you dont say they cant go to the station. As this will make it worse than hotel in that respect.
3 And if you whant to restore it you would need considerable work to make it desirable with modern department and shit
4 drones have no real difference to humans in terms of repairing the station. In fact I would say they are better at it than full humans as they dont have to worry about air or lighting.
5 drones usually have a diferent short of comradeship that I have not seen with other gostroles that I dont think would be preserved by this change.
I could se this working as an event with admin supervision but on a normal round I dont see it working. And it would remove one of the funniest gostroles for something honestly worse for the pepole that like to repair KS13

1 Like

KC13 never happened though

?
(20 character limit)

1. I already stated the derelict would need changes.
  2. They can only do this Lavaland stuff if Admin permits and the station has been rebuilt to the point of telecomms established. I already stated that as well.
  3. That’s the challenge, it’ll be awhile before it gets repaired. I didn’t say a fully modern department, I simply said making it work.
  4. I completely disagree with you on every aspect of that. Humans can do a CRAP LOAD more than drones. Drones are some of the most annoying things to play as and very limited. Borg, humans, everything is superior to playing as a drone except playing as some goofy animal.
  5. They may be but I have never had that experience, I’ve mostly wished I could speak to a drone and it could speak to me so we could work together, I’d rather have a borg.

I respect your opinion but disagree entirely.

Ok with normal things I would say humans are better than drones but when it comes to repairing something like the ks humans can not do annything that a drone cant do better. Drones have full usability of hands and can do everything a human can do with their hands. The dont need air to do things they can see items machines though walls. They have access to everything.
The only things they cant do is fight (not supposed to), use clothes other than helmet( the drone bag has more than enough space and the only thing you could whant from clothes is a jetpack so you could fly away) they can interact with everything. And even ventcrawl. I see nothing that can make a drone worse than a human when repairing something like KS. I would much rather play a drone when doing KS than annything else especially Borg due to the limitations the modules have when interacting with things. Something drones dont have.

Also with a modern department layout I ment that there is not rooms for most departments.

Something you could do to improve it is port over TGs KS as they have a special drones that can speak human and a lot more resources locked behind a vault that needs powering giving you the ability to restore most of the station. And that is what I think KS should be a fun little autism project for pepole not realy interested in the round while giving you an unique challenge something that the curent and TGs derelict does perfectly according to me
Though for communicating with drones before something like that is ported I would just say pick curator when going there as he knows drone.
Or pick upp the PAI with the language thing and ask it to translate for you

this is amazing, yes

1 Like

The tg ks vault also have a drone language book so anyone can learn drone if they get it open

And a ks drone printer so you can get more numbers

I guess I"m just a sucker for the survivalist type thing, the whole “Build up the relic and make it work despite nothing else working” type stuff. It’s just my kind of thing. And the idea of two statiosn communicating and either fighting, rivalrying, trading or learning to work together appeals to me as it makes space different, opens up different opportunities.

1 Like