DaymanUS vs Wilsonph

Fight or flight can be a hell of a drug - but I want to give some objective advice in general based on one of the core arguments you’ve presented here so far:

The entire shift got to play for a long time, rather than letting two traitors end the round fast.

Those traitors are part of the shift as well. Your job as security is to protect the station, yes, but that doesn’t mean removing people. Your job as a player is to make the game as fun for everyone involved as possible, not to guarantee you and people on your team win.

Part of your job as security is to be a major part of the ongoing conflict with antagonists. The conflict is not ongoing when you rush to end it as quickly and decisively as possible. By all means, try to win or stay on top, but don’t rush the conflict to an end. Keep the antagonists alive for as long as you can justify doing - give them an opportunity to keep entertaining folks.

1 Like

You, yourself, said you wanted them to be gibbed

SAY: DaymanUS/(Charlie Day) “borg” (Central Primary Hallway (120, 142, 2))
SAY: DaymanUS/(Charlie Day) “cap” (Fore Primary Hallway (108, 164, 2))
SAY: DaymanUS/(Charlie Day) “they both are traitors.” (Fore Primary Hallway (108, 164, 2))
SAY: DaymanUS/(Charlie Day) “they need to be gibbed.” (Fore Primary Hallway (108, 164, 2))
SAY: DaymanUS/(Charlie Day) “assistant I deputized, and the moth man” (Fore Primary Hallway (108, 164, 2))
SAY: DaymanUS/(Charlie Day) “Attacked me down there.” (Fore Primary Hallway (108, 164, 2))

2 Likes

From what I can tell, this ban is entirely justified, the reasons you’ve given for what you did, do not excuse you from the rules in any way.

If you’re in a volitile combat situation and 100% need to kill an antag, your job is to make sure they get revived and punished accordingly to space law. By performing an execution without captains approval you failed to do so.

Just because there was a bug involved with the lethal injection, does not mean you’re excempt from the rules here either, as you’ve stated you wanted the antags gibbed anyway in IC logs.

If there was a voting process on appeals I’d vote to deny here. Its only a single day ban too.

This was said in a moment of heat and I really wasnt thinking straight after I was jumped by two men when I was alone… I know it was wrong to say, but in the moment my rage was at a 10. If the cap wouldve helped me in any way, shape, or form I wouldve been happy to brig them forever. But that wasnt the case. I was on a station with a cap who refused to help, a crew who was against me and wishing traitors won, and borgs who didnt help in peacefully arresting the men who were traitors.

And yet, in this thread, you again and again said that they both should have been permakilled.
Sorry but the ban will have to say. Take this time to clear your mind, cool off a bit, give the Standard Operating Procedure and Space Law wiki pages a re-read. Maybe even reflect on your mindset abit, work on getting it more RP-focused.

4 Likes